Page 10 of 10

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:00 17 Mar 2011
by Martin Thomas
oggyale wrote: Does anyone think that the club itself or BG are withholding information just in case it scuppers the ongoing talks?.


You didn't really think that everything is in the public domain did you? How quaint

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:03 17 Mar 2011
by tynanhitsthebarndoor
I for one would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff who have worked without pay since Christmas. If they hadn't agreed to do this and had all walked away in January than the club would already have gone out of business.

If we actually come out of this without being liquidated then we will owe them more gratitude than any of the teams I have seen on the pitch over the past 30 years.

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:06 17 Mar 2011
by Tim Chown
I assumed the different 'deal' for the players was due to the PFA being involved,not a preferential deal. After all, their wages must be many times that of the other staff.

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:07 17 Mar 2011
by Graham Clark
At his impromptu press conference at Home Park, this afternoon, Guilfoyle explained that under employment law fourteen days after the commencement of administration he, as the administrator, is legally obliged to take on the contracts of employment. He could not assume that liability as he has no funds to pay the wages. To assume that liability knowing that he had no ability to meet that obligation would be illegal. Hence, the very stark and unfortunate ultimatum - sign the document to defer your wages or you will have to leave.

The staff and players deserve our unreserved support for vowing to continue to work / play for the club in the face of such duress. Their loyalty and commitment in these most trying of circumstances knows no bounds.

As others have said it is not Guilfoyle's fault as he has to act within the law but our universal indignation and anger should be directed at the former Directors who collectively failed to meet their legal and financial obligations towards their employees.

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:12 17 Mar 2011
by Kevin Ball
Graham Clark wrote: At his impromptu press conference at Home Park, this afternoon, Guilfoyle explained that under employment law fourteen days after the commencement of administration he, as the administrator, is legally obliged to take on the contracts of employment. He could not assume that liability as he has no funds to pay the wages. To assume that liability knowing that he had no ability to meet that obligation would be illegal. Hence, the very stark and unfortunate ultimatum - sign the document to defer your wages or you will have to leave.

The staff and players deserve our unreserved support for vowing to continue to work / play for the club in the face of such duress. Their loyalty and commitment in these most trying of circumstances knows no bounds.

As others have said it is not Guilfoyle's fault as he has to act within the law but our universal indignation and anger should be directed at the former Directors who collectively failed to meet their legal and financial obligations towards their employees.


A bit like buying a new pitch and borrowing money from a charity I guess.

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:17 17 Mar 2011
by Leigh Rapson
penzancepirate wrote: 'Brenda' has decided in his infinite wisdom that some employees are to be treated differently than others.... that's wrong, plain and simple.
The disparity in treatment is all bound up in the golden share and football creditor rule issue that IS NOT ON THE STATUTE BOOK, it is nothing more than an internally agreed trade agrrement of the football industry. He could have suggested for instance that the very well off players defer their payments for another month to allow the other staff to be paid their comparatively paltry sum right up to the end of the season.. The reason he chose to do it this way is all bound up in the capital 'value' of players as opposed to ordinary staff ... it was a choice... he had a choice. He has decided the ordinary staff are expendable.


I'm glad i read that, its helped me feel sleepy. You're getting boring PP. I know i throw a fair amount of mickey taking at you but i actually find some of your posts to be top notch, you just need to learn that when you'vr lost you've lost. Give it up ffs.

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 23:25 17 Mar 2011
by oggyale
BALDY-OG wrote:
oggyale wrote: Does anyone think that the club itself or BG are withholding information just in case it scuppers the ongoing talks?.


You didn't really think that everything is in the public domain did you? How quaint


Yes,you are correct there,silly me...

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 01:46 18 Mar 2011
by P.L.I.H
mrrapson wrote: I'm glad i read that, its helped me feel sleepy. You're getting boring PP. I know i throw a fair amount of mickey taking at you but i actually find some of your posts to be top notch, you just need to learn that when you'vr lost you've lost. Give it up ffs.


I used to enjoy reading his posts, but now I have switched off from reading them. The guy hasnt got a positive word to say about anything or anyone related to Argyle, I dont see why he even bothers supporting.

Yes, it is tough times, but rant after rant, help's nothing in this situation....

Re: Sign this ultimatum or go (so some have).

Posted: 04:17 18 Mar 2011
by Thai green
Since my last post, about 4.30pm your time, 1130pm my time I've had a chance to sleep & this morning re-read the entire thread, a lot of emotion, quite rightly, very strong feelings & opinions & its quite obvious we ALL share in the sorrow that the hard working loyal staff were put into this terrible situation, a deadline, sign or not. I am very pleased I have never been put in this situation and I am so sorry for those involved.

However I was pleased to read some posts that allowed us an insight into the meetings that went on. Thank you Rupert & Graham Clark for letting us know the position Brendan was in legally & for informing us that a Regional Union officer & solicitors were present at these meetings. As I woke up this morning I wondered exactly what news would be on Pasoti regarding these sad events yesterday, its another day in the unfolding mess that 7 people have left the football club that I have supported since the early 1960's.

Its often said out here, 6000 miles away from Home Park, that in a crisis keep calm,( "jai yen yen" ) and wait for ALL the information to be available. So after my raised blood pressure last night, ( "jai rorne"), I am now aware of more facts, thanks to various posters, ( excluding 1 in particular who seems to want Argyle to be closed down by strikes & pickets causing a failure to fulfil fixtures thus reaping more severe penalties).

I do hope for some better news soon re' new owners to reward those loyal staff who are staying on in the jobs they obviously love doing. Thank you very much to those staff who have stayed & to those who have had to leave. Plymouth Argyle F.C. survives another day.......