Danny Wilson quits | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Wilson quits

P

Paul_Roberts

Surely this is Argyle related?

Oh well, no biggie.

G

Green Goblin

Swindon without Austin and Paynter, among others, have collapsed. It was inevitable that Wilson had to go after their terrible season so far.

I think most people assumed that Swindon would be one of the better teams this season also.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Green Goblin":13862vsl said:
I think most people assumed that Swindon would be one of the better teams this season also.
Didn't they get into the play-offs last season? Think was close either way.

M

mikeyb66

Looked pretty good away to Charlton earlier in the season, not sure whats happened to them.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Not good, this will have an influence on how Argyle's season pans out. The "new manager effect" will get them some wins.
Argyle and L1 related for sure.

A board for general discussion about non-League One football.

G

Green Goblin

Green_Matt":dximv98m said:
Green Goblin":dximv98m said:
Didn't they get into the play-offs last season? Think was close either way.

They eliminated Charlton and then lost at Wembley against Millwall.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":xgeaub4q said:
Not good, this will have an influence on how Argyle's season pans out. The "new manager effect" will get them some wins.

The new manager effect didn't exactly do wonders for Argyle the last couple of times we tried it mid-season (Sturrock #2 and Mariner). I think it's a myth. There are just as many instances of clubs continuing to be rubbish when a new manager takes over part-way through a season as clubs reviving. Sheffield Wednesday sacked their manager last year and got relegated, so did we, so did Norwich the season before etc. Chin up folks - this will make no difference to Argyle's rise up the table. :)

G

Green Goblin

The Doctor":387jdghh said:
PL2 3DQ":387jdghh said:

The new manager effect didn't exactly do wonders for Argyle the last couple of times we tried it mid-season (Sturrock #2 and Mariner). I think it's a myth. There are just as many instances of clubs continuing to be rubbish when a new manager takes over part-way through a season as clubs reviving. Sheffield Wednesday sacked their manager last year and got relegated, so did we, so did Norwich the season before etc. Chin up folks - this will make no difference to Argyle's rise up the table. :)

The right manager can mean big improvements. Look at Roy Hodgson at WBA. On Monday, he chose the team he thought would be most suitable to play against Stoke. A tactical approach that Di Matteo never made use of.

It is of course not certain that it is a success but a new manager with a new way of thinking is the right way to choose if a change is required.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
PL2 3DQ":1256gkg1 said:

Sorry mate i dont agree ......... there are examples of clubs doing worst with a new boss ............ Sheff utd anyone

G

Green Goblin

A local hero who has been a Blades supporter since childhood. Too much sentimentality at the appointment, perhaps?

The problem for Swindon, of course, they do not have the money required to appoint someone of Sam Allardyce's caliber that could bring order to the situation. Paul Hart may be willing to accept the challenge?

M

MylesPAFC

New manager doesn't mean automatic wins, there squad is just as bad as ours.