Page 1 of 5

Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 06:31 28 May 2011
by Keepitgreen
Mr Heaney said he did not know who was behind the deal, but refused to rule out a future role for himself. "I never say never," he added. "If there's an opportunity to develop around the stadium we would love to be involved and love to help. I'm very happy at Truro – but anything I can do to help with advice to Plymouth Argyle I am willing to do. They are dear friends to us and I've got a great affiliation with them." He can obviously see that there's money to be made:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/He ... ticle.html

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 07:26 28 May 2011
by Charlie Wood
It kind of begs the question...how did he know who to talk to :?:

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 07:56 28 May 2011
by Leigh Rapson
Charlie Wood wrote: It kind of begs the question...how did he know who to talk to :?:


Not reallt, if you read the Herald it states he was approached by them.

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 08:04 28 May 2011
by Pogleswoody
mrrapson wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote: It kind of begs the question...how did he know who to talk to :?:


Not reallt, if you read the Herald it states he was approached by them.



how did he know that it was really them?? :? :oops:

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 08:26 28 May 2011
by oggyale
The plot thickens.

Perhaps he will leave Truro and be part of the new Board once the club is in the hands of the PBs/PR ??

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 08:50 28 May 2011
by Pete H
And he was spotted in Bodmin goolf club chatting to P.R.
pete

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 09:10 28 May 2011
by bandwagon
Nothing suprises me - there must be under the table deals going on as we speak!! As long as none of the 7 are involved, things can't get worst than they are!! One thing for certain, the only winged creatures that are circling HP are vultures - just about the 'level' of weaselness they are at!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 09:14 28 May 2011
by argyledj
that would be the logical reason why risdale is buying the club as heaney can't own two at the same time, with the 12 month option to buy it back it gives him time to find a buyer for truro and just maybe when brenda said he had met the man who he thought would buy argyle it was not mr brent but kevin heaney.

on a side note if he is involved would it be feasible to develop a shared training ground and academy i remember redaing truro wanted to build a new complex maybe it could be done jointly.

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 09:20 28 May 2011
by David_Fisher
argyledj wrote: that would be the logical reason why Ridsdale is buying the club as heaney can't own two at the same time, with the 12 month option to buy it back it gives him time to find a buyer for truro and just maybe when brenda said he had met the man who he thought would buy argyle it was not mr brent but kevin heaney.

on a side note if he is involved would it be feasible to develop a shared training ground and academy i remember redaing truro wanted to build a new complex maybe it could be done jointly.


Nightmare scenario - It's possible that PAFC and Truro could be in the same league for 2012-13 so what chance of a groundshare somewhere in the wilds of Cornwall???

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 09:23 28 May 2011
by bandwagon
argyledj wrote: that would be the logical reason why Ridsdale is buying the club as heaney can't own two at the same time, with the 12 month option to buy it back it gives him time to find a buyer for truro and just maybe when brenda said he had met the man who he thought would buy argyle it was not mr brent but kevin heaney.

on a side note if he is involved would it be feasible to develop a shared training ground and academy i remember redaing truro wanted to build a new complex maybe it could be done jointly.


All so clandestine - I thought admin was there to clense something dirty and all that seems to happen is it creates another sort of mayhem!!

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 09:30 28 May 2011
by bizzay1
is it possible that they are looking at ways of "merging " the 2 clubs, maybe truro city will be swallowed up by the new argyle, truro become our reserve team with their own stadium and regular games at a reasonable level and would allow Mr Heaney to be involved with 2 clubs
this would tie in with the 12 month buy back clause, I wonder if they are talking to the football powers about it. Is there any way the fa would allow it, truro to become part of argyle so to speak ?

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 09:55 28 May 2011
by pilgrimpaul
This all stinks... I hate being taken for a mug!

Re: Heaney holds talks with mystery Irish consortium

Posted: 10:02 28 May 2011
by SurreyGreen
bizzay1 wrote: is it possible that they are looking at ways of "merging " the 2 clubs, maybe truro city will be swallowed up by the new argyle, truro become our reserve team with their own stadium and regular games at a reasonable level and would allow Mr Heaney to be involved with 2 clubs
this would tie in with the 12 month buy back clause, I wonder if they are talking to the football powers about it. Is there any way the fa would allow it, truro to become part of argyle so to speak ?

no way would turos fans and players want that to happen, it wont.