Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
MarkMatthews":26kgjhxt said:
Let us not over floss the fact this is, regardless of our opinions, on whether Callum is better than Jordan or not, a massive two fingers up to Jordan Bentley, who has been played at RB and who is naturally a CH! No interest in Callum, no interest in Bentley, in Adams I distrust! This surely confirms he won’t continue with Jordan, Jordz comes in for more stick than Callum but in terms of character he is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards for me, I will really miss watching him. Really disappointed him or Callum won’t be here next season!

I read your posts Mark but I have never been able to work out where you are coming from!

Are you in football management, if so, what are your qualifications or are you a very disgruntled parent whose prodigy didn't make the grade?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’m completely fed up of this.

It’s very, very simple. Zak Vyner has been judged to be a much better player than Jordan Bentley or Callum Rose.

Again, I don’t mean to demean Mark’s opinions, but he recently stated that he’d also take either of those players over tonight’s starting 17 year old Chelsea centre back Ethan Ampadu. If that’s not an indication of how... ‘compromised’ his views are, I don’t know what is.

Feb 8, 2005
MarkMatthews":1pjxakzr said:
MarkMatthews":1pjxakzr said:
Let us not over gloss the fact this is, regardless of our opinions, on whether Callum is better than Jordan or not, a massive two fingers up to Jordan Bentley, who has been played at RB and who is naturally a CH! No interest in Callum, no interest in Bentley, in Adams I distrust! This surely confirms he won’t continue with Jordan, Jordz comes in for more stick than Callum but in terms of character he is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards for me, I will really miss watching him. Really disappointed him or Callum won’t be here next season!

I feel that you are a bit TOO close to the youngsters, Mark, and your judgement is being clouded as a result.

Our previous sets of youngsters, and I would imagine, our current set of youngsters are not good enough and have and/or will be been discarded.

That is the nature of the beast, especially as we climb the football ladder and require better quality from the youngsters.

Occasionally there is talent who, if they have the correct attitude, the work ethic and the right nurturing, then they MAY get the opportunity of becoming a possible first team selection.

This is not the norm.

Any local football talent is usually poached at an early stage and does not get the opportunity to progress through Argyle, albeit they get the same opportunity through another football/premiership Academy.

Therefore Argyle are left with the leftovers, and, regardless of how good the teachers are, the norm is that they will not make the grade.

The professionals know what they are doing, and they normally make the right decision about the youngsters who may have been with Argyle for ten years or more. I don't think they have made too many mistakes so far.

Most, if not all of every year's intake will NOT make the grade.

Your enthusiasm for the youngsters is commendable, but unfortunately misplaced.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Simple maths

Top 4 divisions in England - let's say a first team squad of 30 (far too high)
92 teams - 2760 players in total (call it 2800 to make the maths easier)
Age span of those players 18-32 (few will go on longer but few will drop out sooner) 14 years
2800 players, 14 "years" - 200 players per age group or 2 and a bit per team.
The Premiership teams have youth set ups of teams - 20 players per age group (minimum)
The Premiership are therefore producing 400 youngsters per annum
Even assuming there is no foreign influx, the premiership alone are throwing away 350 youngsters every year
Will those be better than those of a division 1 team - most likely.

It's like panning for gold in a river that's been searched hundreds of time before. There is a chance of finding gold but it's minimal.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
MarkMatthews":3tti9dvk said:
Let us not over floss the fact this is, regardless of our opinions, on whether Callum is better than Jordan or not, a massive two fingers up to Jordan Bentley, who has been played at RB and who is naturally a CH! No interest in Callum, no interest in Bentley, in Adams I distrust! This surely confirms he won’t continue with Jordan, Jordz comes in for more stick than Callum but in terms of character he is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards for me, I will really miss watching him. Really disappointed him or Callum won’t be here next season!

:yawn:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Argyle Nutter":ecr736x6 said:
MarkMatthews":ecr736x6 said:

:yawn:

How fudging rude :banghead:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":1334yqkr said:
Jordz comes in for more stick than Callum but in terms of character he is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards for me.

Last one from me, as it feels like Mark could get getting slightly ganged up on here...

But when you say 'Jordz' is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards, what exactly does that mean? I'm sure Josh Richards is a great lad and a talented footballer, but am I right in saying he's now playing in Sweden's fourth tier (an admirable career decision but a much lower standard than the English fourth tier)?

I know you've only referenced his character and not ability, but would you recognise that perhaps you've underestimated what's required to be in the first team at a fairly major English professional football club aiming to play in the Championship?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":2cu2hrg8 said:
Simple maths

Age span of those players 18-32 (few will go on longer but few will drop out sooner) 14 years
The Premiership teams have youth set ups of teams - 20 players per age group (minimum)
Even assuming there is no foreign influx, the premiership alone are throwing away 350 youngsters every year

It's like panning for gold in a river that's been searched hundreds of time before. There is a chance of finding gold but it's minimal.

Then apart from the kudos of beating a Man City or Burnley once in a blue moon, what is the point. Would not the money spent in the academy be better spent on established first team players? I contribute to all the academy fundraising on PASOTI and to the Big Green Lottery, so no agenda from me, just what I consider to be a valid question. Academies are not compulsory. :twisted:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
justanotherfan":1uvztwuo said:
Mark Pedlar":1uvztwuo said:
Simple maths

Then apart from the kudos of beating a Man City or Burnley once in a blue moon, what is the point. Would not the money spent in the academy be better spent on established first team players? I contribute to all the academy fundraising on PASOTI and to the Big Green Lottery, so no agenda from me, just what I consider to be a valid question. Academies are not compulsory. :twisted:

I applaud you completely but yes - I see no point in an academy for Argyle in their current position.

Oct 24, 2010
MarkMatthews":357h7m0m said:
Your support of our youth players is commendable but I do think you underestimate the step up from the level at which they play and and league football. A fact that always underlines this to me is that I went to Plympton Grammar School (now Hele) and to the best of my knowledge over the years not one pupil from that school has ever made it in professional football. The standard of professional football is immense and it amuses me when you get posters deriding the likes of Gary Miller as rubbish when he is a thousand times better footballer than they ever were or ever will be.