Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected

May 1, 2011
Aaron D.":g0wrd9p2 said:
I criticised Adams on mis judging what was needed for League 1. I ate humble pie when he turned it around and I trust him now to make signings and keep essential players so we remain on our upward trajectory or at least remain mid table until we can strengthen further in the summer.

I think Adams has released Ciftci and Blissett because they are just not good enough and/or they will never fit into Adam's preferred formation. I guess he's confident he will sign one or two forwards who will improve our squad and fight tooth and nail to keep Taylor. In order to do that, Taylor must be offered improved terms.

As much as we are all desperate to see incoming players, we can only judge this transfer window when it has closed.

Pretty good points, Ciftci and Blissett either weren't good enough or just didn't fit the system. Ciftci may be a good player, we just don't know really as we never really saw him play in a system that suited him.

I'd like Argyle to offer Taylor a 2 year deal improved deal, it's time we upped our wage bill to keep decent players at the club.

May 1, 2011
Tugboat":1vi7hamy said:
I think Blissett moved for the sake of his career. Adams would probably have kept him as an option but Blissett deserved more game time than he was getting.

Blissett is an honest trier, but not a league 1 player. He was well out of his depth at this level.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
We’d be a bit stuffed if Taylor left now!! (Understatement of the season?!)

Hope he’s happy here and we can get him on a new 2 year deal in the summer. Integral front part of the current system used by Adams. As well as holding the ball up well and bringing others into play he’s also a tidy finisher, as evidenced against Walsall.

Feb 8, 2005
The Club may well have a further 12 month extension option when his contract expires in the Summer.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jimsing":3730smo7 said:
The Club may well have a further 12 month extension option when his contract expires in the Summer.

Then why the state secret?

End the speculation and say if that’s the case.

Jul 18, 2011
Why should the club do that? It’s in their interests to keep details of deals away from other clubs if you want to hang onto your better players.

It’s only people here speculating and it’s really nothing to do with us as we do not have the slightest say in it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Yeah that’s a good idea. Keep the clubs fan base as mushrooms.

Whilst we’re at it why not play matches behind closed doors but still charge for tickets

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Tugboat":2yl7gv29 said:

Whilst we’re at it why not play matches behind closed doors but still charge for tickets

Tell us all the terms of your employment contract Tuggers.

Taylor’s contract will be confidential and you and I as fans are not entitled to know what it says unless both parties agree.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Daz":1n9ndhzt said:
Tugboat":1n9ndhzt said:

Taylor’s contract will be confidential and you and I as fans are not entitled to know what it says unless both parties agree.

I’m not a public figure working for a club with a hugh fan base heavily financed by said fan base.

I’m not asking for details on how much he earns. I’m saying IF the club offered terms that included an extra year option then why not say ‘his contact expires in 6 months and the club have the option of extending it by 12 months’?

It’s connecting with supporters and rewarding them with information regarding to what they help finance and support.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Tugboat":14ens7t5 said:
Daz":14ens7t5 said:
Tugboat":14ens7t5 said:

I’m not a public figure working for a club with a hugh fan base heavily financed by said fan base.

I’m not asking for details on how much he earns. I’m saying IF the club offered terms that included an extra year option then why not say ‘his contact expires in 6 months and the club have the option of extending it by 12 months’?

It’s connecting with supporters and rewarding them with information regarding to what they help finance and support.

Perhaps they wont release details as they are working on a new deal? Fingers crossed.

The problem with social media (including pasoti) is that we all want all of the information instantly (as that's what we are used to) even if we aren't entitled to it. I'm sure back in the day we (i say we, but i really mean people of IJN's age) first heard about these type of things the day after it happened when it was reported in the Evening Herald.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Daz":28x89xfe said:
Tugboat":28x89xfe said:
Daz":28x89xfe said:
Tugboat":28x89xfe said:

Perhaps they wont release details as they are working on a new deal? Fingers crossed.

The problem with social media (including pasoti) is that we all want all of the information instantly (as that's what we are used to) even if we aren't entitled to it. I'm sure back in the day we (i say we, but i really mean people of IJN's age) first heard about these type of things the day after it happened when it was reported in the Evening Herald.

I agree with the social media and that in turn gives us that ‘speculation’ euphoria which then drives the need for said information.

Vicious circle of trying to respond/reject/react to unwanted interest in our players

Tugboat":si06pxeo said:
Daz":si06pxeo said:
Tugboat":si06pxeo said:

Fair point. In simpler times (1980s and early 1990s for me), we as fans were told the length of contracts when a new player signed, we also were told the signing on fee. I think the money created by the premier league changed all that.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aaron D.":2g1eec4e said:
Tugboat":2g1eec4e said:
Daz":2g1eec4e said:
Tugboat":2g1eec4e said:

Fair point. In simpler times (1980s and early 1990s for me), we as fans were told the length of contracts when a new player signed, we also were told the signing on fee. I think the money created by the premier league changed all that.

That’s the problem. These days the clubs want everything financially related to be kept completely undisclosed.

It feels like there keeping secrets from its supporters and feels untrustworthy.

Why can’t they be transparent if they have nothing to hide?

Jan 30, 2017
Tugboat":2gjsaxs0 said:
Aaron D.":2gjsaxs0 said:
Daz":2gjsaxs0 said:

That’s the problem. These days the clubs want everything financially related to be kept completely undisclosed.

It feels like there keeping secrets from its supporters and feels untrustworthy.

Why can’t they be transparent if they have nothing to hide?

My understanding is the transfer fees element of this discussion is actually dictated by EFL policy.