Page 12 of 13

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 06:22 05 Aug 2011
by Sue Pollard
pilgrimpaul wrote: Well said Chris... you came across as very composed and managed to say all that was needed to said without scare mongering!


I agree Paul ... well done Chris on your well composed interview.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 06:47 05 Aug 2011
by exmouthgrecian
Peter_dout wrote: If anyone thinks the Riddler is going to slum it for 50k a year under Brent they are wrong. I doubt if the figure has even been discussed but that's what I would value a CEO of a struggling forth division club.

I did hear that Exeter were paying theirs 100k a year, which if true is ridiculous.


Nearer 50k Peter, mind you the guy was a personal friend of Tisdale's. I understand that the Riddler is allegedly on 25K a month which if true is not affordable going forward for a Division 2 club IMHO.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 06:54 05 Aug 2011
by lee_wsm
means one of two things (havent heard radio slot so cant tell by tone of voice)

1, heaney cant get hold of money = one nervous administrator

2, administrator trying to appease fans by making it look like he will take alternative buyer when all along heaney will still buy

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 07:10 05 Aug 2011
by lostinleeds
dbgreen wrote:
IJN wrote:
However, as the Heaney deal is not yet dead, all this is purely speculation and waffle really isn't it.


Waffle it may be Ian but it's good to know that Contingency Plan, which I had until recently hoped would be a dream come true for me, still involves Ridsdale and so is not one I could support in a million years. As our Exeter friend says, why in God's name do we need him? I can see nothing in him, whether he holds the purse strings or not, to suggest he'd be any more effective than any other CEO.
I feel I am going insane, and going there alone as even X Isle is swaying. Have I entered some Stepford Wives alternative universe, has the Riddler got some bizarre power over people?
Well, it doesn't work on me, I think he's a tosser and absolutely no good will come of him being here.


You are not the only one concerned that Ridsdale now appears to have inserted himself into the contingency plan. Obviously it would be up to JB who is put in charge of Argyle as he would be putting the money in, but I don't see why it has to be Ridsdale. Surely given our financial situation you need to look for the most cost-effective candidate (salary wise) - not one who has a history of overspending while a football clubs! If his alleged salary is correct we should at least be looking at other potential candidates.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 08:25 05 Aug 2011
by Paul_Roberts
Lord Tisdale wrote: As a small word of warning on top of all the others, apparently Ridsdale was heavily involved in the signing of Seth Johnson at Leeds, SJ's agent was intent upon getting his man at least 15k a week, before he got chance to start negotiating PR had started at 25k and gazumped himself to 35k before anyone could stop him, how he ever got a reputation as a "football man" defies logic.

You don't need Ridsdale and I can't for the life of me see why you would want him.


Not that Ridsdale didn't treat his time at Leeds like a remake of Brewster's Millions, but that Seth Johnson story is a complete myth.

The story about the private jet, on the other hand, isn't.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 08:30 05 Aug 2011
by Gareth Nicholson
Paul_Roberts wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote: As a small word of warning on top of all the others, apparently Ridsdale was heavily involved in the signing of Seth Johnson at Leeds, SJ's agent was intent upon getting his man at least 15k a week, before he got chance to start negotiating PR had started at 25k and gazumped himself to 35k before anyone could stop him, how he ever got a reputation as a "football man" defies logic.

You don't need Ridsdale and I can't for the life of me see why you would want him.


Not that Ridsdale didn't treat his time at Leeds like a remake of Brewster's Millions, but that Seth Johnson story is a complete myth.

The story about the private jet, on the other hand, isn't.


Nor the fleet of company cars.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 09:09 05 Aug 2011
by Iggy
This really is the time to cross your fingers and hope. I know that far from everybody will be hoping that Heaney completes, however lets hope that if he doesn't he has at least funded the administrator up until this point, giving enough time to mobilise the green army to fund the club as we enter the new season. If the administrator walks away now we will be up the creek without a paddle. Is it any wonder that Tresor Kandol walked away from the club as the other strikers did? Heaney really does not seem to realise that to complete on a property deal he needs to fund a football club along the way, are we being bought out (sold out?) by a complete and utter numpty, or does he think everybody else is stupid?
Time for the start of the season, get yer marching boots on bey's,
Heaney the clock is at one minute to midnight and we are watching you, you muppet!

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 09:37 05 Aug 2011
by Lord Tisdale
LostinLeeds wrote:
dbgreen wrote:
IJN wrote:
However, as the Heaney deal is not yet dead, all this is purely speculation and waffle really isn't it.


