Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Feb 28, 2016
davie nine":yynb98je said:
MarkMatthews":yynb98je said:
I still think Tyler is in a strong position to come back, if he has another season like he he is having at that level, I see no reason other than Tyler not wanting it stopping him. River, I could be wrong but I think he is just enjoying a normal lifestyle of an early twenty-something lad, probably wonā€™t come back into full time football, got a good job and a young family, nothing but respect for the bloke, I still think if things had gone the other way he had the skills, attitude and aptitude to have made it, just ran out of luck. Louis is only in his first season after release. Getting released is like falling down a mountain from near the peak and falling back to base camp the setback should not be underestimated, if they donā€™t come back itā€™s not to say they could never have made it. I donā€™t expect everyone to make it, I personally think the last couple of years, theyā€™ve all deserved a chance, but one regularly starting in the first team would be a start!

Donā€™t really ever remember bigging up Jamie Richards to the extent of those two however?
He probably meant Josh Richards who you mentioned earlier in this thread.
I watched him a few times; he took most free kicks and corners but he never looked enthusiastic when he ambled across to take corners.

Fair enough if he meant Josh who I still think very highly of, I only mentioned him because a lot of people say Callum is better than Jordan and I was just bigging up what I like about Jordan. Only a fag paper between the two for my money, but I do like watching Jordan and like the other two I mentioned, away from ability, they do make me smile when I watch them, they are maverick and I like that, I think we should have room for that, otherwise football will be very dull to watch.

As for Ty, itā€™s inevitable he will come up (and for the record it was someone presumably, from the anti Harvey side who sarcastically brought him in to it,) he was made the poster boy by both sides of the argument so it often comes back to him. Believe me I wish it didnā€™t as it does mean we end up going around in circles, entrenched in our positions which will never change, but I will always respond in his defence because I still think he is a great bloke and a talented footballer.

As for Ampadu, I can only comment on what Iā€™ve seen. Perhaps if Jordan or Callum were lucky enough to have had the superb coaching of Paul Tisdale, they could be playing in Europe, thin margins as they say.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":3rloyuts said:
Tugboat":3rloyuts said:
Derek speaks..

ā€œHe had to stay at Bristol City for their last two cup games.
ā€œBristol City were waiting to get a player in before they released him, and they have been able to do that.
ā€œHeā€™s a player I have tried to sign a few times. Bristol City like him as a player and heā€™s come here to get some game-time.
ā€œHeā€™s more of a centre-back who can play right-back at this moment in time. They have got high hopes for him playing at centre-back.ā€

Despite what DA says, I totally dislike short-arsed CBs. He will need to put some fertiliser in Vyner's boots unless he consistently can leap like a salmon

I don't suppose you followed the career of Fabio Cannavaro?

5' 9" CB who won the World Cup as captain with Italy in 2006, the same year he won the Ballon d'Or aged 33. In his spare time he played for Napoli, Parma, Inter Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid, and represented Italy on 136 occasions.

In the 2006 semi final against Germany he beat Per Mertesacker to a header, height and physicality doesn't necessarily beat timing and judgement.

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Knibbsworth":3psaitk7 said:
Quintrell_Green":3psaitk7 said:
Tugboat":3psaitk7 said:
Derek speaks..

ā€œHe had to stay at Bristol City for their last two cup games.
ā€œBristol City were waiting to get a player in before they released him, and they have been able to do that.
ā€œHeā€™s a player I have tried to sign a few times. Bristol City like him as a player and heā€™s come here to get some game-time.
ā€œHeā€™s more of a centre-back who can play right-back at this moment in time. They have got high hopes for him playing at centre-back.ā€

Despite what DA says, I totally dislike short-arsed CBs. He will need to put some fertiliser in Vyner's boots unless he consistently can leap like a salmon

I don't suppose you followed the career of Fabio Cannavaro?

5' 9" CB who won the World Cup as captain with Italy in 2006, the same year he won the Ballon d'Or aged 33. In his spare time he played for Napoli, Parma, Inter Milan, Juventus and Real Madrid, and represented Italy on 136 occasions.

In the 2006 semi final against Germany he beat Per Mertesacker to a header, height and physicality doesn't necessarily beat timing and judgement.
By all means deliver your counter view but stop short of being so pompous, especially to a most polite and moderate poster like Quintrell Green who doesn't deserve your smug delivery.