Page 6 of 8

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:18 15 Jul 2011
by cheshiregreen
Peter_Jones wrote:
tonycholwell wrote: Guys, I hate to say this, but beyond the obvious sentimentality of some of the posts is a complete mis understanding of the situation.

Chris has rather well laid out the proposition that this is Plan B and only to be enacted if Plan A fails. Plan B is all about James Brent riding over the horizon IF Heaney fails to deliver.

It is not an alternative to Plan A because he wasnt that committed to buying Argyle. If he was we wouldnt be in the apparent mess many believe we are currently in. He made it very clear he would not finance the club, including paying the staff, whilst deciding if he wished to proceed. He would not pay the exclusivity payments nor pay that much to those Argyle oweed.

Against that backdrop, Heaney is now in pole position and will probably get the freeholds and pass off the club to the Riddler. The time to gee up Brent was some months ago and persuade him to go a step further. he didnt want to and so we are where we are.

Like wise Viv P cant be seen to come out and say "PCC will buy HP, which is why she hasnt.

We are where we are for very good reasons. 2/3 pretty awful alternatives but the ginger one is heading for the tape first and the Riddler is still smiling.

Relax, the contest is over, now you only have to decide if you wish to actively support Argyle or not.


Tony, you really are extremely patronising, and you appear to believe that all those engaged in the Plan B initiative are entirely devoid of intelligence and insight.

There are very good reasons to be deeply concerned about the ""Irish"" Bid, and its potential impact on Argyle. Not least the bizarre process that the Leeds group have pursued.

Furthermore, the obsessive secrecy surrounding this Bid and the administrator's willingness to lie repeatedly in order to protect is an issue that even Yates of the Yard may feel compelled to investigate in a parallel world.

Plan B is not about that, however.

Plan B is about preparing a backstop should Plan A fail.

And it could well fail.

First, Heaney may not be able to come up with the money. Why? Because of the lack of certainty that planning permission for his scheme for the park will be granted. Plus the time it could take to go through.

It is already known that one of his key investors has walked away.

Second, because the FL may not buy into the paper-thin, translucent Chinese Walls being erected to create the illusion that Heaney has no interest in the club.

Third, because of the "fit and proper persons test". Both Ridsdale and Heaney have liquidated companies in the last three years, leaving trails of debt unpaid. In Ridsale's case, over a third of a milion pounds to the taxpayer (you and me). At least one of those liquidations is still under investigation.

Fourth, because of what is happening at Cardiff Crown Court in a couple of weeks. Sorry, but I don't think that anyone can guarantee that Mr Ridsdale will be found "not guilty". For all of his bragadaccio, the chance remains that the CPS have a case.

So - we're not out of the woods yet. By any means. And the season starts in just over three weeks time.

Surely it would be irresponsible for there not to be a Plan B in place?

And if the administrator isn't prepared to put in the work (despite his eye-watering fees), others have to step up to the plate.


Indeed - even the Leeds conection thought that just a month ago - 15th June

The group agreed to pay £1 million for exclusivity in the takeover talks last month, locking out other bidders. But their first instalment was late and the next, thought to be in the region of £200,000, is due next Tuesday. A final payment is due at the end of the month, when Guilfoyle is hopeful of completing the sale.

"I am fully confident this group are going to complete once I get the next payment," he added. However, it has come to light that there are three other potential backers, should the deal collapse.

Argyle's acting chairman Peter Ridsdale is in New York meeting prospective investors. Bradley Rangell, a sports finance director at banking firm Citibank, represented a US consortium which was eyeing the Pilgrims during talks earlier this year. Those discussions ended last month and Ridsdale would not comment on whether they had resumed. But he said: "Option A may or may not complete, but we need to make sure we at least have an option B, C, D, and so on.


More spin? As now alternative options are a complete no go our Leeds friends tell us.

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:40 15 Jul 2011
by pastiesforlife
My son, on his way to primary school, has just asked 'what's happening at Argyle?' He wears his shirt with pride despite living far from Plymouth. He is a fourth generation supporter - both great grandfathers being supporters; one travelling to away matches and the other attending a match on his wedding day in the 1930s.

The current bid appears to be a complete shambles. Cash flow from the last couple of games and player sales has not been spent wisely on staff retention. The bid lacks any integrity and the FL are within their rights to make a stance.

