Alan (Lord) Sugar does football BB2. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Alan (Lord) Sugar does football BB2.

A

Anonymous

SCH":3fj5bldo said:
Not sure where to put this but Lord Sugar looks at the business side of football at 9pm tonight, Sunday.
oh god the angry teddybear

Apr 21, 2005
Plympton
We got a mention at the end for being the 54th club to go into admin!. He made some good points but until a big club or two go to the wall nothing will change.

Sep 13, 2003
Surprisingly informative and very good programme by Lord Sugar and the Beeb. The agent they chose to interview really didn't change the majority opinion (and Sugar's) that they are nothing but a bunch of greedy parasites.

Argyle being mentioned on a show about the debts of the Premier League to sombe piano music really brought it home how bad it really is for us :cry:

A

Argyle1886

When they mentioned Plymouth Argyle that brought tears to my eyes :cry:

Alan Sugar has a very valid point. I don't want 'us' fans to have ever have go through what we've experienced this season again.. nor do I want to see any other clubs have to face what we've had too... :cry:

Argyle1886":29icm5pq said:
When they mentioned Plymouth Argyle that brought tears to my eyes :cry:

Alan Sugar has a very valid point. I don't want 'us' fans to have ever have go through what we've experienced this season again.. nor do I want to see any other clubs have to face what we've had too... :cry:

Unfortunately, whilever tossers in suits (sorry, Businessmen! :roll: ) on ego trips think that they can run a football club because they can run a mobile phone or computer or car sales business, and come into the game knowing f**K all and caring less,.... this sort of thing will keep on happening.

The old time football Directors might not have known a huge amount about the running of the team (absolutely nothing, according to Len Shackleton) but what they were... was fans! They genuinely cared about their club, and ultimately strove to do what was best for the club.

Today's "Suits" are Businessmen first and foremost, and the football club is just another commodity to make money out of. (Except; as is typical in this country; they're British Management types, and so very often they really aren't very good at the making money side, either!. :roll: )

A football club needs to have people on the Board who actually care about it, and feel a responsibility for it's future. To hell with short-term fly- by-night profiteers!

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Lots of good stuff there and as he says until a big club goes under completely no-one will sit up and take notice.

Karen Brady suggests there should be less clubs as 92 professional clubs are too many. Surely clubs that are massively in debt should go then (like West Ham) rather than get rid of clubs like Tranmere and Exeter who do live within their means and manage to run successful businesses. Should Burton be kicked out as well then?