Page 13 of 14

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:35 12 Jul 2011
by paulysalz
marin(er) wrote: This is an open forum where people can put forward their views. I think though it's about time you all put up or shut up... The facts are there to be seen, Heaney is the only one to have put the money where his mouth is.. You can all talk about plan b ( which is to little to late) but Heaney has the club. As fans we should be behind that bid. I constantly get 'marin(er)has missed the point 'marin(er) has his head up his arse' but really, if you all took a step back and looked you would see the club is nearly dead, it's do or die. I have, from the beginning said that letting the club die is not acceptable. if we all got behind this bid and supported the club we can prevent this. Why an argyle supporter can come on here and get shouted down just for calling for that speaks volumes. Forget Brent(who wants to cherry pick a nice plot or two at home park before handing it all back) forget Buttivant and support your club!! Keep it alive and plan for the future...
Facts...... Heaney is the only man to show his money... Plymouth argyle are dead without that money.... You will not get 5000 argyle fans to part with 3 grand ( I will by the way)... We are running out of time....
This could only happen down here!!!


You are a hypocrite. You ask for 'facts' then present your own opinions as fact. Nothing in bold is a certifiable fact, yet you present it that way. We all get it now: you don't like Brent, some people do. You also accuse the 'negative brigade' of trying to influence opinion, yet that's exactly what you try to do in every one of your posts.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:41 12 Jul 2011
by jimbo_the_green
paulysalz wrote:
marin(er) wrote: This is an open forum where people can put forward their views. I think though it's about time you all put up or shut up... The facts are there to be seen, Heaney is the only one to have put the money where his mouth is.. You can all talk about plan b ( which is to little to late) but Heaney has the club. As fans we should be behind that bid. I constantly get 'marin(er)has missed the point 'marin(er) has his head up his arse' but really, if you all took a step back and looked you would see the club is nearly dead, it's do or die. I have, from the beginning said that letting the club die is not acceptable. if we all got behind this bid and supported the club we can prevent this. Why an argyle supporter can come on here and get shouted down just for calling for that speaks volumes. Forget Brent(who wants to cherry pick a nice plot or two at home park before handing it all back) forget Buttivant and support your club!! Keep it alive and plan for the future...
Facts...... Heaney is the only man to show his money... Plymouth argyle are dead without that money.... You will not get 5000 argyle fans to part with 3 grand ( I will by the way)... We are running out of time....
This could only happen down here!!!


You are a hypocrite. You ask for 'facts' then present your own opinions as fact. Nothing in bold is a certifiable fact, yet you present it that way. We all get it now: you don't like Brent, some people do. You also accuse the 'negative brigade' of trying to influence opinion, yet that's exactly what you try to do in every one of your posts.


we've also seen only 5% of the money he's promised ultimately and only 30% of what he should have paid to date.

He's also been the only one allowed to even try and put his money where his mouth is by BG.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:50 12 Jul 2011
by marin(er)
Same again....... Get behind the club and support it like a supporter.... Stop being so petty about things. it's the thing supporters are supposed to do, clues in the word...

now where's the problem in that statement? What I have been saying from the beginning!!!

And the club is dead with out the money by the way... Also plan b IS to late, should have been put together as a bid... Heaney has already got the club or did you miss that? And as for the cherry picking? Thought I would do a bit of speculating myself, just like you all do.....

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:53 12 Jul 2011
by Lord Tisdale
marin(er) wrote: Heaney is the only man to show his money.


And there was me thinking that Heaney was only a consultant and the money was coming from some Irish/Gibraltarian/Yorkshire philanthropist?

Get off your soapbox and find something else to say, repeating the same rubbish over and over again has ceased to cut any ice with anyone but the few, even they are getting fewer since Esmer was outed.

You like facts, haven't the good burghers of Pasoti and the Taverners put their hands in their pockets, or do you only count money that goes in to the pockets of The Riddler and the rest of the yorkshire Mafia?

The money you have chosen to ignore went to the hard pressed staff at Home Park, not into the pockets of the people for whom you are the number one cheerleader, not an opinion, but a statement of fact!

