Derek Adams signs new 5 year deal | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams signs new 5 year deal

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":3ng870kv said:
HC Green":3ng870kv said:
TynanWozGr8":3ng870kv said:
Best thing Brent has done since rescuing the club

It must be some deal as I was half expecting a championship club to come in him for him

Hopefully will now apply the same logic to our better players so we can build a squad without a large turnaround of players each season

The players contracts are negotiated by Adams, he decides on how long a contract to offer and how much to pay them.

Throughout his management career he has ‘refreshed’ his squads each year, that is part of his management philosophy, I can’t see it changing.

So Adams is now overseeing every aspect of the footballing side, including undertaking all contractor negotiations for wages, and he then decides how many years to offer them?

Gonna be a busy boy!

Argyle could quite easily cut some costs on a new CEO with Adams doing a large proportion of that specific role.
DA said, again at Senior Greens, that Zak Newton, the Club Secretary, will be dealing with administrative procedures relating to transfer matters.

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":2pqzbeza said:
HC Green":2pqzbeza said:
TynanWozGr8":2pqzbeza said:

It must be some deal as I was half expecting a championship club to come in him for him

Hopefully will now apply the same logic to our better players so we can build a squad without a large turnaround of players each season

The players contracts are negotiated by Adams, he decides on how long a contract to offer and how much to pay them.

Throughout his management career he has ‘refreshed’ his squads each year, that is part of his management philosophy, I can’t see it changing.

So Adams is now overseeing every aspect of the footballing side, including undertaking all contractor negotiations for wages, and he then decides how many years to offer them?

Gonna be a busy boy!

Argyle could quite easily cut some costs on a new CEO with Adams doing a large proportion of that specific role.

Adams has been overseeing every aspect of the footballing side since he has been at Argyle, I’m surprised you weren’t aware.

As for busy, he always has been, it is why he enjoys the job.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
TinTin":103kq7vs said:
dunlop":103kq7vs said:
Andy_S":103kq7vs said:
Cheers Paul.

He has still there I spoke to him last week up at HP he said he finishes on May 31.

Sorry Andy.

I thought I read his column in The Herald some time ago which confirmed when he was leaving.

Looks as if I got it wrong IF Dunlop has seen him at HP :whistle:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

:wave:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
TynanWozGr8":2dgktexw said:
HC Green":2dgktexw said:
TynanWozGr8":2dgktexw said:

This is a nonsense then - although I suspect there were financial constraints - surely no manager would want such a high turnaround of players

All good sides add two or three decent players to a settled squad each year that improves overall quality

I believe there were ten new players last season and look at the start we had - took time to gel although accept necessary to improve quality as went up a league

But now need to consolidate And sign Up our best players on long term deals
To be fair we must have signed about 12 players in the summer of 2016 and we took the league apart in the opening months of 2016/17.

Edit - was actually 14 players.

Aug 26, 2011
Then that shows just how good a manager Derek is

But it is still a nonsense if that situation is allowed to continue now we have consolidated in third tier and finances getting sorted - it certainly didnt work last season

My main point was that it’s brilliant DA has committed to a long term deal and if we have a couple successful years and someone does come in For him we will get decent compensation - and It is now time to tie down our better players on decent deals, get a settled squad and push for promotion

Jan 3, 2013
Rarely post on here because of the holier than thou attitude of some .......however, can't resist saying that this is a sound piece of business by James Brent. When Derek goes, as he will, we will be due significant compensation.
That imo is why the contract has been followed through.
Time to return to reading posts.
Bye

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Dano":3e0hr7v9 said:
I can see a lot of Sir Alex Ferguson in Mr Adams.

Something tells me that there’s going to be movement finally from the sleeping giant, and Adams feels it also and wants to be right there when it happens!!

Only got to look at history of the smaller clubs reaching the premiership to know this could be our time to move in its direction?, there’s always a time and place in life that you sail to were you need to be in life.

Adams’s can see this, and within these five years he’ll make it his legacy to get us there. Once there will be big that green giant conquering all before us. Our time will come , our time is coming .

More than Darren? :shocked:
Maybe someone needs to have a word with George! :D