Is there anyone with a poorer shot than Foxy ??. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is there anyone with a poorer shot than Foxy ??.

NanGreenthing

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 22, 2010
Perhaps I'm imagining it but didn't Sarcevic score a goal a couple of matches ago. and hasn't some of Carey's shots gone over the bar into the crowd ??as has most of the team's .

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I think it's a confidence thing with Sarcevic. He needs another goal or two and then he'll find his shooting boots. The goal against Bury seemed to lift a weight off his shoulders.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Sarcevic has improved a lot in the last few weeks. Only a month ago, he was included on many fans’ list of players to release in the transfer window. He is now making valuable contributions to the team but he really has to compose himself when goal scoring opportunities arise.

Yesterday, was an example where he was clean through, one on one, but didn’t trouble the ‘keeper.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
GreenThing":3jcgjof4 said:
I think it's a confidence thing with Sarcevic. He needs another goal or two and then he'll find his shooting boots. The goal against Bury seemed to lift a weight off his shoulders.

Agree.

Sarcevic is a good hard working player and hasn't deserved half of the stick he's got on here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I love the way Foxy plays football but am convinced post Blackpool, that I'll never see him score for us.

Sep 25, 2010
PilgrimZ1R":mypi6aqn said:
Look I know Foxy is a steady reliable 7/10 player but he does have negative points mostly,

He has the worst shot from distance (edge of the box) I have ever seen!!!!

It bemuses me how a pro can have such a poor shot, at any level,

Especially from corners, it such a weapon to have holding midfielder in that position where if the ball is poorly cleared or played back ‘wallop, ala Wotton but with Foxy I’m worried about the cars in the car park or the corner flags, useless.

Once we’ve sorted that we can work on his dead ball delivery then crossing,

But as I said at the start always 7/10.

I’m fed up with the same players getting all the criticism !!!!!

What an absolutely stupid thing to talk about, ? Has anyone got a poorer shot that Foxy, unbelievable

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If he was banging them in from the edge of the box whilst playing as well as he does in his midfield role he’d probably be playing in the championship atleast.

Sep 17, 2017
Martyn":1x19h58z said:
PilgrimZ1R":1x19h58z said:
Look I know Foxy is a steady reliable 7/10 player but he does have negative points mostly,

Especially from corners, it such a weapon to have holding midfielder in that position where if the ball is poorly cleared or played back ‘wallop, ala Wotton but with Foxy I’m worried about the cars in the car park or the corner flags, useless.

What an absolutely stupid thing to talk about, ? Has anyone got a poorer shot that Foxy, unbelievable

It would appear that some players are above criticism is my point and that’s the reason for my post,

I except all the good work Foxy brings to the team,

Whether it Fallon, Reid, Mc Clean, Mellor or Miller the great and the good always seem to embark on a character assassination rather than ‘ In Derek we trust ‘,

Sarcevic played as well if not better than Foxy imho yesterday so I don’t understand why some are intent on slagging in off at every opportunity,

That’s all no other agenda.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Sarcevic leans back before striking a ball and thus it rises or screws off. Fox is just a natural and can hit it high or wide regardless of stance.

Bizarrely our style of play turned Toums into a goal machine by his standards.

The lack of goal scoring midfielders does concern me. We seem to have boom in Carey or bust with everyone else.

Sep 25, 2010
PilgrimZ1R":2ysgkayj said:
Martyn":2ysgkayj said:
PilgrimZ1R":2ysgkayj said:

It would appear that some players are above criticism is my point and that’s the reason for my post,

I except all the good work Foxy brings to the team,

Whether it Fallon, Reid, Mc Clean, Mellor or Miller the great and the good always seem to embark on a character assassination rather than ‘ In Derek we trust ‘,

Sarcevic played as well if not better than Foxy imho yesterday so I don’t understand why some are intent on slagging in off at every opportunity,

That’s all no other agenda.

Still a stupid thread

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Martyn":37yvpyrs said:
Still a stupid thread
Of course it is, and proudly so. If it was all serious on PASOTI I think we’d get bored.

Fox is a player everyone appreciates, his skills are many but shooting isn’t one. I think having a polite giggle at this is fair game.

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Lee Cox.

I seem to remember one particular effort skewing out for a throw-in. Not even close to the corner-flag :)

Several of us longed for the day he'd score for us. Alas...

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
I'll make a prediction, some may say a bold one, that Mr David Fox will score a goal before the end of the season.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Jervis is our best finisher and seriously underrated. I can only assume his omission from the squad even was due to injury. He would be 2nd in my starting XI after carey