Page 1 of 6

Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 19:16 03 Nov 2011
by Chris Webb
Hi All

I bet you thought that you'd seen the last of these :)

Just a quick note to say that the CP group will be meeting James Brent tomorrow to look at short term engagement with supporters.

The 2 key factors for needing something short term are

1. The Club has a lot of other things to concentrate on so putting together a formal structure would be difficult at this point.

2. The Trust is is a transitional period so also needs time to get policies / strategies in place.

Therefore it seemed common sense for the CP committee to be consulted tomorrow.

In attendance will be the core members of the CP committee. Given that I have now stepped down from the Trust, Gareth Nicholson will be there tomorrow as Warren was unavailable.

As always feedback to supporters will be provided.

Chris

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 19:26 03 Nov 2011
by Ian Newell
Perhaps Chris should have declared that we are being treated to lunch at one of JB's hotels. :greensmile:

THE first perk ever. :lol:

No doubt somebody will be on to fill everyone in on details later in the day.

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 19:30 03 Nov 2011
by Laughter My Ploy
IJN wrote: Perhaps Chris should have declared that we are being treated to lunch at one of JB's hotels. :greensmile:

THE first perk ever. :lol:

No doubt somebody will be on to fill everyone in on details later in the day.


Watch out for Heaney and his minders 'accidentally' being there at the same time as an act of revenge

At least we know why you all did what you did now....to get a seat at the top table

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 20:01 03 Nov 2011
by Ian Newell
:greensmile:

I must admit I forgot them (they were a tad stale though). :lol:

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 20:15 03 Nov 2011
by Moist_Von_Lipwig
Chris Webb wrote: Hi All

I bet you thought that you'd seen the last of these :)

Just a quick note to say that the CP group will be meeting James Brent tomorrow to look at short term engagement with supporters.

Why?

The 2 key factors for needing something short term are

1. The Club has a lot of other things to concentrate on so putting together a formal structure would be difficult at this point.

Naturally, it's early days.

2. The Trust is is a transitional period so also needs time to get policies / strategies in place.

So let Warren etc get on with it.

Therefore it seemed common sense for the CP committee to be consulted tomorrow.

Why?

In attendance will be the core members of the CP committee. Given that I have now stepped down from the Trust, Gareth Nicholson will be there tomorrow as Warren was unavailable.

As always feedback to supporters will be provided.

Chris


Chris, you did a great job and stood down. The CPers did a great job and "job done".

I thought that the whole idea was that the Trust would be the fans "engagers" with the club. To me this now seems that the CPers are taking over the Trust? I really don't see a need for this as time must be given to Warren etc to come up to speed.

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 20:24 03 Nov 2011
by Ian Newell
Oh dear JV, can you not read between the lines rather than write between them.

The word 'short term' was used for the very reason Chris has described.

JB wants to see us, wants to talk to us and talk about the handover perhaps.

Gareth is there as Woz can't make it.

What do yo expect, JB to disengage with those he has befriended (his word not mine) and sit in front of a single new man.

I'm not sure what you're agenda is, but I know you're not daft, so why such daft questions.

This isn't a time for prevaricating, we need to move on and not sit on our arses waiting for the grass to grow.

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 20:33 03 Nov 2011
by tigertony
In my view JB has saved OUR club ! :greensmile:

JB says 'jump' ........ we all say ''.. how high''

Anyone needing a tie for lunch I've got loads !!! :lol:

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 20:34 03 Nov 2011
by Moist_Von_Lipwig
No agenda at all Ian. I just find it strange that there is a need for a short term strategy (I suppose it depends on the interpretation of short term). Let the Trust get on with it. It's only 3 or 4 days since the takeover!

If it's about fundraising, the let the GTs and yourself deal with it.

What "handover" by the way.

I await the feedback and news of any "appointments" (suspicion, not agenda).

If I do have any agenda, it's that I want to see an independent Trust that has it's objectives well defined, and is the official fan's mouthpiece. Then I'll join. At this time, I don't see that.

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 21:10 03 Nov 2011
by Gary McGuire
The cp'ers the trust , pasoti , chris webb and gt/s are all as 1 and the sooner we engage with jb as the new owner the better

gary gt/s

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 21:50 03 Nov 2011
by monkeywrench
greengenes wrote:
uncle buck wrote: The cp'ers the trust , pasoti , chris webb and gt/s are all as 1 and the sooner we engage with jb as the new owner the better

gary gt/s


Exactly why find problems when all anyone wants to do is get the Club on its,feet asap .


This.

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 22:02 03 Nov 2011
by plymptonpilgreen
tigertony wrote: In my view JB has saved OUR club ! :greensmile:

JB says 'jump' ........ we all say ''.. how high''

Anyone needing a tie for lunch I've got loads !!! :lol:
Couldnt agree more.
The cp wasnt just for christmas,its for life...... :lol:

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 22:13 03 Nov 2011
by Wilfredo
John_Vaughan wrote: No agenda at all Ian. I just find it strange that there is a need for a short term strategy (I suppose it depends on the interpretation of short term). Let the Trust get on with it. It's only 3 or 4 days since the takeover!

If it's about fundraising, the let the GTs and yourself deal with it.

What "handover" by the way.

I await the feedback and news of any "appointments" (suspicion, not agenda).

If I do have any agenda, it's that I want to see an independent Trust that has it's objectives well defined, and is the official fan's mouthpiece. Then I'll join. At this time, I don't see that.


J V is right, "it's that I want to see an independent Trust that has it's objectives well defined".
Have the meeting and then sit down and sort the objectives/strategies out. Then publish the results for all to see, after all the fans need to know what is on the agenda for the future. That's assuming it hasn't already been done, but then it couldn't have, because we would all had the chance to see it already.

Re: Contingency Group Meeting tomorrow

Posted: 23:00 03 Nov 2011
by Flagman
Hi Ian / J V and the rest

JV has a point about the Trust being independent. I saw the reason for Chris leaving the chair post was because he was too close to the new owner to be effective as a questioning voice.

We have been saved for that we are all truly thankful, but unlike the 'jump, how high' comment I disagree.

The trust can and should raise questions (when necessary), they should be a link between the common fan and the owners, after all we learnt what Argyle mean to so many people and so many people have also done their bit to save our club.

I definitely don't have an issue with a meeting tomorrow between the trust and JB, in fact its vital that such meetings take place. JB needs fans to get behind the club as much as possible and the people like Ian and co are just the type of fan that can galvanise our support, learn and understand how we can actively support our club.

JV is right to use this thread to air his fear about how the trust will function, that is a big part of what these boards are all about after all. But at the same time I feel we will all benefit from such a meeting.

Just my musings, ignore as you see fit.