Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy   IJN Payments
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fans Re-United-Support Is On Its Way
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:12 pm 
Couple of questions for people trying to liase with the Albion fans.

Has anybody been on their site and explained what one of the GT's fansfest involve? It's sure to attract more of them.

How many Albion fans can we accommodate at the fansfest?

Are fansfest regulars willing to give up their spaces for the Albion fans?

Can we lay on something else for fans we can't fit in?

Do we need to nominate one of two people to liase with BHA or do we want someone from the trust to do it? (Doesn't have to be)

Just some thoughts. I don't want to step on any toes if this is already in hand. I'm busy with trust stuff but will certainly help at the fans fest if required.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 pm 

Richard Blight wrote:

Has anybody been on their site and explained what one of the GT's fansfest involve? It's sure to attract more of them.

Do we need to nominate one of two people to liase with BHA or do we want someone from the trust to do it? (Doesn't have to be)

Just some thoughts. I don't want to step on any toes if this is already in hand. I'm busy with trust stuff but will certainly help at the fans fest if required.

Just a reminder, here's the thread on NSC

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?212719-Fans-Re-united-24th-September-Home-Park-Plymouth

All welcome and you'll be as up to date as anybody.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:11 pm 

It hasn't been updated in a while but there are a few ideas for your campaign on this site.

http://www.clubsincrisis.com/brighton/brighton_crisis_history.html

http://www.clubsincrisis.com/brighton/falmer.html#a12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 pm 

This is a great idea!!!! And a fantastic gesture from Brighton. Is there a Facebook link??? Cant seem to find it on this thread? Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:19 pm 

pafc1968 wrote:
This is a great idea!!!! And a fantastic gesture from Brighton. Is there a Facebook link??? Cant seem to find it on this thread? Cheers

Go to Facebook events, search for Fans reunited.

Or here :whistle: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=246878512021661

There is also a campaign going on Twitter to get the message out. #fansreunited

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:56 pm 

"Anyone remember FansUnited day @ Goldstone ground? Brighton fans are helping to organise fans(re)united day at Plymouth Argyle 24th Sept."

Just tweeted by @Hellsbellsy (Helen Chamberlain from SoccerAM) :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:23 pm 

Richard Blight wrote:

I have been liasing with the organiser of this and we are going to be speaking to each other very soon!!!

Chris.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:55 pm 

Have you had a protest march through Plymouth yet?

We marched from Brighton Station to The Goldstone, taking in the main shopping street in Brighton. That got the attention of a lot of fans who were unaware of the seriousness of our situation. I think we had about a thousand (maybe more) and it was both good natured and angry at the same time. The important thing was that loads of Albion fans suddenly woke up and our protests got bigger and stronger.

Might be worth thinking about and doesn't take too long to organise. Your next home game would be possible if you get moving although I'm not sure if you need police clearance. Print a few thousand leaflets and hand them out as you march through Plymouth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:56 pm 

Sorry, just realised that it might seem as though we're trying to take over-we're not btw.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:18 pm 

Have posted the msg around on some Villa boards to try and get a few more supporters out for the day.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:47 pm 

gosbts wrote:

We marched from Brighton Station to The Goldstone, taking in the main shopping street in Brighton. That got the attention of a lot of fans who were unaware of the seriousness of our situation. I think we had about a thousand (maybe more) and it was both good natured and angry at the same time. The important thing was that loads of Albion fans suddenly woke up and our protests got bigger and stronger.

Might be worth thinking about and doesn't take too long to organise. Your next home game would be possible if you get moving although I'm not sure if you need police clearance. Print a few thousand leaflets and hand them out as you march through Plymouth.

We have tried marches from the city centre to Home Park passing by the train station three times but there is never that many that turn out for it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:03 pm 

pafc1985 wrote:
gosbts wrote:

We have tried marches from the city centre to Home Park passing by the train station three times but there is never that many that turn out for it.

When was your last one, just out of interest?

Again, out of interest, what other things have you done so far? Only asking so we don't suggest things you've already done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:12 pm 

pafc1985 wrote:
gosbts wrote:

I think it is fair to say that as a fanbase we have found it difficult to quantify exactly what we are marching in favour of, or against. With so many different views on how to proceed it has been hard to all get united behind one message.

E.g. A 'save the club' march would not be attractive to me as it implies that we are happy for the club to be 'saved' by Heaney and Ridsdale. I and many others would rather the club started again than let them get their paws on it.

Similarly a 'Heaney/BIL out' march would not attract those that think the club should be saved at all costs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next