I taught Jose everything, Sturrock... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I taught Jose everything, Sturrock...

Aug 20, 2009
I take it Mourinho was fortunate enough to miss the session on "How to buy shed loads of crap players, give them long contracts on silly money & bankrupt your club" :twisted:

B

brrrrap

i take it you missed the time sturrock came here had no money got a brilliant team together got us two championship winning teams in three seasons :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Aug 20, 2009
Point taken brrrap, but he has certainly managed to put us back where he found us, yes I know we are still a division higher but the clubs current momentum & the burden of our contractual obligations may still see us drop further.

B

brrrrap

yeh i'll give you that but were would we be with out him? conference?? or worse

May 22, 2006
Pretty sure it was Ranieri who signed Gallas.

Though Mourinho did do that to a lot of his signings; Scott Parker, Alexei Smertin, SWP, that ginger guy from Reading....

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
bringonthemilkman":2bjapzuv said:
I might be wrong but didn't Mourinho sign Gallas for Chelsea and not play him for a whole year when he was on a £70 k a week ?

You're thinking of Winston Bogarde I reckon. Twelve appearances in four years at Chelsea, earning £40k a week. :lol:

Luggy will always be a legend in my eyes.

Jan 15, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
Andrew Owen":1pxyya66 said:
Pretty sure it was Ranieri who signed Gallas.

Though Mourinho did do that to a lot of his signings; Scott Parker, Alexei Smertin, SWP, that ginger guy from Reading....

Got to argue with you there Mr Owen. Scott Parker and Alexei Smertin were both signed under the Ranieri era.

Jun 16, 2006
Telegraph article lists his signings at Chelsea. Some notable failures in there but how much he had to say in Schevchenko who knows?

Nearly every siging Sturrock made in his second stint was a gamble to get the quality required to compete at the top of Championship on a bottom three budget. Some were based on bad injury record such as McNamee, some on stalling promising careers due to attitude he thought he could correct, such as Walton and others proved to be based on both.