Paul Ince

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I see that Notts County have sacked Paul Ince. I hope that they keep their noses East of Exishitter. :stout:

Feb 29, 2008
mikey":3nn84970 said:
I see that Notts County have sacked Paul Ince. I hope that they keep their noses East of Exishitter. :stout:

I dunno, Tisdale is quite good I hear.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
argyleiggy":1k20klyb said:
mikey":1k20klyb said:

I dunno, Tisdale is quite good I hear.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

R

Rupert

After County beat Argyle (convincingly) in October, they were 13th in the league and looking good to go higher. Then they dumped Craig Short, a popular manager. Really bright move, appointing Ince, wasn't it?

Scary to think that Ince might have got the Argyle job if Reid had turned it down. I wonder how Ince would have coped with what Reid has to deal with? Would he still be here, spending his savings for the benefit of his colleagues and giving up a medal for the club? Answers on a postcard to the Nottingham Job Centre...

:roll:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Rupert":3fq1przx said:
After County beat Argyle (convincingly) in October, they were 13th in the league and looking good to go higher. Then they dumped Craig Short, a popular manager. Really bright move, appointing Ince, wasn't it?

Scary to think that Ince might have got the Argyle job if Reid had turned it down. I wonder how Ince would have coped with what Reid has to deal with? Would he still be here, spending his savings for the benefit of his colleagues and giving up a medal for the club? Answers on a postcard to the Nottingham Job Centre...

Just proves what a number one ACE Peter Reid is. The previous board at least got that right. :mrgreen: :stout:

A

Ade

mikey":3stja5x3 said:
Rupert":3stja5x3 said:

Just proves what a number one ACE Peter Reid is. The previous board at least got that right. :mrgreen: :stout:

True, more luck than judgement though :)

As for Ince, think it would be a brave club to take him on, hasnt exactly set the world on fire, maybe another Roy Keane in the making?

B

Big Dave

BBC Radio5 Live did a programme last week about Black managers and the lack of them in the football league..Apparently there was only 2, now make that 1...A shameful statistic there has got to be an agenda out there?

Mar 7, 2009
Big Dave":2cpf7jno said:
BBC Radio5 Live did a programme last week about Black managers and the lack of them in the football league..Apparently there was only 2, now make that 1...A shameful statistic there has got to be an agenda out there?

No agenda..

There are just very few successful black managers, that's all there is to it.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Not a big fan of the lad himself, but at least Paul Ince has proved himself in the lower leagues... unlike many, many better paid managers and indeed former teammates higher up the leagues.

C

charlee

WOW there had like 5 games in hand few weeks back nbow they are sitting 3 points above the drop.

The past 5 Mangers at Notts County have lasted no longer then 5 months..... oh dear!

G

Gareth Nicholson

pilgrim_pete":1fb50a2h said:
Big Dave":1fb50a2h said:

No agenda..

It takes a lot to make a moronic comment stand out on Pasoti, so congratulations for that one.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
pilgrim_pete":2d0he7pp said:
Big Dave":2d0he7pp said:

No agenda..

You honestly believe that?

Various brilliant black footballers have come out and said that they have found managerial opportunities limited. Look at John Barnes for instance, it took him 8 years after leaving Celtic to find another position. Black players leaving the game after a career as a footballer struggle to get a chance to be a manager. Yet people like Gary Megson and Roy Keane continue to be appalling in the many jobs they get handed to them on a plate. The reason there are so few successful black managers is because hardly any black people in football get the chance to try.

G

Green Goblin

Paul Ince was a fantastic player. I see no fault in him as manager as many others seem to do. His spell at Blackburn was obviously too early for him and not his own fault.

Notts County have themselves to blame when they sacked Short. They had stayed up with Ince.

If Ince had come to us, nobody knows what would have happened. I do not think we had been in a worse position but it's just pure speculation on my part.

G

Greenskin

Gareth Nicholson":qm90x8sy said:
pilgrim_pete":qm90x8sy said:
Big Dave":qm90x8sy said:

No agenda..

It takes a lot to make a moronic comment stand out on Pasoti, so congratulations for that one.

Why? He's only stating a fact.He's not going into detailed analysis about why there aren't many successful black managers or saying that black people don't make good managers.Can you come up with any evidence to contradict his statement that there are very few successful black managers? Darned if i can.

Mar 7, 2009
Greenskin":2w49njkq said:
Gareth Nicholson":2w49njkq said:
pilgrim_pete":2w49njkq said:
No agenda..

Why? He's only stating a fact.He's not going into detailed analysis about why there aren't many successful black managers or saying that black people don't make good managers.Can you come up with any evidence to contradict his statement that there are very few successful black managers? Darned if i can.

Such sense from an ArgyleTalk user Greenskin :shock: :)

Four managers come to mind. John Barnes - Sacked by Tranmere before half a season.
Paul Ince - Sacked three times in his short career so far.
Keith Alexander - RIP :( Hardly set the world alight before his sad passing.
Chris Powell - Has won 1 of his last 12 matches - Can't judge on prior managerial positions.

I'm by no means saying that black people make bad managers, but the stats show my argument in a more favourable light than yours.

I think every manager in the FL has been given his job on merit, and no other reason.