Jamie Ness | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Ness

Apr 29, 2016
plymouthboyuk":1j9zp40y said:
I thought Ness played very well today, especially bearing in mind he cannot be fully match fit yet.
He uses the ball well, and doesn’t give the ball away easily.
But then, somebody has to be the whipping boy on this forum, now that Mellor has been hounded out, and Miller is not playing, I guess Ness is the latest player to be rubbished on PASOTI.
I just hope he doesn’t come on this site, and read the comments against him by some ARGYLE SUPPORTERS on here.

Totally agree. He was much better today and is obviously still finding his feet in terms of fitness.

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":i825td8f said:
No he won't fill the void left by Toums but he should never be expected to, he just isn't the same type of player.

I thought he played well today, he has the technical attributes to link up with our attacking players nicely. He lacks the physicality Toums offered but if Adams can get his hands on a like for like replacement for Toums; on the evidence of today and the 2nd half of Donny I'd like to see Ness given a chance alongside Fox and this new man in the midfield three.
He is a central midfielder who replaced Diagouraga so I believe it's right to make the comparison. My concern with Ness is that it's all a bit too nice and we need more ruthless-Ness.

So is it just bad luck that he's not been on the winning team yet in 13/14 games?

Jul 6, 2009
I thought Ness did OK 6.5/10 and we didn't lose the game because of him. He will get better as he gets fitter- we look a very fit side but he is 50% fit at the most and was rightly hooked when he tired second half.

May 1, 2011
plymouthboyuk":293d8jkk said:
I thought Ness played very well today, especially bearing in mind he cannot be fully match fit yet.
He uses the ball well, and doesn’t give the ball away easily.
But then, somebody has to be the whipping boy on this forum, now that Mellor has been hounded out, and Miller is not playing, I guess Ness is the latest player to be rubbished on PASOTI.
I just hope he doesn’t come on this site, and read the comments against him by some ARGYLE SUPPORTERS on here.

Everyone on here is an Argyle supporter regardless of their opinion. If they don't think a player had a good game or is up to the standard it's called having an opinion. There is nothing more boring than supporters trying to be morally superior to other supporters who don't share their view. Personally I have never been that impressed with Ness and I thought he was a passenger for large parts of the game today having very little influence. I was surprised he reappeared after weeks of inactivity, we had to sign Diagouraga partly because of how poor Ness and others had been earlier in the season.

However it's Adam's view that really matters and Ness is a professional, he has better things to do than come onto a mesage board listening to vews of supporters, as if he would even care. Don't overestimate the influence this board has.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
samjones":3cwa0a9v said:
Ness was a passenger today no wonder we cant win if he is in the team. Too slow and predictable. 1st movement is always back or sideways. He is no Toums replacement and TBH I'd rather have Songo in the team

I’d rather have Songo’o posting on Pasoti than some of the people on here; but we don’t all get our wishes.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Saw Jamie win the ball in midfield and play a nice ball out wide to start a promising attack. Unfortunately, I only saw it once. He's just not got enough. I'm not comparing him to Toums. I just want to see more fight, more commitment but, above all, tracking back when you or a teammate has lost possession. And for those who say he's not 100% fit yet... I can't believe DA would play him if he wasn't. Songo'o please!

Jan 7, 2018
samjones":3pn41sfz said:
Ness was a passenger today no wonder we cant win if he is in the team. Too slow and predictable. 1st movement is always back or sideways. He is no Toums replacement and TBH I'd rather have Songo in the team

I hate it when we keep the ball too

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Sometimes you need to to go back to go forwards. There is conception in the English leagues (not the PL) that it needs to forward at 100 mph all the time. The game is changing. In any case, Ness was OK today, albeit the first time I've seen him play. He wasn't the reason we lost. Bradley was poor, and Matthews at fault for the equaliser. Would rather have Ness than Song'o. Opinions eh!!!!!

Mar 23, 2008
Thought he did ok but he is a passenger, looks a poor mans David Fox and will surely lose his shirt when a half decent replacement for Toums is found.

Aug 11, 2013
I don’t think he’s bad but I don’t think he’s great either. No scapegoating here I’ve just seen the type of player we need in Toums and he’s a million miles from being that player ..: that’s all.

The thing is he came very highly rated with a lot of experience in successful sides but I’ve seen little evidence to show he’s any good in the games I’ve seen (all the Home games). I’m sorry but he’s either over trained, injured or the legs are gone because he runs around like he’s giving another player a piggy back.

Maybe the position doesn’t suit him and he’d prefer Foxys role (Foxy seems to get better and better btw). So if we are to progress, harsh though it is, I personally don’t think he’s our man ... and had enough time to prove me wrong.

There comes a time when you realise a player is not up to league 1 any longer. Miller is an example - great player but we’ve moved on.

Oct 31, 2015
Has he won a game in a green shirt yet?.

Not having a go at him because I thought he did ok yesterday but if he needs to get a ein under his belt

B

Bonehead

Ness , Blissett (I know he’s gone on loan), Miller , Songo are nowhere near the standard required for this league . Give Sangster a try.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
plymouth1970":2zpx8u5c said:
Ness , Blissett (I know he’s gone on loan), Miller , Songo are nowhere near the standard required for this league . Give Sangster a try.
Very harsh on Songo'o.

He's been arguably our player of the year while he's been playing.

Oct 24, 2010
Ness had a very good game yesterday which considering the standard of the opposition was very encouraging but whether he can sustain it and keep free of injury remains to be seen but on yesterday's form he would be a more than adequate replacement for Toums.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Steve.PAFC2012":37gqdsaa said:
plymouth1970":37gqdsaa said:
Very harsh on Songo'o.

He's been arguably our player of the year while he's been playing.

Absolutely. Never been a big Songo fan and he has limited ability but he gives you everything and seemed to have upped his game this year. Ness flatters to deceive and I just don't think its fitness because he was just as pants when he was in the team at the start of the season. Definitely looks like a player where the injuries have caught up with him and his legs have gone.
Toums was quite slow and deliberate but still effective. When we started winning with him the team it was no coincidence. When we start losing with Ness in the team its the same no coincidence.
I'm not blaming him for anything specific yesterday but he clearly carries a monkey on his back and its effecting the team overall as well.
At least Songo will chase, win the ball and break things down with some aggression and that's what our midfield lacks especially with Lameiras and Carey in the team.
We need that dominating aggressive ball winner who can pass it to Fox and the likes not simply play a hospital pass back to someone else.