Page 19 of 21

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 17:54 05 Jul 2011
by TCM
jimbo_the_green wrote:
marin(er) wrote: The only proven stitch up suffered by argyle in recent times was by the septic seven.
I'm sure that as we move forward you will all be ready to say those words....'told you'Well we will see in good time but for now you can not say that really


:?

So you 'are sure' that the bleak future scenario for the club that has been put to you is what is likely to happen yet you still support it?

I thought you were naive and hoping for the best but it seems you just simply enjoy the attention of being a vocal and persistent advocator of an increasingly minority opinion.
lets see the season ticket sales and the first gate of the season then we will see who is in the minority :lol: no contest
To hope is one thing. To support a scenario you expect to turn to turd due to the lack (in your blinkered version of awareness) of an alternative is mindless

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 17:59 05 Jul 2011
by TCM
X Isle wrote:
marin(er) wrote: Whatever smiffy...... You obviously also have your head in the sand. let me rephrase so that even you get it....
When someone can put a valid alternative on the table that is not based on hearsay, rumour, ifs buts or maybes then it will be acknowledged whole heartedly by me for sure


So let ME get this straight, you believe James Brent to be hearsay?, you believe James Brent to be a rumour?. You put so much store in the words that come from Brendan Guilfoyles mouth but even he said that if Heaney doesn't come good he'll have to revisit the other bidders who have remained involved.

As i've said before, NOTHING will convince you to open your mind, NOTHING will sway you from your hypnosis. You wouldn't recognise an alternative if it led a tap dancing troupe of 10,000 sequin encrusted showgirls singing "alternatives are here again".

Like I say, no-one can be that obtuse, my only possible theory is that you are Peter Ridsdale or Kevin Heaney, I claim my £10 prize :lol:.

and what do you think the first gate of the season will be mr x?can you answer that ? and then we can compare that to your tiny minority view,

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 18:07 05 Jul 2011
by marin(er)
jimbo_the_green wrote:
marin(er) wrote: The only proven stitch up suffered by argyle in recent times was by the septic seven.
I'm sure that as we move forward you will all be ready to say those words....'told you'Well we will see in good time but for now you can not say that really


:?

So you 'are sure' that the bleak future scenario for the club that has been put to you is what is likely to happen yet you still support it?

I thought you were naive and hoping for the best but it seems you just simply enjoy the attention of being a vocal and persistent advocator of an increasingly minority opinion.

To hope is one thing. To support a scenario you expect to turn to turd due to the lack (in your blinkered version of awareness) of an alternative is mindless

but that what it actually says is it?! I'm sure you will be ready to say that at the slightest opportunity if you need it clarified to your level.....

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 18:08 05 Jul 2011
by dennis the menace
totnes comie mike wrote:
X Isle wrote:
marin(er) wrote: Whatever smiffy...... You obviously also have your head in the sand. let me rephrase so that even you get it....
When someone can put a valid alternative on the table that is not based on hearsay, rumour, ifs buts or maybes then it will be acknowledged whole heartedly by me for sure


So let ME get this straight, you believe James Brent to be hearsay?, you believe James Brent to be a rumour?. You put so much store in the words that come from Brendan Guilfoyles mouth but even he said that if Heaney doesn't come good he'll have to revisit the other bidders who have remained involved.

As i've said before, NOTHING will convince you to open your mind, NOTHING will sway you from your hypnosis. You wouldn't recognise an alternative if it led a tap dancing troupe of 10,000 sequin encrusted showgirls singing "alternatives are here again".

Like I say, no-one can be that obtuse, my only possible theory is that you are Peter Ridsdale or Kevin Heaney, I claim my £10 prize :lol:.

and what do you think the first gate of the season will be mr x?can you answer that ? and then we can compare that to your tiny minority view,


Jeez Xisle calm down a bit! Many would like the calm non provocative face of Mr Brent to fly in and rescue us but we hear nothing from him.
At this 11th hour we, the fans, are powerless to do anything in the face of big business it seems, despite all your ranting about your fellow supporters.

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 18:13 05 Jul 2011
by grovehill
X Isle wrote:
jerryatricjanner wrote:
X Isle wrote: James Brent. I've said it at least 10-20 times now, at least half of them to you directly, no-one can be that obtuse Marin(er) so as I know you are trying to wind me up, I refuse to bite.

Peeps, this head in the sand attitude is what causes me to come back and explain the same things again and again, so when you get the nark that i'm "banging on" you need to bear in mind who is causing the repetition :wink:.


