On the train en route home from London. No sign of the preferred bidder today up here
Just to let everyone know that James Brent and Vivien Pengelly have both confirmed today that they are looking forward to the meeting.
It is at 11am tomorrow so work dependent we will do our best to get a communication out to supporters in the afternoon before we all head off to watch the Bristol City game. The plan / hope is to release a Joint Statement from those in attendance.
We reaffirm that this is not an attempt to hijack the current bidders. I am just proud of the way that as supporters we are doing everything possible to make sure that there is an alternative for our club if the preferred bidder fails to perform.
I have felt inspired this week by the amount of support we have all been given. As the week has gone on the swell of enthusiasm for having a back up plan has grown beyond our expectations.
When I look at the expertise that we have assembled for tomorrows meeting we really do have all the right ingreidients.
- A tremendously successful businessman in James Brent
- A leader of the City Council prepared to do everything in her power to save Argyle in Vivien Pengelly
- The Fans' Trust who have I believe worked tirelessly for supporters
- The inspirational fundraising skills of the GTs
- Ian Newell. A man whose skills include raising money and the heckles of Yorkshiremen
- The planning experience and cool head of Graham Clark
- The skills and supporter based directorship skills of Peter Jones
- Our own private investigator Ian De Lar
- Plus a couple of other individuals who I am not sure would want themselves named on the internet (nothing dodgy I just haven't asked them )
We can offer nobody any guarantees. What we can say though is that together there is a will to do something very different and very special with our football club. If The Rescue Plan never gets used then at least we will have a huge block of support that can be used to influence the future of Argyle.
This is our Football Club. The New World took it off us. We are here to claim it back.
A request from me - I think what would be nice is if supporters could leave their best wishes / support/views for tomorrow on this thread. I would quite like to print it off and hand to James and Vivien in the morning. Lets show how much this club means to us.