Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 29 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Mar 8, 2016
BHS":cghin9yw said:
Army green":cghin9yw said:
It Just feels like argyle didn't act quick enough to sign him on a longer deal. Not sure why this didn't happen but it became pretty obvious pretty soon that he was a kind of player that we would want to keep for longer. Maybe if argyle were a little more proactive then we would have had him on a longer deal by now, instead of losing out to a club that will pay him more money because of course he's going to leave for more money and closer to home. We would all do the same.
I do agree with the sentiment of your post, however whats to say he would have been willing to sign an extended deal if offered earlier?
How I see it is that we gave him an opportunity when we were rock bottom, he lifted the team, its no coincidence that Songo and Carey started to perform. He stood out as a class above at the Blackburn Rovers game. He has put himself in the shop window, I suspect that Sunderland have offered him a short term deal. I hope he signs on, I feel it is very unlikely and the pull of his family will be too much.
Can DA find an adequate replacement?

There is obviously still no guarantees he would have signed if a contract was offered earlier but I do feel it would have given us the best possible chance as it would have offered him more security sooner prior to having more options put in front of him. Look I maybe completely wide of the mark, maybe his whole intention was to just use argyle to put himself in the shop window for a club more suitable to his personal life. Fair play to him because he's done exactly that.

Aug 5, 2016
We were lucky to have Toums when we needed him. He's hardly done it all by himself in terms of goals and assists, but the confidence his presence gives the team is undeniable. We'll have money to spend on a decent replacement if he goes.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":bvslrv4c said:
No not all, he simply brings the same crap in almost every post.

If you can't spot it then I nothing but sympathy for you.

Do keep up.

I am at least polite to other posters, IJN. It's a good habit to get into.

In this instance I was simply pointing out what the Herald have written "the board have been unable to offer a package which rivals those made elsewhere".

What's crap about that ?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You said we had the worst budget, that was never said.

You said that McHugh went for better money, he didn't.

It's what you do.

I think troll is unfair actually, I don't think you mean to be, but your posts have the same effect.

I apologise for saying that.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
After 33 pages of speculation it appears that nobody knows anything ! How do we know argyle haven’t been in discussions with him for ages ? Has the agent been touting a move for weeks ? There is much that goes on behind the scenes that the supporters don’t know about.

Sep 6, 2006
Argy1e":xi6p6xc2 said:
IJN":xi6p6xc2 said:
He played very well on New Years Day, marked the Midland Messi out of the game I thought.
After the first ten games there was a lot of people saying he'd been our best player this season! Some people have short memories.

Really? Does that include Scunthorpe when he cost us the game with a stupid red card and the following 3 games when he was suspended?

Jan 27, 2012
Anyhow back to Diagouraga, if he really is going to another club then surely he wouldn't want to play on Saturday ? If he got injured it could scupper his move ? He might have played his last game.

Sep 6, 2006
Jannerbear":194cji5v said:
There’s no doubt this will be a significant set-back. Diagouraga proved himself to be a major upgrade on the likes of Ness and Sarcevic in the middle of the park.
We’ll struggle to get anyone anywhere near as good with the money we’re offering

Pilgrim Pete is an upgrade on Sarcevic and Ness. Toums is a Championship player, so always vulnerable to being poached. Some of Adams signings have been League 2 standard. Can't he just find a decent League 1 player?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

You can’t blame Toums for wanting to be closer to his family and in all walks of life, football included, money talks. Combine family and money and it’s hard to see a reason to stay if you take the green tinted specs off.

I don’t agree with people questioning the budget though. We have no idea as to the details of these talks, or the talks he may have had with other clubs. We don’t even know who the other clubs are. We can’t compete we everyone and I’m Bury aren’t in to contention to sign him.

For me, he’s one of our best players. His football brain is head and shoulders above the rest of the team and it’s easy to see why there’s been interest. He’s pretty slow for a central midfield these days but he reads the game incredibly well and does the simple things right on a consistent basis. I don’t think you can say the same for any of our other players.

He seems to have really taken to the club and the fans him. I’ve really enjoyed watching him play and wish him luck should Saturday be his last game. Hopefully it isn’t.

If it is though Adams has a big task on his hands in finding a replacement. It struck me as an opportunistic signin at the time, when we really needed a change. Perhaps Toums was waiting through the window to evaluate his options? Whether or not a suitable replacement is available I don’t know but Adams will need to find one. Hopefully he’s already started looking.