Season is over. | Page 31 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Season is over.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
KFA":3fh98iai said:
Chatham is probably the nicest bit of the Medway towns!

In a Beirut sort of way I suppose. That's where the phrase 'chatty' (dirty) came from.

Rainham is quite a nice spot though. I lived there for about 12 months when my old man was in the navy.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Welwyn Pilgrim":1nhrrwie said:
Luton or Gillingham, it’s a tough call. Both need knocking down and rebuilt

I know both quite well, after living in one and working in another.

Not only is Luton a dump they seem to have an attitude unlike any other town. That Bury Park though! :shock: It makes Swilly look like St Tropez.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
WoodsyGreen":o6vn9bxm said:
Devongreenowl":o6vn9bxm said:
WoodsyGreen":o6vn9bxm said:
I went for a stroll around Chatham before the Gillingham away game last season. I am still recovering from the experience.

It is surely the only town in England that would be improved by having a nucleur bomb dropped on it.

You can’t have been to Rotherham or Barnsley then Woodsy! :funny:

I've been to Barnsley, though only on a coach to Oakwell and straight back out again afterwards. I thought it had a certain northern 'charm' about it. A bit like you, Owl ;)

I might report that comment about Barnsley back to a certain forum in S6 Woodsy, they need a bit of mass hilarity at the moment with one thing and another. Barnsley and charm are two things that just don’t go together. It’s like Swilly and genteel sophistication in the same sentence. :whistle:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
IJN":3bbwgxqv said:
KFA":3bbwgxqv said:
Chatham is probably the nicest bit of the Medway towns!

In a Beirut sort of way I suppose. That's where the phrase 'chatty' (dirty) came from.

Rainham is quite a nice spot though. I lived there for about 12 months when my old man was in the navy.

Recall some good runs ashore in Chatham in my navy days IJN, but was never actually based there. Maybe fleeting visits were best! :funny:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
WoodsyGreen":20wuf2ad said:
I went for a stroll around Chatham before the Gillingham away game last season. I am still recovering from the experience.

It is surely the only town in England that would be improved by having a nucleur bomb dropped on it.

A previous Poet Laureate suggested:

"Come friendly bombs and drop on Slough
It isn't fit for humans now"

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":1cu5oi1m said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":1cu5oi1m said:
Luton or Gillingham, it’s a tough call. Both need knocking down and rebuilt

I know both quite well, after living in one and working in another.

Not only is Luton a dump they seem to have an attitude unlike any other town. That Bury Park though! :shock: It makes Swilly look like St Tropez.

Of course the Medway towns include the village of Luton so you could get a double whammy

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Would a discussion on the route cause of why these places are such sh1tholes be worth a go? You know, rampant neoliberalism that sort of thing... Or just... Look, sh1tole

Oct 31, 2015
Devongreenowl":2y22547v said:
IJN":2y22547v said:

Recall some good runs ashore in Chatham in my navy days IJN, but was never actually based there. Maybe fleeting visits were best! :funny:

Showing your age now speaking of runs ashore in Chatham :funny:

Strange thing is when the yard closed quite a few Gills fans ended up in Devonport dockyard. It was quite surreal seeing Gills scarves up in offices. Still some old timers in there now.

May 12, 2020
Getting back on topic why is this farce still continuing. We have been told L2 is finished with agreement all around and points per game. L1 and Championship have been told either play your games or same scenario applies.

Argyle are promoted. Lets start thinking about L1 if indeed football starts next season with or without supporters and stop these ifs and buts, because there simply aren't any. We're promoted and Ryan Lowe has two back to back promotions and fair play to him

Oct 31, 2015
Frixx":3l2jwca2 said:
Getting back on topic why is this farce still continuing. We have been told L2 is finished with agreement all around and points per game. L1 and Championship have been told either play your games or same scenario applies.

Argyle are promoted. Lets start thinking about L1 if indeed football starts next season with or without supporters and stop these ifs and buts, because there simply aren't any. We're promoted and Ryan Lowe has two back to back promotions and fair play to him

Blimey didn't realise there was a statement from the EFL confirming our promotion. The club haven't said anything. When did this happen?
:scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Frixx":3r5nviup said:

And if League 1 vote against relegation?

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
up_the_line":3gcfa5s9 said:
Would a discussion on the route cause of why these places are such sh1tholes be worth a go? You know, rampant neoliberalism that sort of thing... Or just... Look, sh1tole

The route cause might be the road connections.

Like they say about Cornwall the best thing about it is you have to drive through Devon to get there.

Duck!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Frixx":1uesou9z said:

Because L2 voted for PPG, the play-offs to happen and no relegation for Stevenage because there is the possibility that they could have escaped from that relegation position.

If the EFL apply the same to L1 then Tranmere would have to receive the same reprieve as Stevenage which would mean only three promotion places from L2. Two automatic and one via play-offs. Whilst that is still a possibility the GA can't be 100% sure that third place means promotion. It could mean play-offs and a possible winner takes all final against Exeter.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008