Time for Lloyd Jones | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Time for Lloyd Jones

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":3fu1hht3 said:
If you really want to know I’ve followed Lloyd Jones’s fortunes since he left Argyle, looking at match reports when he played for Liverpool and then saw him for Wales. I then saw all his games for England u19 and u20. I think I’ve seen him enough to form an opinion, and I think he’s an excellent CB from what I’ve seen. He got signed by Liverpool having played less standard competitive games than I’ve seen him play so he’s definitely got something that they liked.

Hopefully you can stop trolling now and just let me have my opinion without constantly questioning.

You keep saying the same thing and when challenged call them a troll. Grow up. if you cant handle being challenged dont post!
He has never played for Liverpool so which match report did you see? And England under 20 level is a very different game to League 21. if you dont get that you understand very little. If you watched all his England games sounds a bit strange. Were you stalking him?!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
He has played for Liverpool.. obviously wiki or soccerbase or what ever stats you check only cover 1st matches..

And no I’ve not been stalking him, I just take an interest in youth internationals and he was obviously a Plymothian which helped me being a little more interested.

Sep 6, 2006
JannerinCardiff":2ulv7tsq said:
He has played for Liverpool.. obviously wiki or soccerbase or what ever stats you check only cover 1st matches..

And no I’ve not been stalking him, I just take an interest in youth internationals and he was obviously a Plymothian which helped me being a little more interested.

But you went to watch every England game he played in? And for Liverpool RESERVES too. Sounds a bit weird. But anyway you havent seem him in competitive League action have you? Only kids or reserve football.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He is here to fit in if one of our permanent squad gets injured or loses form. For example, he would have been useful to have for the first half of this season when Edwards and Canavan were ill or injured. They have now formed a relatively steady, stable partnership and it would seem unnecessary to disrupt it. Same applies to Threlkeld and Anderson. It is reassuring to have them available if required.
Like Vyner and Matthews last season, Jones is unlikely to be with us next season as he will be back at Luton and hoping to play in The Championship. Hopefully, there may be more of a chance of getting Threlkeld if he becomes available.

Aug 5, 2016
If Luton deem him surplus to requirements now, I can't see any reason they would want him in the Championship. If he was Championship level, similar to say Zak Vyner or Sonny Bradley, he wouldn't be iin Luton reserves and then on loan at Argyle. Vyner was on loan at Argyle because he was 20 years old and behind a solid CB partnership that was close to a playoff push for the Prem. Jones may kick on but if you take Liverpool out of his CV he hasn't proven a great deal in the Football League yet.

Aug 5, 2015
I agree that at his age he needs to be playing far far more than he has to date. If as been suggested, Canavan moves on at the end of the season he’d be worth a punt. But not right now in the current situation.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
I think it is time for Lloyd Jones - Canavan is off the boil (eg no challenge on the big centre forward for Rovers first goal) and has been for a few games now. let's grind out a few points to get us over the line.

Aug 5, 2015
I agree and the way to do that is to have a settled team, not introduce a relatively inexperienced player to the “ dirty” part of the team when we have everything to play for and a whole lot to lose. Let’s face it he’s cover and nowhere near where Vyner was last season

Jul 12, 2016
Canavan likes to play out of defence rather than resort to hoof ball.Didn't rate Threlkeld on Saturday would prefer ASB at right back.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I'd give him a chance now tbf in Canavan's position. Yeah he's inexperienced but the only way to get experience is to play.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":2eze9cai said:
I'd give him a chance now tbf in Canavan's position. Yeah he's inexperienced but the only way to get experience is to play.

So let me get this right. We are in a relegation battle and you are concrrned about guivng a Luton player some experience? 1st goal conceded was the result of some powder puff tackles in.midfield as usual by Fox and one other (Ness or Lameiras) and 2nd was Songoo losing his man. Nothing to do with Canavan

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":v10u9ac1 said:
JannerinCardiff":v10u9ac1 said:

But you went to watch every England game he played in? And for Liverpool RESERVES too. Sounds a bit weird. But anyway you havent seem him in competitive League action have you? Only kids or reserve football.

I think that’s a bit disrepectful to top prem league reserve teams (didn’t Chelsea’s team of youngsters just give us an Argyle team with lots of L1 experience a proper battering?) and to call England u20 sides ‘kids’ is certainly does not equate to the talent in those teams.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes you have to play to get experience but right in the middle of a relegation battle? Whether it’s with us or Luton or somewhere else he definitely has to play regularly next season and thereafter. Otherwise he’ll have to join Mark Matthews team in the Neverland League South.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If we had 2 top quality CB’s who were really playing well I’d agree to keep the CB pairing alone, but to me Canavan hasn’t played well for a few games and I just think Jones would improve our defence.

People say it’s risky to play Jones instead of Canavan because we’re in a relegation battle, but we’re in that battle with Canavan in our team and I think it’s more risky playing Canavan than dropping him to the bench.