But Smiffy, all you have come up with is a name. Put some meat on the bones, what does he offer exactly and can he provide it?


OK, seeing as you asked nicely, as did Frank...........

He provides.........

1) Trust

2) Transperency

3) Integrity

4) Honesty

5) Unity

We know who he is and what he looks like (see 1,2,3&4).

He has stated quite publicly his position (see 2&4).

The reason for his interest was a noble one, a footballing one. He wants Argyle to survive as a football club so Plymouth and the South-West Peninsula had football league representation. Many misconstrued as 'reluctance' his back-stop position a) he was hoping for a sugar daddy when all we got was a dodgy uncle and b) a reluctant but noble and capable man beats an enthusiastic self interested and incapable one every day (see 3&5).

He is a noble individual as evidenced by the waiving of his Plymouth development fee. Doesn't do things just for personal gain (see 1&4).

He is Plymouth literate, by which I mean he already has the ties with PCC and local business that Heaney has so palpably failed to engage with (see 1&5).

He knows what the football creditors rule is :roll: (see 1).

He didn't seek to b*llsh*t us, he was clear we were to be run sell sufficiently (see 1&4).

Above all he has a proven through his track record in business ESPECIALLY in the salvage of businesses in administration (see 1&3).

He's never overseen the liquidation of one of his companies (see 1&3).

He isn't looking to develop the ground (see 1,2&5).

He intends to keep Home Park and Plymouth Argyle Football Club together. The myth that sprung up about there being a precondition of sale to PCC is just rubbish. When asked about selling HP to someone for profit he replied that the only people he'd consider selling to in the future was PCC. What was actually a reassuring statement about keeping all facets of the club united was spun into something it wasn't - a desire to sell to PCC. He was hugely maligned by that spin. (see 1&5).

He will pay off the debts, in full, in one go, not defer the debts onto the football club for future settlement (see 1&3).

I've tried to keep that focused on the positive but I can't escape the point that in all those points you must compare and contrast with the PB's we have today, you will find stark contrasts :wink:.

Can he deliver?. Yes he can. No-one comes with a guarentee, you have to weight up the likelyhood, the probability and with James Brent you need look no further than his business portfolio - a string of successful companies most salvaged from the scrap head........which is where we find ourselves.

He always represented the best alternative for the fans and most certainly for football as he kept everything together, all available options for future development would remain under him, a mutual benefit from those developments would also remain (not just a foreign ownership property cream off).

So there you have it, those were the qualities that first made me nail my colours to his mast, i've been entirely consistent in my support throughout as at no point have I saw anything better in the other alternatives. I understand why BG picked made the wrong choice (from fans and footballs perspective) but this time is now overdue to reverse that decision because Heaney can't deliver, he no longer represents "the best deal for creditors", James Brent does.





He sounds wonderful-SO WHY HASN'T HE PUT A BID IN. IF HE WANTED TO BE INVOLVED WHY DIDN'T HE PUT HIS HAND IN HIS POCKET

NO MONEY NO F***ING POINT!!

WHY DO SO MANY OF YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 18:31 05 Jul 2011
by TCM
ok well i understand your far to important to answer mr x,being a fine word smith and all that so ile answer for you, there will be about 8000 of us,where will that leave your minority :lol:

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 18:55 05 Jul 2011
by GreenMill
He sounds wonderful-SO WHY HASN'T HE PUT A BID IN. IF HE WANTED TO BE INVOLVED WHY DIDN'T HE PUT HIS HAND IN HIS POCKET

NO MONEY NO F***ING POINT!!

WHY DO SO MANY OF YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?[/quote]

He did put a bid in. That is why he is the 'under bidder' not the 'preferred bidder'.

I know we are all getting horribly heated and upset about the current situation but we must all keep the facts - as much as they are known - in mind at all times.

Brent put in a bid. That is a fact.

Buttivant put in a bid. That is also a fact.

The 'Heaney represented' consortium put in a bid. That is also a fact.

BG chose the bid which he thought offered more to the secured creditors and the administrators.

At no stage has BG said that any of the other bids are 'unviable' (that is a term that has been, it seems, attributed, to Ridsdale). He prefers the 'Heaney' bid that is why it is the Preferred Bid.

X-Isle has - as far as I am aware - stated correctly the gist of Brent's bid.

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 19:21 05 Jul 2011
by marin(er)
He provides.........

1) Trust.    Does he?

