Genuine Question (2nd half performance) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Genuine Question (2nd half performance)

Sep 28, 2003
London
....I just suspect he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I've always had a hard time warming to Adams as even during the relative "good" times we were often god awful to watch.

Even with a promotion his tenure hasn't been particularly enjoyable and I wouldn't be sorry to see him go now, unfortunately I suspect that albatross of a contract means he isn't going anywhere.

I was umming and ahring about going to Oxford yesterday, I'm so, so, so glad I decided it wasn't worth it and the 1200 who did go have my sympathy.

May 22, 2006
Green_Flash":150com27 said:
Taking into account quality of opposition can anyone remember a worse Argyle performance from a first choice side than 2nd half yesterday? I genuinely can’t -and god knows I have seen enough poor performances in 30 years

Probably the 4-0 at Port Vale just after Fletcher left. That was actually embarrassing.

0-4 at home to Swindon in the cup a few years back; a team that included the likes of Nelson, Bolasie, Mason, BWP and Noone playing like they'd never met.

Another 0-4 against the mighty York City under Sheridan.

Plenty under Hodges; the 2-5 at Cheltenham sticks in the mind.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
The first half away to Wycombe in the playoffs. Don't think we got anywhere near their goal.

That or the 2nd half at home to Blackpool under Adams when we lost 3-0. They knew they'd won, basically stopped trying and were showboating a bit. We were running around aimlessly and didn't get anywhere near them. It was painful.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
To be fair I don’t think it’s the worst half I’ve seen us play, but probably in the top 5/6..

Oct 20, 2015
Wembley 2016, v Wimbledon. Under Adams.

I felt the same feelings of helplessness and despondency walking out of Wembley as I did on Saturday 5pm.

Also, Northampton away last season. They were virtually relegated, we were chasing a play-off place, and we were dogs__t. UNDER ADAMS.

Dec 29, 2011
Too many debacles to mention over the years.The two that stand out personally in recent years to me apart from Stourbridge are York away in 2012/2013 just after beating Exeter on Good Friday.We were fighting to stay in the football league but you never would have guessed on that display .I also remember a 3.0 defeat at Scarborough on a Wednesday night just 3 days before the Jimmy Glass game.Truly inept.
Derek Adams told us at Bideford in the clubhouse all those years ago that he would look after our club.I am sorry but I think we need a new babysitter

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
There was a 3-0 drubbing at Lincoln probably about 15 years ago, Tuesday night, freezing with their bloody air raid siren going off every 5 minutes. That was the worst, i dont think we even had a hopeful 30 yard effort to raise the blood pressure.
There was also a defeat at Underhill, again a cold, wet Tuesday night and we had a lad in midfield (Perkins?) who was utter garbage, he hacked one of their players down on the halfway line and half the away starting chanting "off, off, off" - many other drubbings at Millwall or Palace, you could at least attribute to decent players like Sheringham, Casgirino, Mark Bright etc have a really good game.
Scunthorpe the next away game is going to appeal to very few people at this present moment.

Sep 30, 2018
Did okeefe contribute in attacking sense at all in the second half, did he support ladapo or get support?

Jan 6, 2004
There was no attacking in the second half to speak of. It was like attacking match practice for Oxford we would give the ball to them in the midfield and they would try to score a goal - over and over again. Luckily they are not very good at that (which is presumably why there are, or should say, were, bottom) or the scoreline would have been very different.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don't really know what to think after Saturday. And even more so with GC coming out and saying it wasn't acceptable. So why/how did it happen, after the little bit of momentum created? I agree, they just didn't look like they were trying, which is very very worrying.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PAFC Norfolk":2m05s3lp said:
Players on one year contracts will not show any desperation in the cause. Especially having seen the reward for just failing playoff position side just discarded. Also what happened to the side which gained promotion the year before.
Hopefully, most of this batch are only on one year contracts. At least, O’Keefe is only on loan until January.