One team in Devon ? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

One team in Devon ?

May 21, 2010
taunton
Just a thought whether or not it would be beneficial or even possible to have just one team in Devon, i.e. the 3 teams become one. Of course initially the supporters of Argyle, Exeter and Torquay would detest the idea of travelling to Home Park every 2 weeks to see the team play, but in time, who knows. And what sort of average crowds would be expected then, my estimate would be around 11,000 in division 2. Maybe wouldnt or couldnt be possible, but really Devon does not have the fan base to support 1 club let alone 3, sad but true. Devon United in the premiership, playing at City of Plymouth Stadium, in Green of course. Never happen ?

B

blenks

taunton pilgrim":17zmm5by said:
Just a thought whether or not it would be beneficial or even possible to have just one team in Devon, i.e. the 3 teams become one. Of course initially the supporters of Argyle, Exeter and Torquay would detest the idea of travelling to Home Park every 2 weeks to see the team play, but in time, who knows. And what sort of average crowds would be expected then, my estimate would be around 11,000 in division 2. Maybe wouldnt or couldnt be possible, but really Devon does not have the fan base to support 1 club let alone 3, sad but true. Devon United in the premiership, playing at City of Plymouth Stadium, in Green of course. Never happen ?

Not in a million years

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
taunton pilgrim":3kdfgipz said:
taunton pilgrim? Taunton Exhibition since breakfast more like!

Apr 13, 2008
Plymouth
taunton pilgrim":vc592htp said:

:shock: ...
Devon does have the fan base to cover all 3 sides, it has done for 100 years, its only mismanagement to the reason were struggling at this time, nothing to do with crowd numbers
having sides close to us helps competition, local derbys and rivalry are all good

what a bizarre thought to have.. :lol:

Nov 8, 2010
taunton pilgrim":v0rfh1fu said:

If it happened, I'd follow the AFC Argyle team that'd inevitably form.