Page 7 of 9

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 20:20 25 Jun 2011
by Marcus The Green
big-green wrote:
Marcus The Green wrote:
big-green wrote:


Could this be the reason why Ridsdale is taking the control of the club, a trick to keep The Football League happy on ownership, putting them off from looking deeper into the real ownership, Has he as stated they (Mr Heaney) could buy the club back in a year time for the same £1. Why?

What will Mr Ridsdale get out of this; He would be well rewarded by them and given a good position on the board.


The football league would ok Ridsdale being owner but reject the deal because they still wouldn't know who is giving him the money to run the club. He has also said, he won't sell the club back for £1.



He told us at the last meeting of the s/g it was in the contract. Is he lying again


From the Q&A with Ridsdale wrote: Marcus The Green: If you do become the owner.....can the 12 month buy back option be easily reneged on by the ""Irish""? Will there be consequences for them if the do renege?

There is no 12 month buy back option. There is a possibility that they may wish to have a buy back option. What I am not prepared to do, is to sell it back for £1 when we are in the Premier league.



Who know's if he is lying or if things have changed from one day to another.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 20:22 25 Jun 2011
by Tim Chown
big-green wrote:
Marcus The Green wrote:
big-green wrote: He has also said, he won't sell the club back for £1.


He told us at the last meeting of the s/g it was in the contract. Is he lying again


I thought the quote was Ridsdale wouldn't sell it back for £1 if we were in the Premier League.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 21:19 25 Jun 2011
by Neilio
:huddle:

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 22:13 25 Jun 2011
by loyal1970
Tavypilgrim wrote: Bringing Stapleton back could be a smart move by Heaney and Ridsdale. My theory behind this is twofold:

1. For some reason, some fans still actually like the guy, and would probably welcome him back.

2. Everyone else dislikes him so much that it may well deflect negative attention away from the two aforementioned gentlemen.


Either way it sucks for Argyle.

well if there are (fans) out there who still like stapleton they must be bloody idiots.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 23:35 25 Jun 2011
by bandwagon
loyal1970 wrote:
Tavypilgrim wrote: Bringing Stapleton back could be a smart move by Heaney and Ridsdale. My theory behind this is twofold:

1. For some reason, some fans still actually like the guy, and would probably welcome him back.

2. Everyone else dislikes him so much that it may well deflect negative attention away from the two aforementioned gentlemen.


Either way it sucks for Argyle.

well if there are (fans) out there who still like stapleton they must be bloody idiots.


I spit on the ground - the greedy architect!!

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 01:09 26 Jun 2011
by greenpig27
Marcus The Green wrote:
big-green wrote:
Drew_Savage wrote: The Football League aren't necessarily known for their intense scrutiny of this type of thing, but a couple of points spring to mind that will surely come up:
If Mr Ridsdale isn't providing the money for him to take over ownership the football club, who is?

If the answer to that is Bishop International, who according to the Herald are an offshore company whose shareholders and directors remain anonymous due to Gibraltarian law, then the only person who's known to be connected to them is the chairman of another football club who claims to be their 'adviser'.

Surely the League would want to find out at least the names of some other shareholders or directors of Bishop International, i.e. some fairly concrete evidence that Kevin Heaney is no more than an 'adviser' to the consortium?



Could this be the reason why Ridsdale is taking the control of the club, a trick to keep The Football League happy on ownership, putting them off from looking deeper into the real ownership, Has he as stated they (Mr Heaney) could buy the club back in a year time for the same £1. Why?

What will Mr Ridsdale get out of this; He would be well rewarded by them and given a good position on the board.


The football league would ok Ridsdale being owner but reject the deal because they still wouldn't know who is giving him the money to run the club. He has also said, he won't sell the club back for £1.


I think the crux of the matter is the ownership of the club. Once he is the owner I doubt if the FL actually give a flying lemming about who he borrows money off ?

So, in answer to Marcus, PR will be providing his own money to purchase the club. It's a QUID !!!

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 05:33 26 Jun 2011
by krisy006
I really love football.. I want to watch it live...

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 08:16 26 Jun 2011
by Marcus The Green
greenpig27 wrote:
Marcus The Green wrote:
The football league would ok Ridsdale being owner but reject the deal because they still wouldn't know who is giving him the money to run the club. He has also said, he won't sell the club back for £1.


I think the crux of the matter is the ownership of the club. Once he is the owner I doubt if the FL actually give a flying lemming about who he borrows money off ?

So, in answer to Marcus, PR will be providing his own money to purchase the club. It's a QUID !!!


That is where you are wrong. The football league will be fine with Ridsdale owning a football club BUT they will have what happened to Notts County fresh in the mind. There is no way that they are going to be happy with not knowing where the working capital is coming from to fund a Ridsdale owned Plymouth Argyle.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 08:23 26 Jun 2011
by oggyale
If the PB/S do sign the deal,then i believe PR will be given some sort money to carry the club through to the end of the season.

Of course PR will be seeking investment from elsewhere,as his trip to the States demonstrated.

If at the end of the 2011/2012 season we look no better,or have not seen any noticable improvement both on and off the pitch,then that is the time to air opinions.

The least we can do is give them all a chance,and support the team as always.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 08:29 26 Jun 2011
by bizzay1
oggyale wrote: If the PB/S do sign the deal,then i believe PR will be given some sort money to carry the club through to the end of the season.



That is correct, it has been stated that part of the sale agreement requires the PB to bankroll the club till the end of this season, the problem this brings is that "if" the PB just happens to have an affiliation with another club it would breach league rules.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 08:58 26 Jun 2011
by 62er
And the longer the process takes, the less the financial outlay.......

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 11:07 26 Jun 2011
by oggyale
bizzay1 wrote:
oggyale wrote: If the PB/S do sign the deal,then i believe PR will be given some sort money to carry the club through to the end of the season.



That is correct, it has been stated that part of the sale agreement requires the PB to bankroll the club till the end of this season, the problem this brings is that "if" the PB just happens to have an affiliation with another club it would breach league rules.



If you mean Truro City and Heaney,then i believe you should fear not.

I can see no reason why the PB/s would put monies into Truro City. I still believe Heaney will at some stage resign as Chairman of Truro City (and then sale the club),and join the Board at Argyle.

PR will no doubt seek and get the investment he feels the club needs.

Re: Herald re PBs

Posted: 11:50 26 Jun 2011
by bizzay1
oggyale wrote:
bizzay1 wrote:
oggyale wrote: If the PB/S do sign the deal,then i believe PR will be given some sort money to carry the club through to the end of the season.



That is correct, it has been stated that part of the sale agreement requires the PB to bankroll the club till the end of this season, the problem this brings is that "if" the PB just happens to have an affiliation with another club it would breach league rules.



If you mean Truro City and Heaney,then i believe you should fear not.

I can see no reason why the PB/s would put monies into Truro City. I still believe Heaney will at some stage resign as Chairman of Truro City (and then sale the club),and join the Board at Argyle.

PR will no doubt seek and get the investment he feels the club needs.



Nobody has mentioned the PB putting money in to Truro, but they have to bankroll Argyle for this season, and if the story in yesterdays herald is true Mr Heaney should have already resigned from Truro before one of his companies bid for Argyle, doing so "at some stage" is not an option now