James Brent has asked me to release this to supporters.Thanks for starting the relevant thread Northroadwest1
'I have been following the developments at Home Park. I am happy to confirm my position as set out below. First, however, may I compliment the staff and fans for their unswerving support of their Club; it was this positive 'can do' attitude and passion that encouraged me (a person who has not followed football) to try to help in the first place. I would encourage the fanbase to continue with the unity that they have shown historically.
I have not spoken to Mr Guilfoyle since he selected his preferred bidder and do not have any information on the progress of discussions with the preferred bidder that is not in the public domain. Mr Guilfoyle has clearly defined duties to creditors and I have no doubt he will have fulfilled his responsibilities to the best of his ability.
As a matter of law, the Joint Administrators control the Club and related assets. They also have the benefit of information which is not in the public domain. I will not take any action while discussions with the Preferred Bidders continue which might prejudice a potential exit of the Club from Administration.
The question has been raised as to whether I would step in if the current discussions failed to deliver a solution. The answer is that my motivations have not changed and I would see if I could deliver a solution. There are however 2 issues which are of obvious (and serious) concern:
A) the position of the Club has continued to deteriorate: creditors have continued to grow dramatically, players have left, pre-season activities have been delayed etc. I have no idea on how the delays and process have impacted on the fanbase and eg their enthusiasm to buy season tickets.
B) our solution can only be delivered with the help of other parties. I do not know what their attitude would be at this stage in the process.
To summarise, the concern of Argyle fans is understood and in my view justified. I will not however disrupt the current process and put a potential solution at risk. If the current process is or becomes at risk and Mr Guilfoyle wishes to speak with me I am sure he will do so. Given the current position however I can give absolutely no assurances that I could deliver a solution.
Chairman and CEO
Akkeron Group LLP