The Council have responsibility towards the interests of Plymothians. Mr Brent has made reasonable statements and not wild promises. Plan B, if required, should restore faith to supporters who wish to support a club with moral fibre. It will result in living within our means and probably little success on the field. We will be proud to support such a club like our predecessors over the past 125 years.[list=][/list]

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:47 15 Jul 2011
by Thai green
:appl: That was 'said with feeling', pastiesforlife, well done to your son for continuing to wear his Argyle shirt with pride, I agree with what you say and I am feeling happier now that I know that, hopefully, there will be a Plan B, - as suggested by Mr Ridsdale on June 15th - thank you Cheshiregreen. :)

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:48 15 Jul 2011
by Lesley Somerville
Just heard on radio, no Golden Share granted today. Plan B needed more then ever.

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:49 15 Jul 2011
by grovehill
tonycholwell wrote: Guys, I hate to say this, but beyond the obvious sentimentality of some of the posts is a complete mis understanding of the situation.

Chris has rather well laid out the proposition that this is Plan B and only to be enacted if Plan A fails. Plan B is all about James Brent riding over the horizon IF Heaney fails to deliver.

It is not an alternative to Plan A because he wasnt that committed to buying Argyle. If he was we wouldnt be in the apparent mess many believe we are currently in. He made it very clear he would not finance the club, including paying the staff, whilst deciding if he wished to proceed. He would not pay the exclusivity payments nor pay that much to those Argyle oweed.

Against that backdrop, Heaney is now in pole position and will probably get the freeholds and pass off the club to the Riddler. The time to gee up Brent was some months ago and persuade him to go a step further. he didnt want to and so we are where we are.

Like wise Viv P cant be seen to come out and say "PCC will buy HP, which is why she hasnt.

We are where we are for very good reasons. 2/3 pretty awful alternatives but the ginger one is heading for the tape first and the Riddler is still smiling.

Relax, the contest is over, now you only have to decide if you wish to actively support Argyle or not.



Agree 100% with TC

People keep forgetting the obvious.

Administration is not about saving a football club, it's about getting money for those that are owed it.

The Administrator, not The Trust, The City Council or the fans, decide who's going to take over-having a meeting about "Plan B" without involving the decision maker is a waste of time. Like watching to a football match without any players.

The Council have NOT said they will buy the ground, there is not statement saying "in certain circumstances we, the City Council are prepared to buy Home Park for £x"

It would be far better for fans to focus on trying to be involved in the ownership of PAFC, post Ridsdale.

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:51 15 Jul 2011
by Tony Pastyman
As I understand it, BG was appointed as an administrator by the court's, if his most favoured preferred option falls away,
Could he throw his toys out of the cot and say enough is enough and walk away?
Is he obliged to find another serious bidder?
Or could he liquidate the club?

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:53 15 Jul 2011
by richthepilgrim
Good luck to each and every one of you attending the meeting today.

I stopped renewing my season ticket following the 07-08 season after two or three years of broken promises from the board concerning the "imminent" rebuilding of the South Stand and further broken promises about having a real "go for it" should they be in contention for promotion in January '08. Within eighteen months of that I found myself so totally disillusioned with the never-ending bull excretion emitting from the board room that my "support" for Argyle became restricted to joining the Green Army on the road whilst "boycotting" Home Park completely because there was no way on earth my hard-earned cash was going to be frittered away on a high-risk World Cup gamble that was only going to line the pockets of the property men had it been successful.

I hope and pray that Argyle will some day become a club of the people, or at the very least be owned by people who are honest, honourable and mindful of the fact that the fans matter. If Plan B materialises my faith will be restored. I will once again be proud to fully support my CLUB as opposed to following my team every other week on the road.

Once again, good luck guys!!

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 07:59 15 Jul 2011
by 62er
I am reminded of Churchill's Blood, Sweat and Tears speech, reading many of these comments! And I suspect that his perceived chances of 'victory' were not much better than mine!!!!! That doesn't stop me hoping for it. Go for it.

Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 08:26 15 Jul 2011
by storming
Peter_Jones wrote: Tony, you really are extremely patronising, and you appear to believe that all those engaged in the Plan B initiative are entirely devoid of intelligence and insight.

There are very good reasons to be deeply concerned about the ""Irish"" Bid, and its potential impact on Argyle. Not least the bizarre process that the Leeds group have pursued.

