Fantastic day at Old Trafford as a neutral | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fantastic day at Old Trafford as a neutral

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
just arrived home in Plymouth from a fantastic day at the play off final.
For starters, I have never been to Old Trafford and I was very impressed with what I saw both outside and inside, in my opinion, the best stadium in the country. We sat in a fairly neutral area ready to enjoy a good game of football and it was ok.
We did not keep who we support a secret and the Torquay fans seemed to appreciate our support even though we were slightly bias toward Stevenage, the reason I purchased a red and white scarf
Stevenage Borough fans are such as asset to their club and the football league, stunning support from the less populated side of Old Trafford and they kept the ground ringing with exitment, I dont think they stopped singing for the entire match. At Half time I purchased a stevenage scarf and supported them through the second half.
Bad luck Torquay, gave it a good go but a lack of clinical finishing let you down.
Venue: 10/10, much better than wembley, simply amazing.
Match: 6/10,. not the exiting one I expected but not bad.
Stevenage fans: 10/10, top notch, superb
Torquay: 7/10, loud when in voice but not that often.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Cobi - I always thought that you made your Dad proud, but please, buying a red and white scarf - hang your head in shame. :mrgreen:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wozzer Bowden":13fyjnv8 said:
Why did you support Stevenage?

Because I look forward to visiting plainmoor in the league. And also, enjoyed chatting to them outside etc.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Damon.Lenszner":d42976jh said:
Cobi - I always thought that you made your Dad proud, but please, buying a red and white scarf - hang your head in shame. :mrgreen:

I realise now it sounded a tad bad :oops: :lol:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Phenom":2yfzashc said:
pity the game was awful for your troubles.

It was'nt great on the pitch no but the atmosphere was good. The amount of hoofball made me worry for next season :(

Jul 24, 2009
Good to hear it was a good day, I watched it on TV and have to say the Stevenage fans' singing was pretty impressive. As has been mentioned on another thread the attendance was SHOCKING, it looked like nothing but empty seats.

Cant agree on the Old Trafford better than Wembley remark... I thought Old Trafford when I went for an England game pretty disappointing, its big but not as impressive IMHO as Wembley or the Millenium Stadium and not got the same character or atmosphere as somewhere like Anfield.

Still well done to Stevenage - it was a cracking winner and at least we get a devon derby next season. If Buckle does leave I can't see Torquay doing as well next year.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
third earl of jean":352ivlmp said:
Good to hear it was a good day, I watched it on TV and have to say the Stevenage fans' singing was pretty impressive. As has been mentioned on another thread the attendance was SHOCKING, it looked like nothing but empty seats.

Cant agree on the Old Trafford better than Wembley remark... I thought Old Trafford when I went for an England game pretty disappointing, its big but not as impressive IMHO as Wembley or the Millenium Stadium and not got the same character or atmosphere as somewhere like Anfield.

Still well done to Stevenage - it was a cracking winner and at least we get a devon derby next season. If Buckle does leave I can't see Torquay doing as well next year.

Wembley, millenium, emirates stadiums are impressive stadiums but Old Trafford does have a real character and the noise carries well as proved today when 11 000 people lit up a near 70 000 seater stadium. Its bold, its striking and its loud, not to mention the fantastic staff and the good councourses.
I cant see Buckle staying, to me it looked a "send off" sort of thing at the end.

C

Colin_Harris

Less than 11,500 attendance. We'll get more than that for some home games next season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Colin_Harris":1yn1kl2p said:
Less than 11,500 attendance. We'll get more than that for some home games next season.

I heavily doubt mid table football in L2 at Home Park will attract anything above 10 500

M

MylesPAFC

Cobi Budge":3baw6i8i said:
Colin_Harris":3baw6i8i said:

I heavily doubt mid table football in L2 at Home Park will attract anything above 10 500

Think some games like Torquay, will attract around 11,000+, all dependent on where we are in the league though.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Let's be clear. We need to go into next season with maximum support so that the revenue is there for players. We need to do this because if we don't, we risk getting stuck in L2. We need to make the most of Ridsdale and Reid while they are here - their contacts and their 'big name' status. I think we have one shot to get out of L2 and back on track. We simply can't afford to miss it. So all those people bemoaning L2, make sure you do your bit to get us out, pronto.
As for Stevenage, the lad who scored is my best friend from school's son, I've known him since he was a baby and he's a fantastic kid - hard working, polite, intelligent and just a pleasure to be around. He'd like to go into management one day and I think he'll be a name for the future.
COYG!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Cobi Budge":2vyrgbto said:
Damon.Lenszner":2vyrgbto said:

I realise now it sounded a tad bad :oops: :lol:
Not just a tad.
It's very very bad Cobi.
You should have just remained 'neutral' and enjoyed the day out.
Never mind, Plainmoor next season it is. Boxing day sorted out then :wink: