Brent backs Adams | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brent backs Adams

Mar 14, 2009
The problem isn’t Adams staying. He will probably scrape us out of this mess.

The problem is the acceptance of the type of football we play. It’s simply woeful. Imagine having to endure a couple more seasons of results football where it seems anything is acceptable as long as we win.

The football we see is at its best when it’s a piece of wonderful skill by Carey. However, the basics under Adams are appalling. We don’t pass, tackle, shoot or press very well. I don’t know what people base their support for Adams on but it certainly isn’t because we play a good brand of football.

Aug 5, 2005
TruroTerry":mge30zut said:
It's the home defeats that add another nail in the coffin. I think the tipping point could come on November 10th - FACup 1st Round day. A home defeat again a strong Conference side like Salford, Fylde or Sutton ...... Worst case scenario Torquay, Weston Super Mare or Metropolitan Police :doh: :banghead:

Worst case scenario is we get Gateshead away , draw 0-0 and lose the replay

Mar 21, 2006
Pottypilgrim":ozf4fgrg said:
jespafc":ozf4fgrg said:
Biggs":ozf4fgrg said:
No-one associated with the club will be resigned to the fact we’re going down, while 4 points adrift with 33 games to go.

That would be insane.

He’s just saying that he’s looking long-term as well as short-term.

This. No knee jerk reactions and a little patience. Personally I believe Adams deserves that.

I agree. I've watched many a game over my many years and I don't ever recall seeing a manager stand all alone in a virtually empty stadium for as long as Adams did at Oxford. He obviously is completely invested in this club. I believe he feels the anguish that we all do when we lose. He strikes me as someone that is completely different to other managers in the game. I do not doubt his resolve. I do not doubt his belief in what this club could achieve. I think he is being let down by the players. If they were to put in as much effort, commitment and belief as I believe Adams does then we would win more than we lose. I would not want him to leave or be pushed. He has been more successful than not since he's been here. We will not be relegated with him at the helm. I believe that he is looking after this club as best he can with the resources he is given. I don't think that there is anyone else out there that could do better. He will get rid of the players that are letting him/us down and sort this out. In my opinion Carey is one of these players. I would not be surprised to see Carey move in January

I agreed with everything until the second to last sentence - Carey has been off form on the whole but his effort and contribution to the cause is without question- he is also, along with Lameiras, a player who can change a game in a second as we saw against Wimbledon. He is irreplaceable in my view and I dread the day he leaves this club. He has been fantastic for us.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
silkman":6npe56mn said:
Pottypilgrim":6npe56mn said:
jespafc":6npe56mn said:
Biggs":6npe56mn said:
No-one associated with the club will be resigned to the fact we’re going down, while 4 points adrift with 33 games to go.

That would be insane.

This. No knee jerk reactions and a little patience. Personally I believe Adams deserves that.

I agree. I've watched many a game over my many years and I don't ever recall seeing a manager stand all alone in a virtually empty stadium for as long as Adams did at Oxford. He obviously is completely invested in this club. I believe he feels the anguish that we all do when we lose. He strikes me as someone that is completely different to other managers in the game. I do not doubt his resolve. I do not doubt his belief in what this club could achieve. I think he is being let down by the players. If they were to put in as much effort, commitment and belief as I believe Adams does then we would win more than we lose. I would not want him to leave or be pushed. He has been more successful than not since he's been here. We will not be relegated with him at the helm. I believe that he is looking after this club as best he can with the resources he is given. I don't think that there is anyone else out there that could do better. He will get rid of the players that are letting him/us down and sort this out. In my opinion Carey is one of these players. I would not be surprised to see Carey move in January

I agreed with everything until the second to last sentence - Carey has been off form on the whole but his effort and contribution to the cause is without question- he is also, along with Lameiras, a player who can change a game in a second as we saw against Wimbledon. He is irreplaceable in my view and I dread the day he leaves this club. He has been fantastic for us.

Totally agree about your points about Graham Carey..

Sep 3, 2009
Pottypilgrim":17ejbxdw said:
jespafc":17ejbxdw said:
Biggs":17ejbxdw said:

That would be insane.

I agree with most of what you say, except the bit that we won't go down. I think we will. Adams needs to be more heavily backed, otherwise we will eternally be a League 1/2 yo-yo club, with the prospect of some time in the Conference too.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Metal_Green_Mickey":c7iglvko said:
The problem isn’t Adams staying. He will probably scrape us out of this mess.

