Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Start of Season:

It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans Re-United-Support Is On Its Way
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 am 

X Isle wrote:
pafc1985 wrote:
It's a very good idea and just looked on there and they are hoping to bring a coach load down!!!

I know Plymouth is a darn sight harder to get to than Brighton but having attended the original at The Goldstone all those years ago if word gets out you'll be gobsmacked where people have come from and just how far they've travelled. It's also very odd (but very humbling) to see the full rainbow of shirt colours standing side by side, united.

I'd expect Newcastle would bring a few given the friends we made at their celebrations, I expect Saints will bring no-one given they're 180 degree difference in attitude towards us at thier celebrations.

"The fans, united, will never be defeated" :cool:

Maybe we could spread the word to Newcastle fans and try and get ome down here even though it's a long trip down here for them!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 am 

:clap: :clap: This brings a massive lump to the throat, for so long it has felt like no one gave a damn and that we were fighting this battle alone. Thank you BHA fans :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 am 

dbgreen wrote:
GreensOnScreen wrote:
dbgreen wrote:
I would imagine that will be read with many raised eyebrows on that site and could do much harm.
But I'll reply to your 'Whatever' with my own if you aren't open to discussion!

I'm sure Celia means Peter Reid.

I'm sure she does GOS, all I am saying is, at this very sensitive time, it may make sense to make that explicit - just say ...'and St Peter Reid'. Even as an Argyle fan I read it and thought WTF initially.

You're picking up on that? Seriously...!?

Move on to the bigger picture.

But RE: 8th October. I think personally that the 24th September is too far away for the media coverage of this as it is. But I also think that moving the date could be detrimental. Better to use the 24th to snowball for the 8th October in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:46 am 

I've posted this on NSC, but thought I'd ask for your opinion. How would you feel about using the 8th as a boycott day and everyone having a "celebration" in Home Park? If we get everyone there earlier enough then the players will surely spot it, as well as the board.

PS. Can you relocate Plymouth about 50 miles East so it's easier to get to? Thank you. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 am 

Woodchip wrote:
I've posted this on NSC, but thought I'd ask for your opinion. How would you feel about using the 8th as a boycott day and everyone having a "celebration" in Home Park? If we get everyone there earlier enough then the players will surely spot it, as well as the board.

PS. Can you relocate Plymouth about 50 miles East so it's easier to get to? Thank you. :)

I will try and move Plymouth 50 miles East for you :lol: and I won't be here on the 8th of October as I will be on holiday!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 am 

I think do the 24th as people are beginning to organize for that already. Keep the ball rolling and don't confuse the message.

Also do Crawley on the 1st October. It is near to London, and the Argyle away following in and around London has turned out in significant numbers over the years. A particular memory of mine was West Ham away in the Coca Cola when we were top 6 in the League under Holloway. Gosling, Norris, Ebanks Blake, Halmosi, etc. We matched them for 90 minutes 0-0, then Dean Ashton (strangely fit for once) scored in the 4th minute of injury time. The Green Army filled one end (5000? odd), and gave it beans the whole 90 minutes. If we could get half of them to Crawley plus a rainbow of other shirts we'd get some decent publicity. Also likely easier for everyone else's London exiles to get to Crawley than down to Home Park.

Then do the 8th as a follow up, celebration boycott, etc.

Another thought for all the games. Would it be possible to convince one of the big online betting companies to add an additional book for those three games. A spread bet book on the crowd size. It would be good publicity for them as showing support for grass roots football, and look what happened to the Aviva ad, what fan of any club in the country doesn't know the 'Green Army' chant. A chance for big business to give something back to football.

If a few people think this last might be a good idea, I'll see what contacts I can find.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:18 am 

mikes wrote:
I think do the 24th as people are beginning to organize for that already. Keep the ball rolling and don't confuse the message.

Also do Crawley on the 1st October. It is near to London, and the Argyle away following in and around London has turned out in significant numbers over the years. A particular memory of mine was West Ham away in the Coca Cola when we were top 6 in the League under Holloway. Gosling, Norris, Ebanks Blake, Halmosi, etc. We matched them for 90 minutes 0-0, then Dean Ashton (strangely fit for once) scored in the 4th minute of injury time. The Green Army filled one end (5000? odd), and gave it beans the whole 90 minutes. If we could get half of them to Crawley plus a rainbow of other shirts we'd get some decent publicity. Also likely easier for everyone else's London exiles to get to Crawley than down to Home Park.

Then do the 8th as a follow up, celebration boycott, etc.

Another thought for all the games. Would it be possible to convince one of the big online betting companies to add an additional book for those three games. A spread bet book on the crowd size. It would be good publicity for them as showing support for grass roots football, and look what happened to the Aviva ad, what fan of any club in the country doesn't know the 'Green Army' chant. A chance for big business to give something back to football.

If a few people think this last might be a good idea, I'll see what contacts I can find.

One thing's for sure, if our previous struggles are anything to go by, one event is not enough, nor are two. It needs to be every time your club plays a game until you get the ownership sorted out.

One campaign I'll never forget was our infamous Whistle Protest. Everybody was given (or bought their own) whistles into the ground and blew them for 90 minutes. Sounds a little soft but every reporter at the game had no choice but to mention it. The ref had the worst job in getting his whistle heard over a few thousand in the stands. It didn't change the world but it was one more thing to keep our plight up front in the papers.

Still got ringing in my ears from it :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:07 pm 

I have been asked by a fellow Argyle fan if there will be a coach coming down from Brighton to Plymouth for the 24th?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:13 pm 

pafc1985 wrote:
I have been asked by a fellow Argyle fan if there will be a coach coming down from Brighton to Plymouth for the 24th?

I think there will be. I'm guessing there'll be at least one, along with a number heading down by car or train.

Point everybody to the thread on NSC to keep up with how things are progressing-no need for them to register for viewing only.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:14 pm 

Thankyou and Will do.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:39 pm 

Ref: Build a bonfire

Build a bonfire, Build a bonfire,
Put THE 7 ON THE TOP,
Add HEANEY N GUILFUILE,
And we'll burn the f**king lot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:43 pm 

Lyndhurst Road End wrote:
Ref: Build a bonfire

Build a bonfire, Build a bonfire,
Put THE 7 ON THE TOP,
Add HEANEY N GUILFUILE,
And we'll burn the f**king lot.

I like that one!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:59 pm 

Am looking to fly down from Sunderland for this. Will spread the word amongst the Mackems, you never know a few might make the trip!

Fantastic idea from the BHA fans, just goes to show that when :hitfan: football supporters stick together.

PAFC forever

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next