Gary Megson sacked by Wednesday | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gary Megson sacked by Wednesday

Aug 22, 2006
Joke.
In fact I'd say it's more of a joke than Clark getting sacked. Why? Well surely you cannot build a team in 13 months. A Work in progress. His record has been very good whilst not spending a great deal of cash. He is well liked by the fans. Joke, unless there's more to it than meets the eye.

M

Marcus The Green

You have to remember who the owner of Sheffield Wednesday is. Maybe the decision doesn't make much more sense.....but you end up going....."Oh yeah, HE's in charge there". Mandaric's track record for being normal isn't really that good is it??

Sep 19, 2011
Penzance
There must be something more to this story than what we're being told. Can't see how any manager can be sacked while their team is in 3rd spot and has just won the biggest derby of the season :think:
Probably something to do with Mandaric I expect...

C

Cult Of Personality

The sooner the likes of Mandaric leave football the better in my mind

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Vert Armée":2scy91bs said:
Wednesday fans are seething!!
If they are seething then Milan has got off lightly so far!!!
Worse to come I fear from the fans.

ABSOLUTE JOKE - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ????? The people running football FA/FL/Owners are a bunch of mindless idiots who need a massive ''kick out'' How the hell can you form a team in 13 months.

I really really hope that the Wed fans boycott the next home game or 6 AND (this won't happen) any managers approached say no thanks !!!!

B

bathpilgrim

khennes_904":1em51q5b said:
Keepitgreen":1em51q5b said:
Unbelievable. He's been sacked while they lie in 3rd place in the table.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

Just the sort of manager we need to get us out of this mess.... :whistle:

Are you being serious (I genuinely don't know what that emoticon means). If you are, then I am right behind you. He was a good player for us and could do a great job as manager down here.

B

bathpilgrim

tigertony":2k6mlzgy said:
Vert Armée":2k6mlzgy said:
Wednesday fans are seething!!
If they are seething then Milan has got off lightly so far!!!
Worse to come I fear from the fans.

ABSOLUTE JOKE - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ????? The people running football FA/FL/Owners are a bunch of mindless idiots who need a massive ''kick out'' How the hell can you form a team in 13 months.

I really really hope that the Wed fans boycott the next home game or 6 AND (this won't happen) any managers approached say no thanks !!!!

You make a really good point that I have thought for ages - there is no solidarity amongst managers. If every time a manager was unreasonably sacked the managers union got together and refused to work for that owner alot of this 'management merry go round' would stop. Alot of people had sympathy with Alan Pardew after WHU and Southampton but instead of making a stand he jumps into Hughton's 'dead mans shoes' straightaway.....look at Connor and Keane, they did the same to their old mates and collagues. No solidarity.

Regardless of the above point, I don't blame Mandaric or Megson for parting company at the drop of a hat because we all know that managers/owners seldom show any loyalty. If Megson was offered say the England job yesterday, do you think he would have said no based on his loyalty to Mandaric or Wednesday.