2) Transperency.   Does he?

3) Integrity.     Does he?

4) Honesty     Does he?

5) Unity    Does he?

We know who he is and what he looks like (see 1,2,3&4). 

He has stated quite publicly his position (see 2&4). 

The reason for his interest was a noble one, a footballing one. He wants Argyle to survive as a football club so Plymouth and the South-West Peninsula had football league representation. Many misconstrued as 'reluctance' his back-stop position a) he was hoping for a sugar daddy when all we got was a dodgy uncle and b) a reluctant but noble and capable man beats an enthusiastic self interested and incapable one every day (see 3&5). 

He is a noble individual as evidenced by the waiving of his Plymouth development fee. Doesn't do things just for personal gain (see 1&4). 

He is Plymouth literate, by which I mean he already has the ties with PCC and local business that Heaney has so palpably failed to engage with (see 1&5). 

He knows what the football creditors rule is  (see 1). 

He didn't seek to b*llsh*t us, he was clear we were to be run sell sufficiently (see 1&4). 

Above all he has a proven through his track record in business ESPECIALLY in the salvage of businesses in administration (see 1&3). 

He's never overseen the liquidation of one of his companies (see 1&3). 

He isn't looking to develop the ground (see 1,2&5). 

He intends to keep Home Park and Plymouth Argyle Football Club together. The myth that sprung up about there being a precondition of sale to PCC is just rubbish. When asked about selling HP to someone for profit he replied that the only people he'd consider selling to in the future was PCC. What was actually a reassuring statement about keeping all facets of the club united was spun into something it wasn't - a desire to sell to PCC. He was hugely maligned by that spin. (see 1&5). 

He will pay off the debts, in full, in one go, not defer the debts onto the football club for future settlement (see 1&3). 

AS YOU HAVE BASED ABOVE ON 1 2 3 4 5 AND THEY ARE ALL SPECULATION THAT TAKES CARE OF ABOVE POINTS.

I've tried to keep that focused on the positive but I can't escape the point that in all those points you must compare and contrast with the PB's we have today, you will find stark contrasts .  ACCORDING TO YOU AND HEARSAY, RUMOUR, IFS, BUTS and MAYBES

Can he deliver?. Yes he can. No-one comes with a guarentee, you have to weight up the likelyhood, the probability and with James Brent you need look no further than his business portfolio - a string of successful companies most salvaged from the scrap head........which is where we find ourselves. 
SALVAGED FROM THE SCRAP HEAP BY MAKING CUTS, REDUNDANCIES and ASSET STRIPPING and DELIVERY IS ONLY COMPLETE WHEN THE GOODS ARE DELIVERED. HE IS VERY QUIET?

He always represented the best alternative for the fans and most certainly for football as he kept everything together, all available options for future development would remain under him, a mutual benefit from those developments would also remain (not just a foreign ownership property cream off). 

THERE IS NOTHING LEFT SMIFFY???NOTHING LEFT TO KEEP TOGETHER.

So there you have it, those were the qualities that first made me nail my colours to his mast, i've been entirely consistent in my support throughout as at no point have I saw anything better in the other alternatives. I understand why BG picked made the wrong choice (from fans and footballs perspective) but this time is now overdue to reverse that decision because Heaney can't deliver, he no longer represents "the best deal for creditors", James Brent does.

FOR THE RECORD I OFFER 8 MILLION FOR THE CLUB, WILL DONATE THE GROUND BACK TO THE CITY, WILL SIGN 30PREMIERSHIP FIRST TEAM STARS AND LET EVERYONE IN FREE TO WATCH THE GAMES??? I WILL ALSO ONLY LOOK TO BENEFIT THE WHOLE COMMUNITY AND PUT 4 MILLION A YEAR INTO COMMUNITY PROJECTS........NOT. WORDS ARE EASY THOUGH. ONLY SEE ACTIONS FROM ONE BIDDER THOUGH????

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 19:41 05 Jul 2011
by Andy_Blackett
marin(er) wrote: He provides.........

1) Trust.    Does he?

2) Transperency.   Does he?

3) Integrity.     Does he?

4) Honesty     Does he?

5) Unity    Does he?

We know who he is and what he looks like (see 1,2,3&4). 

He has stated quite publicly his position (see 2&4). 

The reason for his interest was a noble one, a footballing one. He wants Argyle to survive as a football club so Plymouth and the South-West Peninsula had football league representation. Many misconstrued as 'reluctance' his back-stop position a) he was hoping for a sugar daddy when all we got was a dodgy uncle and b) a reluctant but noble and capable man beats an enthusiastic self interested and incapable one every day (see 3&5). 