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:56 12 Jul 2011
by Gareth Nicholson
marin(er) wrote: Same again....... Get behind the club and support it like a supporter.... Stop being so petty about things. it's the thing supporters are supposed to do, clues in the word...

now where's the problem in that statement? What I have been saying from the beginning!!!

And the club is dead with out the money by the way... Also plan b IS to late, should have been put together as a bid... Heaney has already got the club or did you miss that? And as for the cherry picking? Thought I would do a bit of speculating myself, just like you all do.....


Without the FL share what Heaney has 'got' is utterly worthless as it all collapses if we don't get the share. The handling of this administration and sale process has been at best a shambles and at worse bordering on the actionable.

In your world 'get behind the club and support it like a supporter' means ask no questions, hold no suspicions, reserve no views. Just unthinking, blinkered hero-worship of a bunch of spivs who have done nothing to deserve it. That's not support: that's being a sheep.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:57 12 Jul 2011
by The Doctor
marin(er) wrote: Also plan b IS too late, should have been put together as a bid...


Um, I think the main reason for Plan B being late is that Plan A has taken far longer than it should have done (and still not been completed) at the same time locking out anyone else interested in trying to do a deal.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 13:58 12 Jul 2011
by marin(er)
Lord Tisdale wrote:
marin(er) wrote: Heaney is the only man to show his money.


And there was me thinking that Heaney was only a consultant and the money was coming from some "Irish"/Gibraltarian/Yorkshire philanthropist?

Get off your soapbox and find something else to say, repeating the same rubbish over and over again has ceased to cut any ice with anyone but the few, even they are getting fewer since Esmer was outed.

You like facts, haven't the good burghers of Pasoti and the Taverners put their hands in their pockets, or do you only count money that goes in to the pockets of The Riddler and the rest of the yorkshire Mafia?

The money you have chosen to ignore went to the hard pressed staff at Home Park, not into

the pockets of the people for whom you are the number one cheerleader, not an opinion, but a statement of fact!


again, what sort of twist is that? We have all put our hands in our pockets to resolve the mess left by the slimy 7 but it's not going to keep the club alive indefinitely is it? Stop being so bloody petty... The facts are there pal. Heaney IS the only bidder and consequently got the club. Now we argyle fans( of which you are not) need to get behind this bid....

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 14:05 12 Jul 2011
by Charlie Wood
You're getting really boring now Kev.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 14:05 12 Jul 2011
by Rupert
marin(er) wrote: Heaney is the only man to show his money...


Wrong. Brent provided proof of funding to the administrators well before the preferred bidders did.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 14:06 12 Jul 2011
by Elias
I must be slow on the uptake but I thought the reason we are in financial trouble to start with is down to the players being paid too much & not being good enough.

I thought Argyle had bought the ground, yet why did it need a mortgage then ?

Peter Jones 'expertise' may be of use BUT will he show the colour of his money or is it a case of loading the gun but not wishing to open fire?

The trust needs to beware that Brent may well want the fans to dig deep to buy shares to help his bid to buy the club.

Those who were opposed to purchase of the ground may wish to consider that if PCC had still owned it the only assets it would have had now are the players - which NO ONE wants to buy (except Nelson) or more accurately maybe can AFFORD...........
The mortgage hasn't got us into debt, it's the 38 squad players we had that we couldn't shift.

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 14:33 12 Jul 2011
by marin(er)
Rupert wrote:
marin(er) wrote: Heaney is the only man to show his money...


Wrong. Brent provided proof of funding to the administrators well before the preferred bidders did.

proof of funding is one thing.... Putting it across the table is another....

Brents bid was for the council to buy the ground, the fans to run the club...with Ridsdale.... What do you reckon was in it for him?

My guess would be a couple of plots adjacent to the ground....

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 14:53 12 Jul 2011
by Greenskin
IJN wrote: :grin:

You see John, I was right along!! :wink:


Actually,it wasn't the argument itself that caused my head to bang,it was the prospect of the 159th "why do Norwich get bigger crowds than Argyle" thread taking place. :)

Re: The Rescue Plan or Plan B is off the ground.

Posted: 16:01 12 Jul 2011
by marin(er)
As I said BT, if you all can speculate then why can't I?