Furthermore, the obsessive secrecy surrounding this Bid and the administrator's willingness to lie repeatedly in order to protect is an issue that even Yates of the Yard may feel compelled to investigate in a parallel world.

Plan B is not about that, however.

Plan B is about preparing a backstop should Plan A fail.

And it could well fail.

First, Heaney may not be able to come up with the money. Why? Because of the lack of certainty that planning permission for his scheme for the park will be granted. Plus the time it could take to go through.

It is already known that one of his key investors has walked away.

Second, because the FL may not buy into the paper-thin, translucent Chinese Walls being erected to create the illusion that Heaney has no interest in the club.

Third, because of the "fit and proper persons test". Both Ridsdale and Heaney have liquidated companies in the last three years, leaving trails of debt unpaid. In Ridsale's case, over a third of a milion pounds to the taxpayer (you and me). At least one of those liquidations is still under investigation.

Fourth, because of what is happening at Cardiff Crown Court in a couple of weeks. Sorry, but I don't think that anyone can guarantee that Mr Ridsdale will be found "not guilty". For all of his bragadaccio, the chance remains that the CPS have a case.

So - we're not out of the woods yet. By any means. And the season starts in just over three weeks time.

Surely it would be irresponsible for there not to be a Plan B in place?

And if the administrator isn't prepared to put in the work (despite his eye-watering fees), others have to step up to the plate.


:iagree: We cannot guarantee survival, without a Plan B, when Plan A looks very shaky.

I must have missed it. Who was Heaney's investor who walked away? Was it the Japanese guy?

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 08:29 15 Jul 2011
by Charlie Wood
Fingers crossed for a productive meeting, I'm very optimistic that JB and the City Council will see the mutual benefits in a formal alliance backed by the goodwill of the supporters and, I hope, the tacit support of the population in general. Best of luck to you all.

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 08:37 15 Jul 2011
by LiskeardLooney
greenshoots wrote: Just heard on radio, no Golden Share granted today. Plan B needed more then ever.


:shock: followed by :cry: followed by :evil:

come on FL do the right thing

:huddle:

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 08:58 15 Jul 2011
by LiskeardLooney
Chris Webb wrote: Evening All

On the train en route home from London. No sign of the preferred bidder today up here :)

Just to let everyone know that James Brent and Vivien Pengelly have both confirmed today that they are looking forward to the meeting.

It is at 11am tomorrow so work dependent we will do our best to get a communication out to supporters in the afternoon before we all head off to watch the Bristol City game. The plan / hope is to release a Joint Statement from those in attendance.

We reaffirm that this is not an attempt to hijack the current bidders. I am just proud of the way that as supporters we are doing everything possible to make sure that there is an alternative for our club if the preferred bidder fails to perform.

I have felt inspired this week by the amount of support we have all been given. As the week has gone on the swell of enthusiasm for having a back up plan has grown beyond our expectations.

When I look at the expertise that we have assembled for tomorrows meeting we really do have all the right ingreidients.

- A tremendously successful businessman in James Brent
- A leader of the City Council prepared to do everything in her power to save Argyle in Vivien Pengelly
- The Fans' Trust who have I believe worked tirelessly for supporters
- The inspirational fundraising skills of the GTs
- Ian Newell. A man whose skills include raising money and the heckles of Yorkshiremen
- The planning experience and cool head of Graham Clark
- The skills and supporter based directorship skills of Peter Jones
- Our own private investigator Ian De Lar
- Plus a couple of other individuals who I am not sure would want themselves named on the internet (nothing dodgy I just haven't asked them :) )

We can offer nobody any guarantees. What we can say though is that together there is a will to do something very different and very special with our football club. If The Rescue Plan never gets used then at least we will have a huge block of support that can be used to influence the future of Argyle.

This is our Football Club. The New World took it off us. We are here to claim it back.

Chris


A request from me - I think what would be nice is if supporters could leave their best wishes / support/views for tomorrow on this thread. I would quite like to print it off and hand to James and Vivien in the morning. Lets show how much this club means to us.



Where is the meeting being held????

Re: All Ready for tomorrow! - The Rescue Plan / Plan B Meeti

Posted: 09:50 15 Jul 2011
by Celia Ellacott
Michael Foot would have been completely behind this.

Resurgam