Brief synopsis | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief synopsis

Sep 28, 2003
London
Well....that was awful, up there with THAT Cheltenham game under Kevin Hodges.

The lack of organisation, fight and technical ability in the first half was breathtaking, and without hyperbole may have been the worst performance I've seen from an Argyle team.

Players were continually massively out of position, and Luton were walking through the middle of our midfield like they weren't even there.

Our marking in the box was non existent - if it had been 7 or 8 it wouldn't have been unfair. Luton were good, but we were were shambolic.

Second half Luton eased off but still could have scored a few more. We showed more but the game had been long lost.

I've had it with Adams - there's no excuse for how badly organised the team is. Get him out and give us a chance of avoiding going back to the bottom division.

Moore, Ness, Smith-Brown and Sarkevic were particularly bad but the buck has to stop with the manager.

Bradley came over to clap the fans after the game and got a good reception - God we could do with him now!

Jun 7, 2006
Hannibal could march his entire army, including the elephants, through the holes in that back four. The only resistance would be a forward roll from Tafari Moore. I assume it's purpose is to distract people.

Oct 14, 2015
Throw in Carey's pathetic booking for his childish behaviour removing him for selection next week as well. Sarcastically clapping the referee for awarding him a free kick, maybe look at his own performance before acting like a child.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I’m glad you can analyse it, because I as sure as hel can’t.

It was if the whole team had never played together before.

We have a very strange team this season.

Sep 28, 2003
London
I lost count of the number of times a Luton player picked up the ball 30 yards from our goal, had time to turn and get his head up and then pick a pass or have a shot before any of our "defensive" midfielders got within 3 yards of them.

When someone like Ness offers nothing going forward, but then nothing defensively either, you really have to ask what the point of him is. He can be the first one out the door after Adams.

May 22, 2006
Andy Holland":1y2ckcys said:
I lost count of the number of times a Luton player picked up the ball 30 yards from our goal, had time to turn and get his head up and then pick a pass or have a shot before any of our "defensive" midfielders got within 3 yards of them.

That sounds like a lack of interest, not a lack of ability.

Sep 3, 2009
That was terrible, almost laughably so. Like Andy, I was at the Cheltenham 5-2 defeat and there are similarities, though today I was less angry. Age could be a factor, but I think resignation plays harder.

Back then, I was apoplectic that we were that bad in the bottom division. These days, I've been forced to accept we are a 3rd/4th division yo-yo team.

The chickens of a poo budget and a compliant manager are coming home to roost. Adams seems happy to work with players who cannot cope in this league and the board (thus far) are in sync with that. Either he challenges the administration and/or they fund him, or we're going down.

Not sure about others but I will not blindly clap absolute rubbish forever. What's the point in that?

Jul 28, 2017
Shockingly inept performance from every Argyle player in the first 45 minutes- one of the worst I have seen in 25 years watching Argyle home and away. Embarrassing to watch that , did not stay for second half- never left a game at half time before today.

Can’t see us getting out of this predicament without a change of manager.

Feb 2, 2007
Strange team or rubbish team. How I wish I believed it was the former and not the latter

We have been found out, other managers study our approach and know that DA always sets up the same. He's been worked out and the players are more mistake prone than previously.

When we face great good or mediocre opposition playing to their potential we lose. When we face mediocre or poor opposition having an off day we draw or scrape a win. So we are consistently poor this season.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Sam … you could even be right !

You work all week. Saturday comes … football day... excitement.

I got to Lootown, managed to blag my way in to a members only bar at the club (with my Argyle shirt on ), friendly locals. We talked about "our" luck being in that Hylton was not playing today 'cos he always plays well against us.

Into the ground. Within five minutes we could have been 2 down. Inside 15 we were 1 down. Inside 30 we were 3 down and 4 down before half time. By which time Ladapo may have touched the ball twice. We never had a shot. Our midfield was nowhere to be seen. Our full backs were out of position. LTFC players were sprinting whilst our players were jogging.

It was a woeful first half performance. Who can you blame ? I am beginning to wonder now. The manager, the coaching staff, the budget … but I have to say the players let us all down today. To a man we were third best in a two horse race.

The second half was … well what you can expect from a team 4 nil up. They let us have the ball a bit. We didn't do a lot with it. Joel Grant seemed to get his fair share on the ball. Ryan Taylor missed a sitter.

Summary … 5 v 1 flattered us.

Aug 15, 2015
Andy Holland":8u2d82ew said:
Well....that was awful, up there with THAT Cheltenham game under Kevin Hodges.

The lack of organisation, fight and technical ability in the first half was breathtaking, and without hyperbole may have been the worst performance I've seen from an Argyle team.

Players were continually massively out of position, and Luton were walking through the middle of our midfield like they weren't even there.

Our marking in the box was non existent - if it had been 7 or 8 it wouldn't have been unfair. Luton were good, but we were were shambolic.

Second half Luton eased off but still could have scored a few more. We showed more but the game had been long lost.

I've had it with Adams - there's no excuse for how badly organised the team is. Get him out and give us a chance of avoiding going back to the bottom division.

Moore, Ness, Smith-Brown and Sarkevic were particularly bad but the buck has to stop with the manager.

Bradley came over to clap the fans after the game and got a good reception - God we could do with him now!

Can't add much more to that. In my 18 years as an Argyle fan that is probably the worst performance I can remember. I've never felt so ashamed by a performance as that.

Adams' recruitment has simply not been good enough. Canavan would make a decent 4th choice. Moore and ASB have potential, but not ready. I'd also question how much motivation and desire they have, their mentality. Fox is DONE. He will go to bed tonight and know that signing on for another year was a mistake - he is finished. Sarcevic was plain awful - what on earth he was doing in the build up to the penalty only he knows. It was truly pitiful.

Never seen an Argyle team look so utterly fragile, and even the players knew it. It was like watching Ruben Lameiras in a boxing match with Anthony Joshua. We were being played through with such ease, it was genuinely frightening to watch.

As it turns out, I just happened to be sat next to 3 Scottish people. I believe that these 3 were relatives of Derek Adams (dad, mum and wife is my guess). Near the end of the game one lowlife shouted 'Scottish c...' - Derek's dad turned around and had a go at him. I felt really sorry for them actually as the atmosphere was really sour at this point.

Horrible day but we need a new leader at the helm.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Greenrod":otcj89qy said:
I feel sorry for the travelling Green Army.

They should be recompensed for witnessing such a woeful performance.
They should be offered counselling after that shocker.