Bradford v Argyle - the build up. Game ON | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradford v Argyle - the build up. Game ON

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sam Barker":j61ueygp said:
Cornishman":j61ueygp said:
The weather in Bradford could be a little concerning - Forecast for lots of rain on Friday, as well as Saturday morning. Let's hope the weather doesn't get in the way!

Their pitch is dreadful. A postponement really wouldn’t be surprising.

Yes it would be surprising. I don’t think they have had a game postponed all season and there has been some horrendous wet weather before now.

S

StaffordBantam

After a number of postponements in 2017/18 (including being the only match to be called off on one occasion), a bit of work was done on the Valley Parade pitch drainage in the summer of 2018.

The pitch surface itself is a mess, with a distinct lack of grass. However, there have been a few occasions this season where we have thought that the match wouldn't survive, but it has.

I wouldn't give tomorrow's match much chance if it carries on raining right up to kick off time, but the forecast suggests a dry spell in the 4 or 5 hours leading up to kick off, which might be just enough for the pitch to drain.

Have a safe journey.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
mervyn":11bs4w92 said:
Keepitgreen":11bs4w92 said:
Site Manager":11bs4w92 said:
Bradford striker Lee Novak looks ahead to the game .. club website
“Plymouth are quite a big, well-traveled club as well in terms of supporters so hopefully, if they bring quite a few down, the atmosphere should be another good one.”
Geography not his strong point. :D

Aah, but northerners have a different view of up and down where the UK is concerned. My northern friends will talk about going ‘up to London’, so it’s quite consistent they would refer to Argyle fans ‘coming down’ to Bradford. It’s a funny old world.

I understand that going "up to London" from whichever direction refers to London's status as a capital. It's a bit of cultural inferiority complex for some people.

However, as Plymouth is further from London than Bradford is, that shouldn't apply here.

Personally I hate this nonsense.. People are not inferior if they not from London. Geographically (to me) North is up. South is down.

May 21, 2018
In Bradford. Rain is moderate to heavy and has been persistent in the three hours since we arrived. Suppose it depends on when the referee gets here as to when there will be a pitch inspection. Nothing on Bradford City website to suggest a problem yet...

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Reading all the stuff about how lousy their pitch is, I see it had major work done it in close season 2018. Trouble is the major work may well have been monster trucks crash zone party :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :funny:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The ref for Tranmere v Fleetwood has already looked at their pitch and called the game off. Mansfield have a pitch inspection first thing in the morning. I'm sure there'll be a few more.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
No mention at all in the Bradford Telegraph of this game being at risk. Just McCall saying nice things about Argyle and that they are going to go on the front foot with us. Their supporters don’t sound too optimistic.
W A A A W

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":1j5hklvj said:
The ref for Tranmere v Fleetwood has already looked at their pitch and called the game off. Mansfield have a pitch inspection first thing in the morning. I'm sure there'll be a few more.

Third game called off at Prenton Park this season. Surface very poor there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No debate.

JUDXyg3.jpg

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":37qi3rsc said:
Keepitgreen":37qi3rsc said:

Third game called off at Prenton Park this season. Surface very poor there.
No wonder the ref made an early visit.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a cautionary pitch inspection at 10.30am.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Fine morning here in Sheffield, although some overnight rain. Just waiting to hear news from the pitch inspection before setting off. For anybody on way up from Devon or further afield, I would be surprised if it’s off, although their pitch is a bit of a state as can be seen in the photos.

Does anybody know the total number of GA expected today?