Carey free kicks | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carey free kicks

Sep 6, 2006
Carey always takes anything near the box. Anybody remember him scoring from one this season? Certainly not a good return rate.

Apr 30, 2017
I agree (never thought I'd say that). Fox has a mean FK so maybe its his turn, as does Sarcevic and Lamieras.

S

swendies

Canā€™t remember Carey having a good game for at least a month, has turned into a diving, moaning primadonna . Please Graham, concentrate on being the player we know you can be and not a moaner

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I remember watching MOTD over the period when Giggs and Bergkamp were in their pomp. Almost without fail commentators would hail them as masters of the free kick who would score without fail. They almost never did. That's the reality with free kicks.

Aug 5, 2015
Iā€™ve a friend whose a Carlton and Bromley supporter. He canā€™t believe that GC plus his trade in L1 or 2, especially when he was available for free last summer. Never look a gift horse ....

Jun 2, 2016
Balham_Green":2h076hyc said:
So nobody can remember him scoring. We really should try something different.
Just as worrying is that our set pieces in general haven't looked dangerous. Expect a free kick or corner to find Sonny or Vyner fairly regularly. Doesn't seem to be on the cards at the moment

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I noticed that Sonny had strapping above one knee; he didnā€™t seem to be limping but he didnā€™t seem to be so dominant in the air.

Keith Hennessey

šŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æšŸ‡³šŸ‡æ
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
swendies":3i0b1391 said:
Canā€™t remember Carey having a good game for at least a month, has turned into a diving, moaning primadonna . Please Graham, concentrate on being the player we know you can be and not a moaner

I could not agree more , GC has become a petulant moaning player , waving his arms around and constantly moaning at the officials . As a result we have not seen him at his best for some time now.

jespafc

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
khennes_904":143v28un said:
swendies":143v28un said:

I could not agree more , GC has become a petulant moaning player , waving his arms around and constantly moaning at the officials . As a result we have not seen him at his best for some time now.

I haven't seen any of these games, so this is just speculation, but could it be that he is targeted more these days as teams know he is our danger man and therefore set out to make his life on the pitch as miserable and uncomfortable as possible? The odd dig here, push there?

It must be frustrating as a player when you you are constantly on the end of hard tackles and targeted off the ball incidents.

The Doctor

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I agree, Carey does SEEM to have become overly-focused on winning free-kicks lately - something which tends to create a vicious circle because refs seem not to give freekicks the more a player looks for them and then the player becomes frustrated with the refs and looks for them even more. Carey is at his best when he just tries to run through and lets the opposition players hack him down (this was particularly noticeable in the first few games of the season I thought).

Jul 17, 2011
khennes_904":2v56m2nn said:
swendies":2v56m2nn said:

really? this is so harsh, he was good against rochdale, very good against southend, had a quiet game against pompey and northampton. i get that even carey can be grilled for performances, however if he did it every game, he would be in the premiership never mind the championship. he is by far our best player, and we know he is a whiner, he demands such high standards, but surely thats a good thing? yes he does " dive a little " and he " knows the game", but would you rather aINSWORTH PLAY? OR BRING BACK DONALDSON?

hopefully he has 3 great games coming up. ( ps he has scored enough great goals to be thrown the ball every time )

Feb 21, 2011
Some rubbish talked on this thread, I doubt there is a club in this division that wouldn't want GC in their squad.