Hollwords charged with improper conduct | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hollwords charged with improper conduct

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
From the BBC......

Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association for his language and behaviour towards match officials.

The Seasiders lost at home to Blackburn last Saturday following a contentious goal deep into injury time.

Holloway said after the match: "The referee [Mike Dean] had a poor game and he is going to report me for what I said to him in the tunnel.

"I thought there was some unbelievably strange decisions out there."

Blackpool were particularly angry when Brett Emerton's winner was allowed to stand despite a suspicion of offside and what Holloway felt was a foul on Gary Taylor-Fletcher in the build-up.

Under the FA's new fast-track procedures, Holloway has until Friday to respond to the charge.

The 47-year-old admitted after last weekend's derby: "I waited for [Dean] in the tunnel. Never mind, I have got to learn and I should know better - but it is ridiculous."

A regulatory commission will hear the case within 10 days of Holloway's response, and a previous incident on his disciplinary record will be taken into account in any punishment.

He served a two-match touchline ban for improper conduct towards a match official at Blackpool's meeting with Ipswich in January.