The problem is the acceptance of the type of football we play. It’s simply woeful. Imagine having to endure a couple more seasons of results football where it seems anything is acceptable as long as we win.

The football we see is at its best when it’s a piece of wonderful skill by Carey. However, the basics under Adams are appalling. We don’t pass, tackle, shoot or press very well. I don’t know what people base their support for Adams on but it certainly isn’t because we play a good brand of football.
You over-state the case Mickey. Last season we did play some delightful stuff during that purple patch – organised but quick, skilful, attacking and to feet (remember Blackburn?). Even this season we have at least tried to ‘play’ at times – I know there were plenty on here grumbling about the ‘standard’ against Wimbledon in the first half but if anything the problem was we were over-elaborating – I remember a huge groan after we’d played 25+ passes only for Lameiras to ruin it by trying a little flick thru’ to Freddie that didn’t come off and then we were desperately scrambling back and we ended up nearly conceding. That happened continually – either risky balls that didn’t quite come off or (much worse) sloppy passes or poor decisions that lose possession. NickSS’s thread & stats was interesting in that respect about how poor our midfield has been this season in allowing counter attacks to end up in goals/ shots on target. Don’t get me wrong I’m not claiming we’re Barca in disguise and I agree that DA is instinctively & frustratingly over-cautious but he’s not a Pulis (or even a Mourinho).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, +1 on Carey.

I don’t know how you can go to a game and not see how hard he works and how much he is constantly encouraging others.

I’m almost surprised he’s not captain, though that would probably place too pressure on him. Especially while it’s not happening for him creatively.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Best man in football to pull us out of this mess?? Surely if he was the best man for us in football he wouldn’t have put us on the mess in the first place?

And I whats Brent got as evidence to back up that claim? The fact that Adams stumbled on a formation and went on a run last season having had another poor start? Will that now become a standard thing where we can afford god awful football and results knowing that our manager can probably put us right throughout the second half of the season.

I’m sorry but I ain’t pumping my money into that bizarre strategy.

We are slowing accepting less and less on the pitch on match days. Some people today only go to match’s because they have a season ticket. It’s not enjoyable anymore. In fact it’s unpleasant.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
I can just picture Saturday after another resounding home loss a bloke in the devonport with a red face and veins sticking out of his neck giving the team a piece of his mind. But they won’t hear anything because he’s drowned out by an excitable greenarmy1984 in front of him singing ‘We are going up, we are going up!’.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
PL2 3DQ":1uug2m1h said:
We were bottom of the league in December of last season but the signs of improvement were already there with 4 wins and 2 draws from 8 games, mainly because of Fox and Songo'o sitting deep to make the team solid and the introduction of Diagouraga.

Of course we had lift off when Lameiras came back into the fold against Oldham on the 9th of December.

We don't need to hit those dizzy heights this season to avoid relegation but the players need to show lots of improvement and move away from that Kassham performance of last Saturday.

It might be worth trying a 3-5-2 formation, we have the perfect wingbacks to give us the width in Moore and Smith-Brown and it would give the team two strikers.

If we’re going to try wing backs I would rather Wylde at LWB, he’s better going forward that AS-B.

Jan 27, 2012
No point in sacking Adams in my opinion- review the situation at the end of the season. IF Argyle get relegated then he would probably leave anyway. I also think the playing budget is an issue and is something the club might have to address.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
dazzy3000":1sbwwwbd said:
I can just picture Saturday after another resounding home loss a bloke in the devonport with a red face and veins sticking out of his neck giving the team a piece of his mind. But they won’t hear anything because he’s drowned out by an excitable greenarmy1984 in front of him singing ‘We are going up, we are going up!’.

Sorry I won’t be there

Busy working This Weekend

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Rush Goalie":2nvruczw said:
Pottypilgrim":2nvruczw said:
jespafc":2nvruczw said:
Biggs":2nvruczw said:

That would be insane.

I agree with most of what you say, except the bit that we won't go down. I think we will. Adams needs to be more heavily backed, otherwise we will eternally be a League 1/2 yo-yo club, with the prospect of some time in the Conference too.

I don’t trust Adams to spend more money in Jan to be honest he’s not spent what he had this time very well IMO.

He needs to get out of this mess without spending any more money.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
gaspargomez":17vsyczp said:
No point in sacking Adams in my opinion- review the situation at the end of the season. IF Argyle get relegated then he would probably leave anyway. I also think the playing budget is an issue and is something the club might have to address.

I think Adams would leave before we got relegated - he wouldn’t want a black mark of a relegation on his otherwise decent CV.