Daily Catch Up - Saturday 19 January | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Daily Catch Up - Saturday 19 January

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The latest Argyle news and gossip.

It's match day!

Argyle 91,500 Twitter followers v Coventry City 117,000 Twitter followers.

Match referee - Trevor Kettle.

Last six league games:
Argyle - won 3, lost 2, drawn 1.
Coventry - won 3, lost 2, drawn 1.

Coventry fans' forum

Team line-up v Coventry: Letheren, Smith-Brown, Edwards, Canavan, Sawyer, Fox, Songo'o, Sarcevic, Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo.
Subs: Macey, Riley, Threlkeld, Wootton, Ainsworth, Jephcott, Taylor.

Argyle win 2-1 courtesy of a brace from Ruben Lameiras.

Argyle 2 - 1 Coventry
Lameiras 63, 70. Chaplin 55

Attendance 10,686

Match stats: Possession 49%/51%. Shots 21/13, On target 7/8, Corners 5/7.

Derek Adams talks about the win against Coventry. ..
"It was probably one of the better games that we have been involved in this year. It was very open.
It was very end to end, and I thought it was two teams that wanted to win the game.

It was probably stretched too much for both managers, not only length ways but width ways as well and that led to a number of good opportunities for both sides.

What has shown today is that I think we had 21 attempts on goal and they were much less than us so we have had the better opportunities throughout the 90 minutes.

Lameiras obviously left Coventry and we were able to get him. He has come up with two very good goals.
He’s probably unfortunate not to have scored a hat-trick today, but as I said before the game he is in the form of his career. He’s scoring goals and he’s making opportunities for other people.
In goal, Kyle Letheren did well, but Ruben Lameiras with his two goals gets that.
I think that people want to look at the game a different way would probably give the goalkeeper it, but us purists will give Lameiras the man-of-the-match.

We have done exceptionally well. We have gone unbeaten in four games and we probably should be unbeaten longer than that, going back to the Wimbledon game.
From our point of view, we have put some good wins together and we have closed the gap between ourselves and the ones above us today.
I think we are one of only two teams out of the bottom eight that have won today.
There are only four teams that play on Tuesday night I think it is, so from that point of view we have put ourselves in a better position.

Coventry match highlights

The Argyle under-18 team win 5-1 at Forest Green Rovers in an EFL Youth Alliance game.