Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans Re-United-Support Is On Its Way
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:33 am 

A staggering 8 pages on North Stand Chat since 8 o'clock last night! :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:42 am 

Thankyou BHA. Lets pick the ball up on this one and make a concerted effort to hit the message boards of all 92, fill Home Park. This is bigger than Plymouth Argyle and the whole football world needs to look at itself in the light of our own catastrophic goings on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:33 am 

Someone on North Stand chat has suggested 8th October instead - as being a day when there are no PL or CC games etc so could attract more fans from other Clubs and would give the event more impact.

It just happens to be Argyle's 125th anniversary weekend and, with the opponents being Accrington Stanley (the last big club to go under), what could be more appropriate in terms of emotion and potential media coverage.

Would this be too late? Obviously good to do something as soon as it can be organised but, as GreenMill pointed out on another thread, the players effectively bought us another six weeks yesterday...

However, Brighton guys are keen to do what they can, when they can and are even talking about a three-week build up - from Macclesfield, through Crawley, culminating on 8th.

What do we think? It wouldn't be too late to change now but, given the momentum this has got, it will be soon.

Resurgam
Trust member 004

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:41 am 

This is great stuff from the BHA fans. Something I think is incredibly important is that we don't raise incredibly divisive, contentious issues regarding what is happening at Argyle at the moment. Reading the thread on their forum, I see that someone from the trust has written something along the lines of ....we are still here thanks to all the hard work of the staff, players, trust and St Peter.
I think it is really important that we don't write anything as contentious as that at this very important time, even if it was completely tongue in cheek - the fact I wasn't sure myself doesn't deem well for how it will be interpreted by other fans. I think it should be removed immediately. It was written as though it represented what we as Argyle fans think and I know that isn't the case for many of us.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:44 am 

dbgreen wrote:
This is great stuff from the BHA fans. Something I think is incredibly important is that we don't raise incredibly divisive, contentious issues regarding what is happening at Argyle at the moment. Reading the thread on their forum, I see that someone from the trust has written something along the lines of ....we are still here thanks to all the hard work of the staff, players, trust and St Peter.
I think it is really important that we don't write anything as contentious as that at this very important time, even if it was completely tongue in cheek - the fact I wasn't sure myself doesn't deem well for how it will be interpreted by other fans. I think it should be removed immediately. It was written as though it represented what we as Argyle fans think and I know that isn't the case for many of us.

I posted that and what I said was: 'We live in hope and the Trust, Contingency Committee and all the supporters are working their asses off to sort this. Not to mention the fantastic staff, St Peter and all the squad.'

Not quite the same thing and I don't think many would disagree with those sentiments. Dbgreen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:48 am 

Thanks for the reply Celia. I'm not sure I understand though, can you explain what you mean by 'St Peter'? Does it refer to your religious beliefs and who you are praying to at this important time. If so, and I sincerely hope it is, it may be worth being more explicit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:05 am 

dbgreen wrote:
Thanks for the reply Celia. I'm not sure I understand though, can you explain what you mean by 'St Peter'? Does it refer to your religious beliefs and who you are praying to at this important time. If so, and I sincerely hope it is, it may be worth being more explicit.

Yes, actually.

Now I am off to Burton.

Resurgam
Trust member 004

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:17 am 

I would imagine that will be read with many raised eyebrows on that site and could do much harm.
But I'll reply to your 'Whatever' with my own if you aren't open to discussion!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:31 am 

dbgreen wrote:
I would imagine that will be read with many raised eyebrows on that site and could do much harm.

I'm sure Celia means Peter Reid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 am 

GreensOnScreen wrote:
dbgreen wrote:

I'm sure she does GOS, all I am saying is, at this very sensitive time, it may make sense to make that explicit - just say ...'and St Peter Reid'. Even as an Argyle fan I read it and thought WTF initially.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:39 am 

GreensOnScreen wrote:
dbgreen wrote:

That's how I took it..I don't see a problem with it dbg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:01 am 

Fantastic gesture... see football fans aren't all that bad!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:47 am 

pafc1985 wrote:
It's a very good idea and just looked on there and they are hoping to bring a coach load down!!!

I know Plymouth is a darn sight harder to get to than Brighton but having attended the original at The Goldstone all those years ago if word gets out you'll be gobsmacked where people have come from and just how far they've travelled. It's also very odd (but very humbling) to see the full rainbow of shirt colours standing side by side, united.

I'd expect Newcastle would bring a few given the friends we made at their celebrations, I expect Saints will bring no-one given they're 180 degree difference in attitude towards us at thier celebrations.

"The fans, united, will never be defeated" :cool:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next