Ifollow income/views (clubs on the brink of admin) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ifollow income/views (clubs on the brink of admin)

May 30, 2019
Ifollow experience has so far, for me, been excellent.
£10 to watch Argyle live seems a bargain to me. If we have only 2000 subscribers ( + Season ticket holders), I would be really disappointed. Ok the Shrewsbury match wasn't great viewing, but how else to show support for argyle now and to put some money their way?

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Forest of Dean Green":3uk70ue6 said:
Bleak projections on the BBC website today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54322650

I created a thread linking the same article, then I spotted this thread and removed mine and added my comments here.

Just read that, it really does make grim reading. I truly fear that some teams will be going to the wall. What I don’t have a feel for is the number that could be affected.

For the iFollow experience, the home video passes that I have bought have worked without issue. The audio subscription that I have and that I use for away games has been a pile of steaming turd.

I will be continuing to buy the video pass in the knowledge that in some small way it is helping the club.

May 28, 2019
i have never had a problem with ifollow , watched every game so far, from reading posts here and a few other places , it boils down to your own personal internet speeds,and browsers , if you have poor internet it will not work correctly, i have 300mb fibre broadband and i live in a rural area, but i follow works fine on those speeds, check your speeds and connection!

May 28, 2019
max":1dtrpm9e said:
Talking about iFollow, is it only me who has rubbish reception for the match? Stop and start, I missed our goal and when the match restarted after halftime I was still watching the first half!!!
I'm only in Pompey not Outer Mongolia!!!
Max
sounds more like poor internet speeds you have, and if your behind, try refreshing your browser ,works fine for me in deepest darkest cornwall,

Sep 22, 2020
presume the £10 a match is a national EFL agreement which all clubs have to apply via ifollow. with no discretion to increase or decrease club by club?

with 5,000 season ticket holders i would be surprised i'd argyle sold more than 500 for home games and maybe 2500/3000 for away games.

take off the VAT and that really is not very much over a season, particularly after you factor in the pre season investment in new equipt etc, wages for camera crew.

so 500 x £10 per home game less the VAT is £8.33 x 23 = £95,795

away say 3,000 x 8.33 x 23 = 574,770

so say £750k income to be optimistic.

worth having certainly but well short of funding a player wage bill of £2.5m, even if new players are on a covid contract earning less when no crowds are allowed in which lots of clubs are implementing.

can see why many div 1 and 2 clubs with smaller crowd bases than argyle will be in real trouble.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
My iFollow streams (all games) have been absolutely fine so far (apart the last couple of Radio Devon commentators who didn’t seem to be actually watching the game...). The fact that people are having very different experiences surely points to the issues being at the users end rather than with the iFollow service itself? it might be local area/regional bandwidth issues.

Jan 7, 2018
I had some random weird voices for majority of Wimbledon. Mostly though I'm just glad to watch argyle

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
IJN":maijqgtw said:
I also think the charge for overseas customers is far far too cheap. It should be doubled as they can see all of our game home and away for what? Something like £150??

As I say, missed revenue in my eyes.

I’ve watched IFollow from day one , throughout all the many teething problems. 150 quid is roughly 280 NZD which is more than enough for watching the majority of games live at 2,3 or 4am in the morning.
I’ve supported Argyle since the late 1950s but any increase in IFollow charges would be unacceptable to me.We can’t all afford to play golf .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Silly jibe about golf there bud.

It’s far far too cheap. A few ££ a game?

Silly rates. Stupidly cheap.

Why is it that someone in Auckland can pay pennies and pay for a pass when someone in Accrington has to pay £440?

The fact that you have to get up early (where you are) and others have to stay up late has bugger all to do with it.

This was about revenue streams and one way to increase it would be to charge a globally equitable rate.

Aug 5, 2005
I watched the first two league games. The Wimbledon game my feed was awful, so I was having to flick between audio and video

Of the 8 goals I got to see two. And when we equalised I still thought it was 4-2 because I was changing streams.

My broadband was upgraded on Monday to 130 whatevers so hopefully I'll get the entire game on Saturday

Sep 8, 2013
£10 is a steal in my opinion. Under normal circumstances it would cost me more than that just to get to HP and back, before adding the price of my ticket. IFollow has been problem-free for me and I do not have any special add-ons to enhance reception. I must confess to becoming quite addicted to paying my tenner and streaming the matches. COYG up in Hull!

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Any so called fan who go around a friend house to share a feed should be ashamed of themselves. The club needs all the money they can get.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Keyham Pilgrim":2tsa4b5i said:
Any so called fan who go around a friend house to share a feed should be ashamed of themselves. The club needs all the money they can get.

Really, so on Saturday if I purchase a match pass and two mates come round to watch it, as opposed to sitting home on their own with their own pass we should be ashamed?

Or the fact myself and three others watched my ST ifollow pass whilst in Weymouth on a trip I should be ashamed?

Get real.

Jun 27, 2019
I'll be watching the game with my old man and two sons on Saturday, but we'll be wearing hairshirts and thorn crowns throughout in order to purge ourselves of shame.