Scottish training base? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Scottish training base?

Aug 5, 2016
Jimmytheoneo":27kulatp said:
Semaphore05":27kulatp said:
One of my sisters who lives up that way suggested Cameron House Loch Lomond and after having a look at their website reckon that could be the base. Only a guess!
:scarf:

The Cameron house hotel is very nice and very expensive. Stayed there a couple of years ago.
In the present situation I would have thought this was an unnecessary expense

Why doesn’t the club just tell us where they are going? Why all the secrecy?

Why would anyone care what hotel they are staying in? I don't really understand the relevance to supporters, or for the club to feel the need to broadcast it.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":2ye3c8vt said:
Jimmytheoneo":2ye3c8vt said:
Semaphore05":2ye3c8vt said:
One of my sisters who lives up that way suggested Cameron House Loch Lomond and after having a look at their website reckon that could be the base. Only a guess!

The Cameron house hotel is very nice and very expensive. Stayed there a couple of years ago.

Why would anyone care what hotel they are staying in? I don't really understand the relevance to supporters, or for the club to feel the need to broadcast it.

Openness and transparency.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
HC Green":29lb60mm said:
Knibbsworth":29lb60mm said:
Jimmytheoneo":29lb60mm said:
Semaphore05":29lb60mm said:

Perhaps they don't want spies to watch them training.

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":287gmnc7 said:
Knibbsworth":287gmnc7 said:
Jimmytheoneo":287gmnc7 said:
Semaphore05":287gmnc7 said:

I understand how declaring the details of a £2.5m cash injection into the club is open and transparent, but not so much revealing the hotel the club is staying and training at in Scotland.

I really just don't get the relevance to supporters. Fans aren't invited to come and be a part of it? It is a private retreat for the players.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2ui7mk6k said:
HC Green":2ui7mk6k said:
Knibbsworth":2ui7mk6k said:
Jimmytheoneo":2ui7mk6k said:
Semaphore05":2ui7mk6k said:

I understand how declaring the details of a £2.5m cash injection into the club is open and transparent, but not so much revealing the hotel the club is staying and training at in Scotland.

I really just don't get the relevance to supporters. Fans aren't invited to come and be a part of it? It is a private retreat for the players.
Exactly. The last thing the club wants is fans turning up at the location.

Sep 25, 2010
HC Green":118w806d said:
Knibbsworth":118w806d said:
Jimmytheoneo":118w806d said:
Semaphore05":118w806d said:

Look, the club is not going to tell you, what hotel they are staying at.

Why should they, just leave them alone.

We will probably get a couple of news conferences from the hotel, next week, that is enough..

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Keepitgreen":3uiapykx said:
Knibbsworth":3uiapykx said:
HC Green":3uiapykx said:
Knibbsworth":3uiapykx said:
Jimmytheoneo":3uiapykx said:
Semaphore05":3uiapykx said:

Exactly. The last thing the club wants is fans turning up at the location.
You just know that some would.

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Argylegames":qsvp2ck7 said:
Emu":qsvp2ck7 said:
It's very nice around there.
Not if you have to take the low road

Low road is the best road as the high road is the gallows.. loch lomond was penned by a Scottish Army prisoner held in Carlisle jail with a colleague. One Xmas they were told one would be released and the other hung.. the soldier that wrote it never survived... well so the legend says

Getting back on track .. living up here it would love to see Argyle but obviously can't.. staying where.. Edzell as per luggy might be too close to Aberdeen n Glasgow could be high risk too.. i am going for St Andrews few rounds of golf and excellent training facilities provided by the University that Barcelona have used before.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps a press release saying ‘Stalkers not required’ would be prudent.

Aug 10, 2006
same place they would have stayed in july I guess when they would have played Rangers and somebody else ……. Chinese.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
smudja":x2286g7s said:
Low road is the best road as the high road is the gallows..

The version my Scottish junior school taught us was that the high road is the normal road the living pass along, the low road is the one the dead travel on. Hence the dead spirit will get home before the living. I was also told it was the condemned man writing to his beloved before his execution.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
There will be no social distancing from the midges.

August, Scotland = midge fest.