Waffle it may be Ian but it's good to know that Contingency Plan, which I had until recently hoped would be a dream come true for me, still involves Ridsdale and so is not one I could support in a million years. As our Exeter friend says, why in God's name do we need him? I can see nothing in him, whether he holds the purse strings or not, to suggest he'd be any more effective than any other CEO.
I feel I am going insane, and going there alone as even X Isle is swaying. Have I entered some Stepford Wives alternative universe, has the Riddler got some bizarre power over people?
Well, it doesn't work on me, I think he's a tosser and absolutely no good will come of him being here.


You are not the only one concerned that Ridsdale now appears to have inserted himself into the contingency plan. Obviously it would be up to JB who is put in charge of Argyle as he would be putting the money in, but I don't see why it has to be Ridsdale. Surely given our financial situation you need to look for the most cost-effective candidate (salary wise) - not one who has a history of overspending while a football clubs! If his alleged salary is correct we should at least be looking at other potential candidates.


If the CP did come into play, my guess is Ridsdale would be kept on for continuity. I understand he is a likeable character, how else would the staff worked unpaid for so long? More importantly the new company might find out a great deal about what has been happening over the last 6 months. I'm pretty sure after a few months he will depart after it was mutually agreed his work was done, he had saved Argyle and he could walk into the sunset with the plaudits ringing out.

Deep down of course he will be seething that his grand plan has failed. After all the stress, he may feel the need for some canal walks in Birmingham.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 09:50 05 Aug 2011
by Quintrell_Green
Paul_Roberts wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote: As a small word of warning on top of all the others, apparently Ridsdale was heavily involved in the signing of Seth Johnson at Leeds, SJ's agent was intent upon getting his man at least 15k a week, before he got chance to start negotiating PR had started at 25k and gazumped himself to 35k before anyone could stop him, how he ever got a reputation as a "football man" defies logic.

You don't need Ridsdale and I can't for the life of me see why you would want him.


Not that Ridsdale didn't treat his time at Leeds like a remake of Brewster's Millions, but that Seth Johnson story is a complete myth.

The story about the private jet, on the other hand, isn't.


Just think, the jet could be the deal breaker in ensuring Plymouth Airport stays open!

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 10:08 05 Aug 2011
by Lord Tisdale
Peter_dout wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote: Talking about Norrie Stewart 'Tis. Who as a former retail hot shot..... Oh God can anyone see where this is going!


I would hardly call him a "retail hot shot" when his firm collapsed owing millions, maybe a "former" although he was brought in for his administrative skills, but Norrie went a long time ago, his initial period as a temp was certainly quite expensive, once he was on board full time his package was 50k all in.

Taggy is the man nowadays, admittedly some in the know miss the kilted one, but I am happy to go with someone that bleeds red and white and dutifully fills the dual roles which you seem hell bent on giving to the Riddler and 'Saints disaster man' Jones for what I should guess would be maybe ten times the money. That's you as a club, not you personally.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 10:13 05 Aug 2011
by lostinleeds
Lord Tisdale wrote: Deep down of course he will be seething that his grand plan has failed. After all the stress, he may feel the need for some canal walks in Birmingham.


I hope for his sake he doesn't take any canal walks in Leeds, there are plenty up here who would be willing to push him in!!!

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 10:15 05 Aug 2011
by exmouthgrecian
Paul_Roberts wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote: As a small word of warning on top of all the others, apparently Ridsdale was heavily involved in the signing of Seth Johnson at Leeds, SJ's agent was intent upon getting his man at least 15k a week, before he got chance to start negotiating PR had started at 25k and gazumped himself to 35k before anyone could stop him, how he ever got a reputation as a "football man" defies logic.

You don't need Ridsdale and I can't for the life of me see why you would want him.


Not that Ridsdale didn't treat his time at Leeds like a remake of Brewster's Millions, but that Seth Johnson story is a complete myth.

The story about the private jet, on the other hand, isn't.


The figures might be slightly wonky but definitely not a myth. Seth is a Dawlish lad and the story came from his family. As with all these things embelishment has taken place I am sure.

Re: BRENDAN GUILFOYLE PRESS RELEASE

Posted: 10:28 05 Aug 2011
by David Whitehouse
Guilfoyle has really messed this up. It's true that the problem was caused by
the septic seven but Guilfoyle has added damage to an already frail patient.

I see that in each of his previous administrations there was a PB ready to fund
it from the word go. As soon as it got a bit more tricky and some judgement was
involved, he blew it.

Common sense would have told most people that an anonymous bidder could not
be relied upon in any kind of transaction. Now he is reduced to writing to people
he can't identify to ask for money.

All the while there was at least one (Brent) perhaps two perfectly viable bids on the table.