The Play Off race (and bets placed) | Page 46 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Play Off race (and bets placed)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Next match.. look no further than the next match.

Focus and concentration on the next match

Jan 6, 2004
Tugboat":3hikz963 said:
Next match.. look no further than the next match.

Focus and concentration on the next match

Good advice if we were professsional football players but as fans we do not have to “focus” on anything - if we want to dream about the play offs we can...

Sep 6, 2006
mervyn":3o1wux6s said:
Forgive me if previously mentioned on this long thread, but it strikes me as important we finish 5th and not 6th. This is to ensure we don’t find ourselves facing either Blackburn, Wigan or Shrewsbury, which ever finishes 3rd.

Important to avoid Wigan altogether. Looked good in cup. Hopefully they finish top 2.

H

handbags blake

I am hoping we play wigan in the play offs as I believe they are the only club to take maximum points off of us and I do think we could beat them. They have been the best club this year but I think if they do finish third then their heads might drop and we co uh ld beat them. I would feel sorry for whatever team finishes third as they have been the top three teams all season but that is the playoffs for you.

Jan 6, 2004
handbags blake":18niriyv said:
I would feel sorry for whatever team finishes third as they have been the top three teams all season but that is the playoffs for you.

In one sense. In another we have been the top team for latter half the season so far. The team I would want to avoid in the play offs is us.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
If I remember correctly Wycombe missed out on the automatic places on the last day (to Bury who went up?) and they outplayed us over both play-off games. The play-offs really are a lottery. I don’t even know if going into the game as underdogs against Wigan or Blackburn would be a good thing.

Feb 23, 2008
Plymouth
Good result tonight with Bradford losing.

Cash out has gone up £60 after that result. Argyle odds for top 6 have gone from 11/8 to 6/5 now.

Current odds
Rotherham - 1/250
Scunthorpe - 1/2
ARGYLE - 6/5
Peterborough - 5/4
Portsmouth - 4/1
Charlton - 9/2
Bradford - 9/1

Sep 6, 2006
handbags blake":2t82rsf5 said:
I am hoping we play wigan in the play offs as I believe they are the only club to take maximum points off of us and I do think we could beat them. They have been the best club this year but I think if they do finish third then their heads might drop and we co uh ld beat them. I would feel sorry for whatever team finishes third as they have been the top three teams all season but that is the playoffs for you.

Makes little sense to me. You want us to play the team you consider the best, as do I, and who have already beaten us twice. A team whog have beaten Man City no less.

H

handbags blake

Balham_Green":p62mcq5y said:
handbags blake":p62mcq5y said:

Makes little sense to me. You want us to play the team you consider the best, as do I, and who have already beaten us twice. A team whog have beaten Man City no less.
I do want us to beat wigan in the playoffs as that would prove undoubtedly that we deserve to go up after beating (hopefully) the only team to take 6 maximum points off us this season (so far). I also think that wigan have so many games to play that they could be the team to drop to playoffs.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
After the position we were in on 8th December, I am not bothered who we would play if we reached the playoffs. We are capable of beating any of them.

The only concern I would have would be that, if we reached Wembley, win or lose, our recruitment period for next season would be restricted.

Still a nice problem to have though.