Man Utd Youth | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Man Utd Youth

N

NorfolkGreen

You have to hand it to Fergie, people say about Arsenals youth, but has any other Manager rebuilt so many sides so well? He could put out this team and challenge in most competitions and the average age is only 22!

De Gea

Da Silva
Jones
Stalling
Da Silva

Young
Cleverley
Nani

Hernandez
Rooney
Wellbeck

A

Andy_Lannie

Authenticate. I like that word.
Preposterous. I like that word as well.

B

bugbug93

never seen such an attacking team! :lol:

Fergie does seem to have a knack of moulding team after team whilst always being there or there abouts in the league every season. Complete opposite of Arsenal and as seen this season, Chelsea who seem to have to wait few seasons until they challenge for the league again. United always seem to perform a quiet transition season to season (This season may be slightly different but I think this is mainly down to injuries)

Jun 16, 2006
Fair play to SAF that he is prepared to invest in and trust young players, but the title of thread is a bit misleading as on two of that team have come through their youth system.

Mar 2, 2008
No, it shows he doesn't mind buying younger players. As above post says, only two of them came through the youth system.

As for 'youth', Rooney is 27 this year and Nani is 26 this year. Not really what I would class as youth.

N

NorfolkGreen

Stuart_C":12tow3mh said:
Fair play to SAF that he is prepared to invest in and trust young players, but the title of thread is a bit misleading as on two of that team have come through their youth system.

Most of them are 21 and average age is 22, to someone my age that's almost foetal, so it stays as youth.

M

Marcus The Green

Cornish Chris":dbcrjwxu said:
How many millions did that squad cost? I can't be bothered to add it up but I can't imagine there'd be much change from £100m.

Anyway, who was the last Manchester United youth graduate to establish himself in the England team? I don't think there's been anybody since the Beckham/Neville/Scholes era, and that's not far off 20 years now.

I'd say Danny Welbeck would qualify.

N

NorfolkGreen

Cornish Chris":530gjhjq said:
How many millions did that squad cost? I can't be bothered to add it up but I can't imagine there'd be much change from £100m.

Anyway, who was the last Manchester United youth graduate to establish himself in the England team? I don't think there's been anybody since the Beckham/Neville/Scholes era, and that's not far off 20 years now.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be very good youth systems for England players at the top clubs anymore, I think cost is an irrelevance, if Utd, Chelsea, City etc can afford it so what, it is still a fantastic young team and shows Fergie's ability to regenerate is better than anyone else.