Page 4 of 5

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 13:54 22 Oct 2011
by Mazza26
Green_Matt wrote:
Tony Campbell wrote: I just wish to add that I was humbled and not intimidated into this decision and any thanks should go to Gary, Ian and the Green Taverners.

Hopefully you agree that the right thing will have been done in ensuring the club moves out of administration, thanks in no small part to the sacrifices made by fans and ex-staff. However, I hope that any ill will you may bear once the dust settles will be for the people who are responsible for this mess and the way it has been handled, and not the club, be it James Brent, the supporters or the staff. You would not be alone in that or in wanting quuestions to be answered fully and honestly, although I'm not hopefull that we will ever receive satisfactory explanations for some of what has gone on over the past year.


Thank you Tony!

The above is a great post, although i'd say explainations for what has gone on over the past 3 years. I think there are a handful of people that have so far got away with some serious sh*t. Before the Administrators, before Heaney, before Ridsdale, before these last 9 months.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 14:18 22 Oct 2011
by Phil Mallett
pilgrimmike1 wrote:
Tony Campbell wrote: I just wish to add that I was humbled and not intimidated into this decision and any thanks should go to Gary, Ian and the Green Taverners.

Anyone who can put their own moral principles aside for the greater good of our club deserves our thanks,but I also concur Ian, Gary and the GT'S also played a blinder and should also be recognised so big,big thanks to them also. :clap: :clap:


:iagree: Thank you Tony :clap:

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 16:22 22 Oct 2011
by PL2 3DQ
Tony, thank you for putting the football club before yourself and your situation.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 16:24 22 Oct 2011
by GreenSam
PL2 3DQ wrote: Tony, thank you for putting the football club before yourself and your situation.

Well said and thank you so much Tony. Let's just hope Mr Reid can do the same.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 16:41 22 Oct 2011
by Steve Bond
MAZZA26 wrote:
Green_Matt wrote:
Tony Campbell wrote: I just wish to add that I was humbled and not intimidated into this decision and any thanks should go to Gary, Ian and the Green Taverners.

Hopefully you agree that the right thing will have been done in ensuring the club moves out of administration, thanks in no small part to the sacrifices made by fans and ex-staff. However, I hope that any ill will you may bear once the dust settles will be for the people who are responsible for this mess and the way it has been handled, and not the club, be it James Brent, the supporters or the staff. You would not be alone in that or in wanting quuestions to be answered fully and honestly, although I'm not hopefull that we will ever receive satisfactory explanations for some of what has gone on over the past year.


Thank you Tony!

The above is a great post, although i'd say explainations for what has gone on over the past 3 years. I think there are a handful of people that have so far got away with some serious sh*t. Before the Administrators, before Heaney, before Ridsdale, before these last 9 months.


I agree, i'd like some answers, as to how a club the size of Argo, goes from Solvent to the verge of liquidation in 3 years. Don't think that we'll get it, although with the amount Stapes has lost in this, maybe he'll write a book.

Thanks Tony, come on Reidy.

Tony, any chance of a book? Be a chance to explain the situation, once the dust settles.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 16:59 22 Oct 2011
by Kevin_Gollop
Tony Campbell wrote: I just wish to add that I was humbled and not intimidated into this decision and any thanks should go to Gary, Ian and the Green Taverners.


I'm not going to comment on the rights and wrongs of the situation, as quite simply I do not know enough to make a judgement. However, it is clear that you have made sacrifices for the benefit of the club, and for that you have my thanks - as of course do the 298 others. The reason for your change of heart is a great one, the work done by these boys to raise money for the staff is simply top notch!

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 17:00 22 Oct 2011
by tigertony
Thankyou Tony :clap: :clap: (splendid name)

When an army goes on the march there is an aim or objective. To reach that objective some soldiers run and jump the hurdles, some walk and climb over the hurdles, some need a pull over the hurdles and some need a kick to get over the hurdles. The whole army will, somehow, get over all the hurdles.
BUT .. how the army achieved the objective is best analysed once it has been achieved. Only then can some soldiers tell the rest that they were struggling because they had been forced to wear boots 4 sizes too small.

Lets get there .. then we can tell some stories.


Whether Wolverhampton or Ebbsfleet - always a green

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 17:04 22 Oct 2011
by esmer
Fantastic gesture - well done.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 17:19 22 Oct 2011
by harry's sandwich
Thanks Tony, you're a gentleman.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 17:22 22 Oct 2011
by Pottypilgrim
I appreciate the 'u-turn' as well - many thanks. :clap: There is a part of me though that wonders if we've been played... :think: In some peoples eyes TC has a few bridges to build and the situation did present him with a perfect way to do it. The speed of the change of heart does make me wonder...

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 17:30 22 Oct 2011
by green eyed monster
Pottypilgrim wrote: I appreciate the 'u-turn' as well - many thanks. :clap: There is a part of me though that wonders if we've been played... :think: In some peoples eyes TC has a few bridges to build and the situation did present him with a perfect way to do it. The speed of the change of heart does make me wonder...

The way I see it he could have just kept quiet, fair play to him for telling us what he is up to,

There are a lot of comments on here about a lack of communication, TC can't be accused of that

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 17:33 22 Oct 2011
by Pottypilgrim
green eyed monster wrote:
Pottypilgrim wrote: I appreciate the 'u-turn' as well - many thanks. :clap: There is a part of me though that wonders if we've been played... :think: In some peoples eyes TC has a few bridges to build and the situation did present him with a perfect way to do it. The speed of the change of heart does make me wonder...

The way I see it he could have just kept quiet, fair play to him for telling us what he is up to,

There are a lot of comments on here about a lack of communication, TC can't be accused of that


Exactly.

Re: Morals aside

Posted: 18:12 22 Oct 2011
by Ian Newell
green eyed monster wrote: look forward to seeing you at HP again


Amen to that, and I'd be one of the many, many people that would buy you a drink.

True fan, true green and true gentleman.