Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 77 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
Theoretically:

If you had a job, and were not on the best of terms with your employer (and hadn't been paid for months)... there's a slight chance that you'll receive your backpay in a few days - and you were offered a job and accepted... would you want to make this known on live TV, or would you reaffirm your commitment, for now?

Anyway, his comments are sure to shake-up the bookmakers odds!

We've had to trust the selection panel up to now. If they haven't 'actually' made a decision yet, they'll really need to pull their fingers out by the end of the month.

I'd be extremely underwhelmed with Michael Flynn - we need someone who's going to give us all the confidence that we're going places next season... preferably that's not orbital in terms of football style, or, the National League.

Mar 23, 2008
PlymOdi":136q2bqm said:
So the same fans that want a manager 100% dedicated to Argyle... Want Ian Holloway?

The same Ian Holloway who did what he did to us last time...
The same Ian Holloway who has recently declared he wants to speak to Walsall about their vacancy?
The same Ian Holloway who has recently declared he wants to speak to Middlesbrough about their vacancy?

Seems a bit strange to me.
The same Ian Holloway who has expressed remorse on many occasions about how he left Argyle, at times when he was employed at a higher level and with no agenda.

Apr 4, 2004
Doesn't Low have to sound committed to Bury until he is no longer an employee. Meaning that if his current chairman is playing it difficult which seems like a possibility. Low cannot afford to give him any ammunition.

I noticed that the Bury chairman also denied that players and staff aren't getting paid. My guess is that is part of his strategy to stop people walking and claiming the breach of contract argument. That includes Low. I wouldn't be to quick to come to conclusions. We call Ollie a snake for what he said and did. But at the time he was an Argyle employee. Maybe he desperately wanted away. But he couldn't say so publicly. No he did the only thing he could. Make a public commitment to us until it was signed and sealed.

Oct 14, 2015
“ Flynn admitted he is now likely to lose some players to clubs higher up the pyramid with 12 players out of contract at the end of June..

"I will lose players, it is inevitable; I am not happy about it, they are some of our best players, but that's reality.”

Flynn after play off defeat

Doesn’t sound like he’s leaving?

But Lowe now 5/6 and Flynn 5/2...

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Steve Evans":3rytzqqm said:
IJN":3rytzqqm said:
I still ask the question, who has said that Lowe was offered the job?
i think alan nixon did.

I thought that too .. maybe I misread it.?

Mar 14, 2009
Whether people like it or not, we are a league two club.

To go for Lowe was always an ambitious ask.

Who in their right mind would leave for a club in a league below and relocate his family unless he really has to.

For all we know he might of gone for an interview but told Argyle he wouldn’t be prepared to commit to them until a certain time frame.

I still would like him here. I can’t see any quotes in the public domain by Argyle or Lowe saying he has been offered the job and he has turned it/us down. What everyone is doing is interrupting his quotes without really knowing what’s going on.

I understand that’s what this message board is for. Yet it’s like people are “in the know” and lm afraid nobody, including the usual posters in here who have great snippets of information they share with us and the Sun Journalist, really don’t know fully what is happening.

Why rip into someone like Lowe when we don’t fully know the situation and how he has to play it out.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":37lh5gkx said:
Whether people like it or not, we are a league two club.

To go for Lowe was always an ambitious ask.

Who in their right mind would leave for a club in a league below and relocate his family unless he really has to.

For all we know he might of gone for an interview but told Argyle he wouldn’t be prepared to commit to them until a certain time frame.

I still would like him here. I can’t see any quotes in the public domain by Argyle or Lowe saying he has been offered the job and he has turned it/us down. What everyone is doing is interrupting his quotes without really knowing what’s going on.

I understand that’s what this message board is for. Yet it’s like people are “in the know” and lm afraid nobody, including the usual posters in here who have great snippets of information they share with us and the Sun Journalist, really don’t know fully what is happening.

Why rip into someone like Lowe when we don’t fully know the situation and how he has to play it out.
you would still like him here after what he said?he sounds more desperate than we are!Lowe Nooooooooooooo.

Jul 12, 2016
Clutching at straws. At the moment looks like we are having the same problems signing a Manager as we have had with players.
Thought our refurbished grandstand might have helped to impress.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Purple Slug":3b4df5z4 said:
I was reasonably excited about Lowe coming in, but not anymore. IF he has been offered the job, it should be withdrawn immediately.

Ryan Lowe doesn't see us as a step up. His comments, if recorded correctly, don't display a passion to manage here. He isn't committed to moving here.

Sorry but that is completely and utterly crazy.

He is still Bury manager, there is no way on earth he’d go on national TV and display any passion for Argyle whatsoever. The age old response in this situation is always always something along the lines of ‘I’m still xxxxxx manager, I can’t comment on speculation’.

Perhaps we’re not used to going after managers that are actually with other clubs (when WAS the last time that happened?) This seems pretty normal when you look at how other managerial appointments develop, and certainly this is completely different to getting in an unattached man where there simply aren’t the same negotiations, confidentiality and delicate situations to navigate.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1z5tuykq said:
The presenter asked him and the Cowley brother about next season. Lowe "I want to be a League1 manager". There's only one way of interpreting that. Unless of course he just said it as he's not ready for the announcement to be made yet.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Deacster":3l9prs70 said:
PlymOdi":3l9prs70 said:
So the same fans that want a manager 100% dedicated to Argyle... Want Ian Holloway?

The same Ian Holloway who did what he did to us last time...
The same Ian Holloway who has recently declared he wants to speak to Walsall about their vacancy?
The same Ian Holloway who has recently declared he wants to speak to Middlesbrough about their vacancy?

Seems a bit strange to me.
The same Ian Holloway who has expressed remorse on many occasions about how he left Argyle, at times when he was employed at a higher level and with no agenda.

That’s what I think too. He’s said on numerous times how he so much regrets, and I truly believe he wants to make amends.

Mar 8, 2016
oldage":1c0j4tkk said:
Clutching at straws. At the moment looks like we are having the same problems signing a Manager as we have had with players.
Thought our refurbished grandstand might have helped to impress.

I was just thinking the same, can’t get the players we want, can’t get the mangers we want. This is why we are noting more than a league one/two yo yo club, even though we have good support for that level of football. It’s quite depressing really. We really need someone to give this club a lift, I can see why a lot of fans want Holloway back, because let’s be honest that was the last time we were any good.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe could have been more tactful and considerate, he would have known in advance questions would be asked about his future but at least we now know he's unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.