Blackburn Rovers (Keen Out protests) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackburn Rovers (Keen Out protests)

Sep 13, 2003
Can anyone with any knowledge please tell me why the Blackburn fans are protesting with such venom against Steve Keen?

Do they honestly think anyone else can do any better with that board in place? Is this just a case of a Premiership team who have long overstayed their welcome in the Premier League who honestly think they should be pushing for European places? I'm totally bemused :think:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Since 1994 to my knowledge they've been a mid bottom table team with a maybe one or two 8th or 9th place finishes but got relegated once at the end of last century. But I wouldn't say they've overstayed their welcome, look at Wigan and West Ham (before they went down). Last year was the first time they were seriously threatened with relegation being a reality. I would compare them to Man City before they got taken over, so all Blackburn need is Billionaires, which they don't have :lol:

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
When Venky's took over they sacked Sam Allardyce on the basis that his style of football was poor and they wanted a better brand of football promoting Kean from the coaching staff as the guy who was going to produce it. They also promised investment in the team. While there has been some investment it hasn't been anyone high profile and of course they sold Phil Jones to Man U for megabucks. In all fairness they would have had problems in holding Jones bearing in mind what was being dangled in front of him. Obviously their position in the league makes it difficult to attract the good players needed to get them out of the situation they are in.

Kean as manager cops the flak for all there problems but it is fair to say that there is a large group amongst the supporters who whilst not happy with Kean's performance feel that booing and demonstrating isn't exactly helping the situation.

Nov 8, 2010
Kean was an odd appointment. They sacked Allardyce, stating they "wanted a manager to guide them into the Champions League", and appointed his understudy with no managerial experience. He's their Mick Jones.

They have approached big name players, but naturally they don't want to go there. Like Wigan when they first got promoted and tried to sign Owen - having the money is only half the battle, money doesn't buy reputation.

Anyway, I feel for Kean a bit. He isn't quite up to the job, but Blackburn have played decent football this season and always seem unlucky. And credit to a Premiership team for sticking by a manager, I guess. If only they stuck by Big Sam, though.

May 8, 2011
Fergy.":3oxm2sy7 said:
Last year was the first time they were seriously threatened with relegation being a reality.

I swear west ham stayed up on the last day a couple of seasons ago? Surely thats being seriousley threatened?

Steve Kean's in the job because he's a Yes Man. Sam Alladyce wouldn't have sanctioned the sale of Phil Jones, I'm sure. Blackburn fans can protest but if Kean goes, they'll get someone else in who wouldn't say boo to a goose. The Venkys seem to be another in the group of investors who want to own a football club for kudos rather than for the sake of sport.

M

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Don't think Allardyce would have had much say in it and don't think he would have denied Jones from taking such an opportunirty at the end of the day. The strange thing to me is why would they sack Allardyce in the first place unless something happened we don't know about and why on earth would they promote his coach with no experience of big time management. It seemed bizarre at the time and still does and it is more than likely that Allardyce will be managin back in the Premiership with West Ham next season while Blackburn will probably go the other way. They also saw the departure of a very good and respected chairman in John Williams I think he was called. Just what do Indian chicken producers know about the English Premier league or football in general?

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
jerryatricjanner":1zz37661 said:
Don't think Allardyce would have had much say in it and don't think he would have denied Jones from taking such an opportunirty at the end of the day. The strange thing to me is why would they sack Allardyce in the first place unless something happened we don't know about and why on earth would they promote his coach with no experience of big time management. It seemed bizarre at the time and still does and it is more than likely that Allardyce will be managin back in the Premiership with West Ham next season while Blackburn will probably go the other way. They also saw the departure of a very good and respected chairman in John Williams I think he was called. Just what do Indian chicken producers know about the English Premier league or football in general?

Probably as much as the seven turkeys knew about how to run a football club in a fit and proper manner.

M

Mr Smith

Big Sam got the sack as the first game Venky's brought all there firends/business partners to was the game they got smashed by man u. They sacked him out of embaressment...

Apparently, Keen got the job as his agent is the same guy that advised Venky's on the purchase...

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Chris":1obdfees said:
I wouldn't say that. I don't think they've ever been below the second level.

I know they have because they pipped us to the Third Division championship by a point in 1974-75. Call yourself a fan. :whistle:

If Kean was our manager I'm not sure how confident I would feel but their fans need to be realistic. Appointing someone like Ancelotti or O'Neill and finishing in the top six isn't going to happen. A couple of wins and they'll be in the top ten. Same goes for Arsenal - be grateful for what you have.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Mr Smith":1yk7oph1 said:
Big Sam got the sack as the first game Venky's brought all there firends/business partners to was the game they got smashed by man u. They sacked him out of embaressment...

Apparently, Keen got the job as his agent is the same guy that advised Venky's on the purchase...

Yup a guy called Jerome Anderson. Coincidently Rovers' first signing under Venky's was one Myles Anderson, a 21 year old signed from Aberdeen having only made one senior appearance. :whistle: