Simon Church (signs - confirmed) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Simon Church (signs - confirmed)

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Abbotts Ann Green":2fglql8t said:
oldage":2fglql8t said:
Pearces greens, you ask what some of us expect? We expect our Manager to sign players who want to play for us, who have RECENTLY played and can preferably score goals.I am fed up with supporters who accept second best because "we are old division 3" .Granted we do not have the financial clout of some others but we can boast better attendances than most yet we only seem to go for waifs and strays,players who are free agents or "have baggage".
As I said earlier I cannot believe that Church was that high on our wanted list

Pretty much describes Carey when we first signed him.....

Yep. So many on here know so much better than our manager does, that's for sure.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
If its back up to Taylor then fair enough but if we lose Taylor and he is the main man I'm not so impressed unless a "big" signing is imminent but I think we all know that's unlikely to happen.

We still need to strengthen the team so I hope we have more irons in the fire as time is pressing on although I do get it will go down to the last day probably with little Olde Argo being their 3rd choice in the "clearing" process

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think that’s the issue, no ‘big’ signing would be realistic in playing back up to Taylor.

Off the scale in terms of ability but it’s a similar situation to Kane at Spurs. They will naturally struggle to bring in a ‘big’ signing CF to play second fiddle to Kane. It has to be someone willing to be patient and play a bit part if/when required.

I’m not excited by Church but i understand the logic of it.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oldage":31e7po5w said:
I'm not saying he's rubbish I'm saying I cannot believe we have waited 19 days to hear that we have signed Church.There must be better players available surely? Church might have been wonderful for Reading but how long ago.Like is often said "we are all entitled to our opinions" and I just hope he proves me wrong.

Obviously there are better players `available`, but Mr Adams turned them all down to sign Simon Church, an obvious tactic from a manager who hasn`t got a clue, just look at his pathetic record at HP. Why don`t all you doomongers wait until he has actually played for us before giving opinions. I don`t know if he will be successful for us, but I wait and hope, let`s give an experienced, international the opportunity to impress. :twisted:

Oct 24, 2013
oldage":le1jivgg said:
Pearces greens, you ask what some of us expect? We expect our Manager to sign players who want to play for us, who have RECENTLY played and can preferably score goals.I am fed up with supporters who accept second best because "we are old division 3" .Granted we do not have the financial clout of some others but we can boast better attendances than most yet we only seem to go for waifs and strays,players who are free agents or "have baggage".
As I said earlier I cannot believe that Church was that high on our wanted list

Why would Church not be on our wanted list if we had him training with us and offered him a contract three months ago?!

Feb 17, 2017
Maybe just maybe Adams knows more about management and the efl than a lot of arm chair managers on here. He clearly has realised that experience at this level is key as is playing at a higher level, such as toums. To add a back up with this sort of experience is a good move in my opinion, many were negative about toums before he started. Experience not only helps on the pitch but brings the other players up to there mental ability not just technical.

Aug 10, 2006
a typical Adams centre forward signing awful goal scoring record might do ok might be poo who knows wait and see.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Crudely but succinctly put.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Personally I think this could be a good signing. Definitely a good backup for Taylor. I still think there are a couple more signings we can expect though. (No insider info just a feeling)

Welcome Simon and good luck to you!

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Jeez Mark you are getting boring now. Adams was bold enough to promote Fletcher but he doesn't suit our preferred system, so he's done the next best thing to help him gain experience.
Why would any manager (in the fickle world of football management) ignore youngsters if they are good enough? A personal crusade against a guy who clearly knows football better than you and actually see's these lads perform more than you is a one way street to the crazy house.
The only counter argument I can give in your favour, is that maybe due to the short term nature of football management (the average is less than 18 months I believe in the football league over the last decade) that it doesn't give managers the incentive to lay their arms open to academy's, the fact that the longest serving football league manager actually has a great record with young players, probably backs this up. If someone told Derek Adams he would be Argyle manager for 10 years, then maybe (just maybe) he would be keener to keep or blood more kids. But football isn't like that sadly.