South west teams in size order | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

South west teams in size order

Jan 5, 2019
Course they are they're in our region, if you search the South West of England our wikipedia page includes the 3 inner counties Cornwall Devon Somerset & the 3 Outers Dorset Wiltshire & Gloucestershire of which Bristol was apart of historically way back.

Your opinion might differ which is fair enough, but it includes Bournemouth Swindon & Cheltenham in the sports teams from our region on the wikipedia page too.[/quote]

So you believe everything in Wikipedia.

Try looking at a map, Swindon in the South west , blimey ?

Did they do geography at school.[/quote]

Nope as the same page splits the south east into southern England & east of England & puts Scunthorpe & Grimsby in the north & the rest of their county of Lincolnshire in the East Midlands, when it should be all East Midlands.

Yep looked at a map & yeah looks like South West England.

Yep what about yourself? :thumbup:[/quote]

If you looked at a map, how can you say Swindon is in the SW..

It is over half way to London from Plymouth.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Let's just call it quits, I believe south west, you don't, some think I'm right, some think you're right, everyone's gonna think differently, cause end of the day we're all different, but I accept your opinion.

Jan 5, 2019
Devongreenowl":2ff8poq1 said:
BcbC2312":2ff8poq1 said:
Emu":2ff8poq1 said:
What's the definition of size?

Sorry what was that question referred to? Or to who emu? :lol:

I have been thinking youā€™re a bit preoccupied with size Bcb.

Oi less if that Owl :shh: :funny: there's websites for that sort of thing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bournemouth = ā€˜South Coastā€™.

Cheltenham = ā€˜South Midlandsā€™

Swindon - ā€˜On the M4 somewhere as South West as Folkestoneā€™.

Here to educate.

As someone has already said;-

Argyle

Exeter
Torquay

May 8, 2011
The South West as a region depends on the organisations you choose, as an example:

the Government defines it as Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire.

The BBC regions have Devon and Cornwall in the South West, Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire in the West and Dorset in the South.

I prefer the BBC definitions.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yes, I donā€™t think we can argue much that Bristol and Cheltenham are in the south west. That makes Bristol City easily the biggest club. Ordnance Survey one of the worlds most respected references, also states that Bournemouth is in the south west which is harder to accept, but thatā€™s what it says.

Jul 14, 2008
Balham_Green":20p5p5qm said:
This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads ever. :facepalm:
Itā€™s a more interesting read than the stupid thread about Ryan Lowe leaving for multiple teams. And the OP is respectful of other peopleā€™s opinion which is good to see too.