Band wagon jumpers | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Band wagon jumpers

Jun 4, 2016
I think we have lost sight on this thread of what a band wagon jumper is. The op is correct, there do exist bandwagon jumpers in Plymouth. They are mainly fans of premier league sides (some do not even have much interest in that either) who have zero connection with argyle unless one of these really big occasions come along, then on they jump to share in the I was there moment. These people are commonly found supporting Andy Murray at Wimbledon and the England rugby team. They can also become extremely fanatical towards Athletics and cycling.
It often amuses me how people can become so excited about something that they barely if at all even know the rules of. Lol.

Sep 6, 2006
Good to see you are capable of intelligent debate as usual.[/quote]
There is nothing to debate sweetcheeks, you’re obviously just a very and embittered gent who’s angry with life in general, feel sorry for you but each to their own[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Other people are capable of it. This is not supposed to be a forum for giving personal opinions of others. But as you have I have no interest in the opinion of a sad deluded immature individual who spends most of his time on here writing nonsense condescending advice and trying to get the last word with stupid one word replies as above. Your opinion is worthless so I wouldn't bother giving it if I were you.

Sep 6, 2006
Willis88":191i87vk said:
Balham_Green":191i87vk said:
Willis88":191i87vk said:
Interesting thread, started off with one man's complaint about part time supporters who don't turn up out of choice, turned into one man's crusade to argue another fan wasn't committed enough as he cannot attend full time due to other commitments.

Almost poetic.

You are obviously too daft to understand the point.

I fully get your point, however I fully believe you're taking this beyond a reasonable argument and into something more obsessive and self deprecating.

Some people can't always come, so they choose a big game, why shouldn't they? If I could only be available for 4 Saturday's a year (like when I was younger and I worked weekends) surely I would want to choose the games that gave me the most potential enjoyment, the big games, the ones with the better atmosphere, with a sold out home park and lots of away fans.

These people are still fans and can enjoy the outcome, derive understanding of the game from the synopsis and watch the replays, doesn't make their opinion of the game or Argyle any less valid.

Until recently ex pats couldn't watch the game so surely their opinion was based on the same info as the people I refer to above. Did that mean only this season has their opinions become valid?

You're making a bit of a fool of yourself now.

Where did I say their opinion was not valid or applied to ex pats? However your initial description does apply to bandwagon jumpers. Don't take it personally!

Sep 6, 2006
Balham_Green":1bbvav7w said:
Good to see you are capable of intelligent debate as usual.
There is nothing to debate sweetcheeks, you’re obviously just a very and embittered gent who’s angry with life in general, feel sorry for you but each to their own[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Other people are capable of it. This is not supposed to be a forum for giving personal opinions of others. But as you have I have no interest in the opinion of a sad deluded immature individual who spends most of his time on here writing nonsense condescending advice and trying to get the last word with stupid one word replies as above. Your opinion is worthless so I wouldn't bother giving it if I were you.[/quote]

No doubt a puerile reply from Shankster will follow. Have the last word. I have to get to work.

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
Guiri Green":397so7b1 said:
IJN":397so7b1 said:
Sunday is Balham Green night, it always is.

I think he likes to 'unwind' before the week ahead.

During the week he goes around shouting through letterboxes and ringing doorbells before running away.
My guess is that he usually gives his right arm some vigorous exercise.....

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Bit much.

Can understand how bullying has a band wagon dimension; but not the OP’s point.

By expansion however, the church committee must loathe the flockers of only Christmas and Easter season, and Plymouth Albion fans be annually infuriated by the Six Nations hype.

Can a passsive activity of sitting watching something be done get done much badly, don’t think so. Frequency is mere taste surely. Unlike say owning a puppy.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GA1984 currently showing up as registering and posting on Pasoti since March 2013, coming up for 5 years.
Begs the question, what was there to jump on the bandwagon for in 2013? How many wheels did our bandwagon have then? :think:

Apr 26, 2016
Every team is the same, following the Blackburn, Bradford, Oxford and Portsmouth forums shows exactly the life of being a football supporter, complete
depression one minute and euphoria the next, one Oxford fan wrote on Saturday night its time to knock the ground down and build new houses on it so
peed off watching rubbish ? two months ago they were eyeing up the play-offs now talking about relegation. We need to grab as many potential fans
in the goods times and lets hope we push 13k this week, optimistic for sure but lets be positive in a week when a certain Argyle player is going through
hell. Rovers and Pompey coming to town soon so some big gates ahead. Every one jump on this bang wagon and see where it might take us.

Apr 26, 2016
by Manchesterlalala » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am
I'm considering driving down from Manchester for this week's game. Am I a bandwagon jumper?

Absolutely not mancheterlalala :))
more fans the better, every extra twenty pounds helps the club.