He is a noble individual as evidenced by the waiving of his Plymouth development fee. Doesn't do things just for personal gain (see 1&4). 

He is Plymouth literate, by which I mean he already has the ties with PCC and local business that Heaney has so palpably failed to engage with (see 1&5). 

He knows what the football creditors rule is  (see 1). 

He didn't seek to b*llsh*t us, he was clear we were to be run sell sufficiently (see 1&4). 

Above all he has a proven through his track record in business ESPECIALLY in the salvage of businesses in administration (see 1&3). 

He's never overseen the liquidation of one of his companies (see 1&3). 

He isn't looking to develop the ground (see 1,2&5). 

He intends to keep Home Park and Plymouth Argyle Football Club together. The myth that sprung up about there being a precondition of sale to PCC is just rubbish. When asked about selling HP to someone for profit he replied that the only people he'd consider selling to in the future was PCC. What was actually a reassuring statement about keeping all facets of the club united was spun into something it wasn't - a desire to sell to PCC. He was hugely maligned by that spin. (see 1&5). 

He will pay off the debts, in full, in one go, not defer the debts onto the football club for future settlement (see 1&3). 

AS YOU HAVE BASED ABOVE ON 1 2 3 4 5 AND THEY ARE ALL SPECULATION THAT TAKES CARE OF ABOVE POINTS.

I've tried to keep that focused on the positive but I can't escape the point that in all those points you must compare and contrast with the PB's we have today, you will find stark contrasts .  ACCORDING TO YOU AND HEARSAY, RUMOUR, IFS, BUTS and MAYBES

Can he deliver?. Yes he can. No-one comes with a guarentee, you have to weight up the likelyhood, the probability and with James Brent you need look no further than his business portfolio - a string of successful companies most salvaged from the scrap head........which is where we find ourselves. 
SALVAGED FROM THE SCRAP HEAP BY MAKING CUTS, REDUNDANCIES and ASSET STRIPPING and DELIVERY IS ONLY COMPLETE WHEN THE GOODS ARE DELIVERED. HE IS VERY QUIET?

He always represented the best alternative for the fans and most certainly for football as he kept everything together, all available options for future development would remain under him, a mutual benefit from those developments would also remain (not just a foreign ownership property cream off). 

THERE IS NOTHING LEFT SMIFFY???NOTHING LEFT TO KEEP TOGETHER.

So there you have it, those were the qualities that first made me nail my colours to his mast, i've been entirely consistent in my support throughout as at no point have I saw anything better in the other alternatives. I understand why BG picked made the wrong choice (from fans and footballs perspective) but this time is now overdue to reverse that decision because Heaney can't deliver, he no longer represents "the best deal for creditors", James Brent does.

FOR THE RECORD I OFFER 8 MILLION FOR THE CLUB, WILL DONATE THE GROUND BACK TO THE CITY, WILL SIGN 30PREMIERSHIP FIRST TEAM STARS AND LET EVERYONE IN FREE TO WATCH THE GAMES??? I WILL ALSO ONLY LOOK TO BENEFIT THE WHOLE COMMUNITY AND PUT 4 MILLION A YEAR INTO COMMUNITY PROJECTS........NOT. WORDS ARE EASY THOUGH. ONLY SEE ACTIONS FROM ONE BIDDER THOUGH????


Worst reply ever.

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 19:46 05 Jul 2011
by Tavypilgrim
marin(er) wrote: He provides.........

1) Trust.    Does he?

2) Transperency.   Does he?

3) Integrity.     Does he?

4) Honesty     Does he?

5) Unity    Does he?

We know who he is and what he looks like (see 1,2,3&4). 

He has stated quite publicly his position (see 2&4). 

The reason for his interest was a noble one, a footballing one. He wants Argyle to survive as a football club so Plymouth and the South-West Peninsula had football league representation. Many misconstrued as 'reluctance' his back-stop position a) he was hoping for a sugar daddy when all we got was a dodgy uncle and b) a reluctant but noble and capable man beats an enthusiastic self interested and incapable one every day (see 3&5). 

He is a noble individual as evidenced by the waiving of his Plymouth development fee. Doesn't do things just for personal gain (see 1&4). 

He is Plymouth literate, by which I mean he already has the ties with PCC and local business that Heaney has so palpably failed to engage with (see 1&5). 

He knows what the football creditors rule is  (see 1). 

He didn't seek to b*llsh*t us, he was clear we were to be run sell sufficiently (see 1&4). 

Above all he has a proven through his track record in business ESPECIALLY in the salvage of businesses in administration (see 1&3). 

He's never overseen the liquidation of one of his companies (see 1&3). 

He isn't looking to develop the ground (see 1,2&5). 

He intends to keep Home Park and Plymouth Argyle Football Club together. The myth that sprung up about there being a precondition of sale to PCC is just rubbish. When asked about selling HP to someone for profit he replied that the only people he'd consider selling to in the future was PCC. What was actually a reassuring statement about keeping all facets of the club united was spun into something it wasn't - a desire to sell to PCC. He was hugely maligned by that spin. (see 1&5). 

He will pay off the debts, in full, in one go, not defer the debts onto the football club for future settlement (see 1&3). 

AS YOU HAVE BASED ABOVE ON 1 2 3 4 5 AND THEY ARE ALL SPECULATION THAT TAKES CARE OF ABOVE POINTS.

I've tried to keep that focused on the positive but I can't escape the point that in all those points you must compare and contrast with the PB's we have today, you will find stark contrasts .  ACCORDING TO YOU AND HEARSAY, RUMOUR, IFS, BUTS and MAYBES

Can he deliver?. Yes he can. No-one comes with a guarentee, you have to weight up the likelyhood, the probability and with James Brent you need look no further than his business portfolio - a string of successful companies most salvaged from the scrap head........which is where we find ourselves. 
SALVAGED FROM THE SCRAP HEAP BY MAKING CUTS, REDUNDANCIES and ASSET STRIPPING and DELIVERY IS ONLY COMPLETE WHEN THE GOODS ARE DELIVERED. HE IS VERY QUIET?

He always represented the best alternative for the fans and most certainly for football as he kept everything together, all available options for future development would remain under him, a mutual benefit from those developments would also remain (not just a foreign ownership property cream off). 

THERE IS NOTHING LEFT SMIFFY???NOTHING LEFT TO KEEP TOGETHER.

So there you have it, those were the qualities that first made me nail my colours to his mast, i've been entirely consistent in my support throughout as at no point have I saw anything better in the other alternatives. I understand why BG picked made the wrong choice (from fans and footballs perspective) but this time is now overdue to reverse that decision because Heaney can't deliver, he no longer represents "the best deal for creditors", James Brent does.

FOR THE RECORD I OFFER 8 MILLION FOR THE CLUB, WILL DONATE THE GROUND BACK TO THE CITY, WILL SIGN 30PREMIERSHIP FIRST TEAM STARS AND LET EVERYONE IN FREE TO WATCH THE GAMES??? I WILL ALSO ONLY LOOK TO BENEFIT THE WHOLE COMMUNITY AND PUT 4 MILLION A YEAR INTO COMMUNITY PROJECTS........NOT. WORDS ARE EASY THOUGH. ONLY SEE ACTIONS FROM ONE BIDDER THOUGH????


:lol:

What a woeful riposte to the original post.

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 20:02 05 Jul 2011
by jimbo_the_green
marin(er) wrote:
jimbo_the_green wrote:
marin(er) wrote: The only proven stitch up suffered by argyle in recent times was by the septic seven.
I'm sure that as we move forward you will all be ready to say those words....'told you'Well we will see in good time but for now you can not say that really


:?

So you 'are sure' that the bleak future scenario for the club that has been put to you is what is likely to happen yet you still support it?

I thought you were naive and hoping for the best but it seems you just simply enjoy the attention of being a vocal and persistent advocator of an increasingly minority opinion.

To hope is one thing. To support a scenario you expect to turn to turd due to the lack (in your blinkered version of awareness) of an alternative is mindless

but that what it actually says is it?! I'm sure you will be ready to say that at the slightest opportunity if you need it clarified to your level.....


This isn't even basic unerstandable English. Spelling mistakes happen but the words you've strung together here do not make even the slightest sense. I don't know what level you see as mine but whatever you've attempted to say here you've missed it. Maybe Mike from Totnes will understand it better

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 20:29 05 Jul 2011
by TCM
the words were a bit long for me jimbo :)

Re: A quick update/Truly amazing - Merged.

Posted: 20:33 05 Jul 2011
by TCM
and to quote the worst priminister of our time,,,,,,,,just rejoyce in that news :)