Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
The Countdown to Salford

Salford City
Official website
Fans forum
Twitter

Sunday

Sam Purkiss is the referee for the game, he is in his first season in the EFL having stepped up from the National League where he officiated for two seasons. His only other game this season was the opening day clash between Exeter City and Macclesfield.
The assistant referee's are Sam Ogles and Garry Maskell while the fourth official is Ros Martin.

According to the Transfermarkt website the Argyle squad is valued at £2.84 million while the Salford squad is worth £2.52 million.

The Salford squad includes former Argyle players Kyle Letheren and Oscar Threlkeld. Keeper Letheren is yet to play having been an unused substitute in the four games played this season.
Threlkeld was a 89th substitute in the first league game of the season and started in the EFL Cup against Leeds United before being subbed in the 64th minute. He was missing from the squad that faced Port Vale last Saturday.

The Salford Story
Formed in 1940 as Salford Central playing in local minor leagues, the club changed names in 1989 to Salford City and won the Northern Premier League in 2008.
The situation changed dramatically in 2014 when Singaporean businessman Peter Lim and the Manchester United 'class of 92' took over the club, Lim owning 50% and Gary and Phil Neville, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs owning 10% each with the target of Championship football within 15 years.
Four promotions in five seasons followed with another Manchester United player David Beckham becoming part-owner in January 2019 taking a 10% stake from Lim.
Salford were the subject of TV documentaries as average attendances at the Peninsula Stadium Moor Lane started to rocket -
2014/2015 - 383
2015/2016 - 642
2016/2017 - 1,395
2017/2018 - 1,626
2018/2019 - 2,509
A record attendance of 4,518 was at Moor Lane for the cup game against Leeds last Tuesday.
Salford season tickets for current season ticket holders were priced at just £125 while a new season ticket holder would pay £175, matchday ticket prices are at £10.

In July 2018 while a National League side Salford signed Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney for a reported transfer fee of £300,000 and a weekly wage of £4,000.

Salford started the season as one of the favourites to win promotion from League Two.

Salford's only away game so far this season was a 2-0 defeat at Crawley Town with 145 Salford fans in attendance.

Monday

Tickets are already selling well for the game on Tuesday; blocks 10 and 12 are sold out and other blocks have limited seating.

According to Sky Bet Argyle are favourites to win with odds of 6/5, a Salford win is placed at 23/10 and the draw is ranked 21/10.

Tickets for the Salford game almost sold out .... club website

Ryan Lowe looks ahead to the game .... club website

The Supporters Bar opens on Tuesday ... club website

Tuesday

Salford manager Graham Alexander talks about the game ....
“All our games are big for us, it’s way too early to know who’s going to be competing; I know along with ourselves they were early pre-season favourites but there’s a lot of work to do between here and the end of the season to prove that’s the case. 

“Plymouth’s always a difficult place to go, the crowd get behind them and you have to play with a good mentality and look after the ball so we know it’s a tough game, but it won’t decide anything at the end of the season. 
“I just want to give it our best shot to get the points that we need to make sure we’re competing at the top end.

“We get looked after by the club, they make sure we get down there in plenty of time to prepare.
“It’s the supporters who are the biggest victims of a fixture like this, but we have fit players, they know how to look after themselves, they’re professional and we expect everyone to be ready to go.”

A guide to Home Park .... club website

The game will be available to UK subscribers on Ifollow.

The matchday programme is available for digital download..... here

All about Salford.... club website

Nearly all blocks sold out, very limited seats in blocks 16, 19, 20, 21 ....

Spot the mistake

Less than 100 tickets left ...

The game is now sold out for Argyle fans ...

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
What is the smallest away following at Home Park for a League game?

Would be surprised if Salford bring more than 100 on Tuesday night

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I think there will be several people wearing Man United shirts in the Argyle seats, I know of three planning to do that.

Dec 3, 2005
Probably be the biggest attendance they have played in front of.

Wonder if any of the 'Class of 92' will come down - it is a long way :)

Dec 3, 2005
PL2 3DQ":14el5bo7 said:
I think there will be several people wearing Man United shirts in the Argyle seats, I know of three planning to do that.

Can see any logic in that lol :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
cheshiregreen":37csolni said:
What is the smallest away following at Home Park for a League game?

Would be surprised if Salford bring more than 100 on Tuesday night

Burton bought 26 once. :oops:

Mar 8, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3qw4wdwz said:

Why? I’m guessing these 3 people struggle with life?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Army green":1xs0a5rq said:
PL2 3DQ":1xs0a5rq said:

Why? I’m guessing these 3 people struggle with life?

True Man Utd fans - don't live in Manchester, probably know about Salford as it's in (or around) Manchester and think that it's Man U coming instead.

Jul 3, 2013
Salford or absolutely terrible and I think we will win by a 2 or 3 goal margin. They will struggle to finish top half.

Aug 17, 2018
I think Salford will be the new Crawley, they will reach League One I am sure, but as soon as Kim and the 92s get bored or develop other interests they will pull out and they will drop back down.

Anyway let's hope the team show an improvement from yesterday.

Aug 5, 2016
PL2 3DQ":dkr53f8b said:

I genuinely hope the stewards don't let anyone wearing Manchester United shirts in the home section. Send them home, free to return when wearing something sensible and less inciteful. Maybe a pie thrown down their red shirt might make the point.

Sep 19, 2015
Absolute cringe if fully grown adults show up to Home Park wearing any other football shirts than the two teams on show. I hope the three who intend to partake in this embarrassing act have a long hard look at themselves tonight and reconsider.