Band wagon jumpers | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Band wagon jumpers

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3c3hconc said:
Shankster":3c3hconc said:
Balham_Green":3c3hconc said:
Army green":3c3hconc said:
I not sure bringing up eddy’s situation is needed on this thread to be honest, I do however agree that some crap is being said. Green army 84 coming in for some unnecessary stick by a few who think they’re some kind of argyle super fans. Like a f****ing kids play ground. Calling another green a lesser supporter? Pathetic.

So explain yourself then clever guy. What makes someone who goes occasionally choosing big games as much a supporter as the die hard week in week out no matter the opposition or weather? It's a simple concept. Doesn’t make them a lesser person just a lesser supporters. Same way as I am a lesser supporder than someone who travels home and away to every game.
Weird

It's a simple concept. But obviously too much for you.

Bizarre

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Shankster":195ws85h said:
Balham_Green":195ws85h said:
Army green":195ws85h said:
I not sure bringing up eddy’s situation is needed on this thread to be honest, I do however agree that some crap is being said. Green army 84 coming in for some unnecessary stick by a few who think they’re some kind of argyle super fans. Like a f****ing kids play ground. Calling another green a lesser supporter? Pathetic.

So explain yourself then clever guy. What makes someone who goes occasionally choosing big games as much a supporter as the die hard week in week out no matter the opposition or weather? It's a simple concept. Doesn’t make them a lesser person just a lesser supporters. Same way as I am a lesser supporder than someone who travels home and away to every game.
Weird

Maybe GA1984 has a certain amount of cash available for watching Argyle and therefore has to choose which games to watch .

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Interesting thread, started off with one man's complaint about part time supporters who don't turn up out of choice, turned into one man's crusade to argue another fan wasn't committed enough as he cannot attend full time due to other commitments.

Almost poetic.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Balham_Green":23hdar79 said:
X Isle":23hdar79 said:
Balham_Green":23hdar79 said:
There are frequent threads on here about Argyle's fickle support and how that limits progress. Unfortunately Paul is just an example, perhaps not a very good one.
There are frequent posts on here questioning the allegiance of fellow greens and how that makes them somehow inferior and disqualifies them from opinion. Unfortunately you are making an example of yourself.

I have a problem with people who pick and choose games according to the opposition. It DOES make them lesser supporters.

So if he arranged annual leave to watch Fleetwood instead of Pompey, he'd be a better fan?

Mar 8, 2016
Balham some fans can’t attend every week due to other life commitments, as much as I would like to go to every match work just dictates otherwise. people’s circumstances are very different. Some may not be able to afford to go every week? But they are lesser fans? I’m watching from afar in the Middle East at the moment hoping to be back in time to get to a match before the season ends. No matter what I’m doing argyle is at the forefront of my mind on a Match day. It’s not as black and white as you seem to see it.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":8ami16nv said:
Balham_Green":8ami16nv said:
Shankster":8ami16nv said:
Balham_Green":8ami16nv said:
Army green":8ami16nv said:

Weird

Bizarre

Good to see you are capable of intelligent debate as usual.

Sep 6, 2006
Army green":1v6z9rc9 said:
Balham some fans can’t attend every week due to other life commitments, as much as I would like to go to every match work just dictates otherwise. people’s circumstances are very different. Some may not be able to afford to go every week? But they are lesser fans? I’m watching from afar in the Middle East at the moment hoping to be back in time to get to a match before the season ends. No matter what I’m doing argyle is at the forefront of my mind on a Match day. It’s not as black and white as you seem to see it.

I accept that. My issue is with the many especially Plymothians who can find the money when it suits them. E.g Wembley

Sep 6, 2006
Willis88":2k49cceo said:
Interesting thread, started off with one man's complaint about part time supporters who don't turn up out of choice, turned into one man's crusade to argue another fan wasn't committed enough as he cannot attend full time due to other commitments.

Almost poetic.

You are obviously too daft to understand the point.

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":1ldz6gnw said:
Shankster":1ldz6gnw said:
Shankster":1ldz6gnw said:
Army green":1ldz6gnw said:

Weird

Bizarre

Good to see you are capable of intelligent debate as usual.
There is nothing to debate sweetcheeks, you’re obviously just a very and embittered gent who’s angry with life in general, feel sorry for you but each to their own

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Balham_Green":ey38jn9y said:
Willis88":ey38jn9y said:

Almost poetic.

You are obviously too daft to understand the point.

I fully get your point, however I fully believe you're taking this beyond a reasonable argument and into something more obsessive and self deprecating.

Some people can't always come, so they choose a big game, why shouldn't they? If I could only be available for 4 Saturday's a year (like when I was younger and I worked weekends) surely I would want to choose the games that gave me the most potential enjoyment, the big games, the ones with the better atmosphere, with a sold out home park and lots of away fans.

These people are still fans and can enjoy the outcome, derive understanding of the game from the synopsis and watch the replays, doesn't make their opinion of the game or Argyle any less valid.

Until recently ex pats couldn't watch the game so surely their opinion was based on the same info as the people I refer to above. Did that mean only this season has their opinions become valid?

You're making a bit of a fool of yourself now.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sunday is Balham Green night, it always is.

I think he likes to 'unwind' before the week ahead.

May 16, 2016
IJN":2k4kqp7i said:
Sunday is Balham Green night, it always is.

I think he likes to 'unwind' before the week ahead.

During the week he goes around shouting through letterboxes and ringing doorbells before running away.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
So having read the majority of posts on this thread , I am left wondering if this may have to be my last contribution to PASOTI .

The problem is that I last attended Home Park in December 1970 . I am now left wondering if I fact I am worthy of calling myself an Argyle fanatic.

I shall seek counselling .

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Well I have only seen one game in 14 years, so should I quit too. IJN you are not allowed to comment. :lol: