Ring any bells? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ring any bells?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
A Rushden & Diamonds fans' group say their efforts to save the club have been hampered by a lack of information.

At a meeting on Thursday Rushden & Diamonds Trust members decided they would continue to fundraise for the cash-strapped club.

But in a statement they said: "Further debate was hampered by the ongoing lack of a confirmed and clear picture of the financial situation at the club."

So far nobody from the Diamonds has been available to comment.

The trust says it wants a detailed overview of the club's finances so they can assess the magnitude of their plight.

The Blue Square Bet Premier outfit were docked five points and received a suspended fine of £2,000 from the Football Conference in May, after being found guilty of submitting inaccurate financial reports.

The club is also due in Northampton County Court on 13 June to face a winding-up petition put forward by Cloverdale Catering, who claim they are owed money.

Diamonds have issued a number of statements recently, encouraging supporters to buy season tickets early to help with the club's cash flow.

The trust said it would meet again after the hearing and the Football Conference's Annual General Meeting on 11 and 12 June.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I hope they get saved, whether it's by their Trust or a knight in shining armour. I bet their debts aren't anything near our £17m though. Good luck to them.

Feb 23, 2008
Strange to see the phrase 'winding up petition' without HMRC on the end of it.

Bit harsh by the catering company isn't it?!

A

agentgreen

chunkymonkey78":dc0x3lzo said:
Strange to see the phrase 'winding up petition' without HMRC on the end of it.

Bit harsh by the catering company isn't it?!

Bit harsh? :twisted:
The catering company is owed money and probably tried all other avenues to get it before going to court. Dont forget they probably have suppliers they have to pay and staff that need wages. Another football club living beyond their means with the idea they can just go on owing firms/suppliers money .
Football clubs need to wake up and realise the world we are living in at the moment where credit is not king anymore and everybody is struggling.

Feb 23, 2008
when you put it like that i agree.

had only really thought about the loss of jobs both playing and non playing, loss of a club to the community etc.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
chunkymonkey78":thrkl3vn said:
when you put it like that i agree.

had only really thought about the loss of jobs both playing and non playing, loss of a club to the community etc.

What community Plympton is bigger than Irthlingborough !!!!

Feb 23, 2008
I see your point, but it's a bit like Man U, Arsenal, whoever fans looking down on us saying 'so what, it's only a small club from a tin pot city.'