we can but dream | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

we can but dream

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I like the idea about customising parts for the away team. Nice little touch that, would definitely persuade me to go if I had the means (money, accommodation... a team in the same division)

C

charlee

WOW What a wonderful stadium, certainly fit for a Preimership Team let alone Brighton. I doubt argyle will ever have a stadium like that ever!. It Makes Home Park look like a dump haha

Jul 29, 2010
:(

I left the computer for a few seconds and looked in the mirror, I have actually turned green.

Envioius of so much.
Envious of the ground yes.
Envious they'll be going into it WITH a great winning team.
Envious of their CEO, a clearly passionate football man, THINKING about fans, THINKING about the finer touches.

But above all envious of the feeling they've got in their guts right now, the anticipation, the cork about to come of the bottle. For them it's like the 2002 championship was for us, new ground, great team, promotion, championship........only better. This has been a near 20 year wait, it's a brilliant new stadium as opposed to a 3/4 make-over and it's all coming together at the same time as a great team.

Maybe it's the juxtaposition with our lot right now that makes it so much worse than it would do otherwise but I genuinely felt a small waive of nausea watching that, I felt sick with envy. I have a lot of Albion friends and living up here for so long the banter has always been keen, I can't help but wish them well, but above all I oh so totally wish that was us. How must that feel right now compared to what we are feeling?.

G

Green Goblin

Brighton deserve it after 14 years of waiting. They have Tony Bloom - we have no one like him. They also have nice supporters. I wish them every success.

Z

ZZZZtobythegreen

Our stadium looks like a dump compared to that!

3/4 Completed, extremley dull, no thoughts about fans and no atmosphere :banghead:

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
Good Luck to them, they deserve it after the sh*thole that was the Withdean.

Still cant help watch with sadness though, that after so many false dawns with Tradium, Phase 1, Phase 2 and 5 year plans, that this should have been us. The planning and thinking of what constitues a stadium and a match day experience is light years ahead of what you would find at Home Park.

One day.....

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Look at my sig and say that it's a dump. Bollox. Seeing us play at places like Macclesfield, Barnet, Accrington and Crawley will be an eye-opener for people who jumped on the bandwagon when we won the title in 2002.

I'm very happy for Brighton. They lost their home, had to share with other clubs and came close to going bust before having to play at the God-forsaken hole known as the Withdean Stadium. They now have a home they can be proud of and look like returning to the second division as champions. We know how that feels, so good luck to them.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
Argyle_4_Life":229hlevi said:
Look at my sig and say that it's a dump. Bollox. Seeing us play at places like Macclesfield, Barnet, Accrington and Crawley will be an eye-opener for people who jumped on the bandwagon when we won the title in 2002.

I'm very happy for Brighton. They lost their home, had to share with other clubs and came close to going bust before having to play at the God-forsaken hole known as the Withdean Stadium. They now have a home they can be proud of and look like returning to the second division as champions. We know how that feels, so good luck to them.

Agreed, Home Park (3 sides of it) are not a dump, but the ground is half finished and was done on a budget. The surrounding areas, including the Car Park leave alot to be desired. My point was that we still could have had this, but we dont...

But agreed, having been to some shocking grounds, its going to be a real eye opener for some next season...

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
P.L.I.H":1xesn3xs said:
Agreed, Home Park (3 sides of it) are not a dump, but the ground is half finished and was done on a budget. The surrounding areas, including the Car Park leave alot to be desired. My point was that we still could have had this, but we dont...

I don't deny that. We didn't have an extremely rich chairman who could fund a complete rebuild with all the trimmings so we had to get the best value for money. The only thing I'd change about Phase 1 is to make the concourses bigger (customer comfort and all that jazz). The ones at Falmer look massive. We could still have what they do, if the people interested in us have the vision and determination, along with the council. I'd love to think that in eight years time we will be in safe hands with a new south stand as the focal point of the complex which includes an arena and hotel built in next to the Life Centre.

Football has changed so much in the last ten years. Even Chesterfield have a clean and tidy stadium now!